graphicgr8s

Some interesting reading

As the title says:

Nancy Pelosi's New Health-Care Bill - WSJ.com

11-02-2009, 06:45 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You do understand who owns the WSJ?
I don't believe a thing they say anymore.
Check out Reuters for business news.
11-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It would be more interesting to me if the article were analysis rather than opinion.

I still think the gov't should not attempt to join in the healthcare industry, although perhaps the gov't should help to clean up the corrupt and horribly inefficient healthcare industry, which could in turn lower premiums, which in turn could mean more folks could afford healthcare.

Anyone know where to read a synopsis (not propaganda) of the GOP's healthcare plan? (Please, no "just die" comments! )
11-02-2009, 06:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member

You should run for office. That's probably the best health care proposal I've heard yet.

11-02-2009, 07:09 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Oh just dandy, the WSJ. Can't wait to read the fair, balanced, and unbiased op-ed :-P
11-02-2009, 07:33 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Thanks, but the 1st 2 links are propaganda pieces, the 3rd doesn't actually say anything, the 4th is slightly better but still doesn't specify much. I guess I'll just have to Google around...

11-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #8
Veteran Member

My local newspaper's Sunday edition had a headline saying that the health plan would only cover an additional 2% of people under the age of 65. The paper's owned by the New York Times. Every Sunday morning I get to work with this older gentleman and we talk politics and other BS. We're both cynics and don't take anything too seriously - I kind of think of him as an older me. Anyways, his take on the health bill was that the government needed to get everyone to sign on to cover the exploding (or the getting ready to explode) health costs of the baby boomers. It's a thought. Anyways, do you know why the lawyers have been sooooo quiet? The bill will eliminate a state's right for tort limitaton/reform if they opt in - what a way to reform health care. Usual Washington mumbo jumbo.
11-02-2009, 08:06 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shooz Quote
You do understand who owns the WSJ?
I don't believe a thing they say anymore.
Check out Reuters for business news.
Yes, this should be a concern for all Americans. Rupert Murdoch is rumored to be interested in NBC too now that GE is possibly selling it. Probably wouldn't pass the smell test though. It's no secret that he has an agenda and know's how to use it. He's trying to buy up the worlds news sources. He already owns a good chunk.

Larry
11-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #10
Veteran Member

It's all a conspiracy against the ignorant people that don't understand how to filter what they hear, read or see. It's all propaganda!
11-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #11
Veteran Member

This might be useful, although I have yet to delve into it:

Side-by-Side Comparison of Major Health Care Reform Proposals - Kaiser Family Foundation
11-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #12

I do cringe at this new bill being voted on this week... The concept is "noble" but the execution is scary... Its like "gun control" its a nice concept but it wont work... same as communism.
11-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
This might be useful, although I have yet to delve into it:

Side-by-Side Comparison of Major Health Care Reform Proposals - Kaiser Family Foundation
I have yet to get into either, but I didn't see dick (a check mark) on tort reform - that and legislation is what got us into this mess to begin with.
11-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #14
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by larryinlc Quote
Yes, this should be a concern for all Americans. Rupert Murdoch is rumored to be interested in NBC too now that GE is possibly selling it. Probably wouldn't pass the smell test though. It's no secret that he has an agenda and know's how to use it. He's trying to buy up the worlds news sources. He already owns a good chunk.

Larry
And GE is an Obama puppet. Or is Obama a GE puppet? Along with CNN and MSNBC and CBS. Get real dude.

Just look at all the big donators sleeping in the White House.

I thought the Obama was touted as the great uniter? This country seems more divided than ever.

What happened to all the "transparency" the Obama promised?
11-02-2009, 09:32 PM   #15
Site Supporter

I don't see anything in the bill to reform the insurance companys that got us in this mess.
Quite the opposite.
Just hand the consumer unlimited liability against those companies, while allowing none of them to use pre-existing conditions as an exclusion.
That's tort reform I can believe in.
Let the lawyers earn their keep.
Wallstreet and the courts will straighten iot out in no time flat!

PS. Picking up turds by the clean end is fox news stock in trade.