Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2007, 06:43 PM   #31
JMI

Watching Formula 1 (Taken by me in 2003)

Tuning Turbocharged Cars

...And partying like a rockstar!

06-05-2007, 08:01 PM   #32
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by case sensitive Quote
Let's see....

- tools (well over $2000 in craftsman tools).
-

That's my main weakness.

Just this past weekend, I picked up an Impact Wrench and sets of 12ea metric and SAE deep impact sockets. Also, a 3/8 air ratchet. Oh yeah, the 33 gal 2HP vertical compressor to run all of that. Of course, I had to have all of the necessary fittings and accessories.

And........ a Craftsman 4 ton Floor jack.

Seems like every time I have to work on my wifes Mustang, my pick up or the daughters old Contour, I end up needing a tool that I don't have. So, off to sears. And, of course, if I need something Metric, I have to pick up the like item in SAE.

Craftsman tools are, indeed, an addiction.

Ed
06-06-2007, 06:11 AM   #33

Photos: Gallery
^ Nice! I've got a 5 or 6 hp 33gal horizontal and a 2hp 5gal or so pancake.
06-06-2007, 06:38 AM   #34

Photos: Albums
Always had some kind of addiction but this lba beats it big way.

~=I still search for some bucks to get a 100-300mm f4 zoomlens, a great wideangle, a ... =~

06-06-2007, 09:30 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hmmmmm, this forum, lol, love simracing < pc racing sims, not games, but sims > smallmouth bass fishing, golf...

JMI, nice shot of the Williams !!
06-07-2007, 06:24 AM   #36
JMI

QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
JMI, nice shot of the Williams !!

Thanks. That was a tough one. 400mm, the car accelerating like mad, and that shot is not cropped one pixel. The only negative is that it was shot with a Canon 10D and 100-400L, before I bought my istd
06-07-2007, 04:40 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A little F1 action for ya. I am in an online league, we race F1 in the game rFactor, first one is me spinning my Red Bull F1 at Malaysia, second is a screen of the 2006 Ferrari at Albert Park

Attached Images

06-09-2007, 05:46 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stratman, I didn't even list my GPL (Grand Prix Legends) addiction. I race with the Mybroga League over at Speedgeezers.com. I have rFactor also and a bunch of guys have spun off and are racing rFactor. I will eventually make the move but it's very hard to give up GPL and it's very hard to race in both GPL and rFactor leagues each week, not enough time to prepare!
If you find yourself looking for a league to race in, check us out:-). I'd post a link to our league but the forums are down right now:-(.
07-02-2007, 06:40 AM   #39
Forum Member

Outside of DVD movies...spending countless hours wasting time on the Internet when I should be out shooting pictures instead!!
07-02-2007, 12:28 PM   #40
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women, Women,Women and NUTELLA & PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICHES...

Benjikan wins the thread!

my only other "addiction" I would say is coffee... I home roast, buy my beans in bulk, usually 50lbs at a time... at last count I had 11 various coffe-making devices, including 2 espresso machines (one of which is a full-on semi-commercial heat-exchanger machine) and that's not even including the grinders (Mazzer and Rancilio) and various accessories :-)

but man oh man... there are few things that can compare with a freshly roasted and carefully crafted shot of espresso from a quality machine.

oh yeah, I am a fan of the gadgets/tech toys too, but luckily my day job allows me to get pretty much anything I want as long as I can even vaguely justify it for work (new macbook pro, iPhone, 30" monitor, whatever...) one of the perks that keeps me there :-)

...Now if only I could find a way to convince them that a 31 LTD was necessary for work.... Hmmmm....