Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Keeping up with the Clintons

Things have been rather subdued in GT lately so I've fealt the duty to stir the pot.
We can use this thread to post photos , list famous quotes , post news articles on or just have some fun with the everybody"s favorite family The Clintons.

Last week:
Hillary was busy pissing off another foriegn country by sharing her thoughts and as some speculate from the picture below casting a spell on Pakistan.
Willy was in Kosovo for the un vieling of his new statue. Someone really needs to put a pair of panties on it's head to give those folks a flavor of the real Bill Clinton .
Chelsea was keeping a low profile.
And my favorite Clinton -George was doing a Halloween concert in New Orleans!

Last edited by seacapt; 04-22-2010 at 09:01 PM.
11-02-2009, 04:43 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't have much to say about Hillary one way or the other, but from an outsider's perspective, President Clinton always came across as well educated and erudite.
Contrast this with GWB who at best came across as a chimpanzee that had been partially trained to read off of a teleprompter but didn't have any comprehension of what he was saying.
11-02-2009, 05:18 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
To the point where a new term had to be coined... "Bushisms"

Like:
"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."

"You work three jobs? ... Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." --to a divorced mother of three

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on --shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again."

"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office."

"We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories ... And we'll find more weapons as time goes on. But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them." --Washington, D.C., May 30, 2003

"Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere!" --joking about his administration's failure to find WMDs in Iraq as he narrated a comic slideshow during the Radio & TV Correspondents' Association dinner, Washington, D.C., March 24, 2004
11-02-2009, 08:02 PM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I don't have much to say about Hillary one way or the other, but from an outsider's perspective, President Clinton always came across as well educated and erudite.
Contrast this with GWB who at best came across as a chimpanzee that had been partially trained to read off of a teleprompter but didn't have any comprehension of what he was saying.
Say that about the new telepromter jocky and you would be deemed a racist. The last 4 presidents were pretty much educated in the same places other than bho's 2 years at Occidental.

George Clinton on the other hand lives down the road and I see him from time to time.

Edit: There are plenty of Barryisms as well they just don't get covered as much. "Breathalizer" "57 States"

And then there is "Standup Chuck" Biden . . . a real slack twisted idiot.

Edit: Edit: Slick Willy- "But I didn't inhale." "I did, not, have, sex, with, that, woman."

Edit: Edit: Edit: Dubya's daddy barfed on the Emperor !Hysterical

Last edited by Blue; 11-02-2009 at 08:08 PM.
11-02-2009, 08:24 PM   #5
Site Supporter

George Clinton must had slick willy in mind when they did this one. Hysterical

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCgthG5sL6M&feature=related[/yt]
11-02-2009, 08:39 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
How can they have a statue of Slick Willy w/o a cigar and a fat intern?
11-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Dr. Funkenstein,
QuoteQuote:
We love to funk you Dr. Funkenstein, because, your funk, is, the, best
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN2fwRBAo7A&feature=related[/yt]

Last edited by Blue; 11-02-2009 at 08:56 PM.
11-02-2009, 08:58 PM   #8
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by flippedgazelle Quote
How can they have a statue of Slick Willy w/o a cigar and a fat intern?
Dr. Funkenstein is probably taking care of her.
11-02-2009, 11:51 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I don't particularly like Hillary myself, but why does anyone think what she said about Pakistan as wrong? They have been providing refuge for Taliban and Al Qaeda for years and she called them on it. If Palin or any other Republican does this, suddenly their hero halo becomes brighter for another few weeks.

Jason
11-03-2009, 09:34 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
I don't particularly like Hillary myself, but why does anyone think what she said about Pakistan as wrong? They have been providing refuge for Taliban and Al Qaeda for years and she called them on it. If Palin or any other Republican does this, suddenly their hero halo becomes brighter for another few weeks.

Jason
It's not what she said but how it was said and taken. One of the main objectives in any negotiation is to avoid pissing off your opponent to the point they refuse to make concessions.
You have to admit Hillary isn't making many friends.
Her Haloween outfit in the picture is pretty scarey too! Is that polyester?

Last edited by seacapt; 11-03-2009 at 09:40 AM.
11-03-2009, 09:44 AM   #11
Site Supporter

Billary lost all credibility when after she was going up against bho in the dnc primary and then carried his water in the main election. Teddy didn't carry Jimmy's water in 1980. I didn't like Teddy (he was no JFK or Bobby) but he set a precedent and Hillary could have gone by it but opted to carry Barry's water and that pretty much closed out her political career when she resigned and elected position to become the hired water girl.
11-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Of course he is well educated and learned. He worked the system to avoid the draft and stay in school.
11-03-2009, 10:20 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
To the point where a new term had to be coined... "Bushisms"

Is poking fun at GWB somehow supposed to mitigate the absurdity of the Clintons?
11-03-2009, 11:08 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Is poking fun at the Clintons somehow supposed to mitigate the awful hilarity of GWB?
11-03-2009, 12:41 PM   #15
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
Is poking fun at GWB somehow supposed to mitigate the absurdity of the Clintons?
Who's poking fun at him? He did it all himself...

A politician can do nothing right... so the Clintons just won't be seen in most Republican's eyes as anything more than a lying, cheating, absurd lot of people. But pure & simple, there is simply no comparison between the quality of leadership from Bill to GWB.

PPI: Bush vs. Clinton: An Economic Performance Index by Robert D. Atkinson and Julie Hutto

Other examples?
Clinton vs. Bush? No Contest!
Graphic: Bush vs. Clinton: Whose Economy Was Better?
eRiposte Politics - Bush vs. Clinton/Gore

Or how about this?
Bush's lies vs. Clinton's lies - Salon.com

Granted, I lost a lot of respect for Hillary in her campaign against Obama in the primaries, but she does have clout and some know-how - much more than some...

Well, at least they come come together amicably at the end of the day...