Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I joined Daggett on the campaign trail for a couple of days, and I don't remember one person ever saying, "I like Corzine" or "I like Christie". Most of the time it was "We have to get Corzine out of there, that's why I'm voting for Christie" or something to that effect.

Corzine threw $30mil of his own money towards slinging mud at Christie. And Christie spent millions slinging mud back. It was disappointing to say the least. I've seen campaigns for student government president run more positively.

11-06-2009, 04:08 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Yeah, Daggett was a real top choice too.

http://www.politickernj.com/matt-friedman/34725/democrats-admit-paying-pro-d...bocall-corzine.

Daggett won’t pledge to refuse Corzine offer | Politics Patrol

They're all a bunch of dirty bastards.
11-06-2009, 04:15 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Isn't that part of the definition of a politician? That and the fact that their only job is too fix the problems that they created.
11-06-2009, 08:09 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Puhleeze - my property tax bill is higher than my mortgage. And going up every year. The property tax relief they talk about would amount to a band-aid on a canyon. The insane county set up results in so much inefficiency and graft...

11-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Daggett had no involvement in this robocall scandal - the calls were made without his knowing and certainly without his approval. His team was completely blindsided by the controversy.

It was shameful how both Corzine and Christie used Daggett like a pawn. Christie's team started the meme, "a vote for Daggett is a vote for Corzine" and went so far as to distribute flyers comparing Daggett's economic plan to Corzine's and saying that they were the same.

Gearhart and NJ101.5 despised Corzine so much that they did all they could to get him out of office, which included backing the one person they thought had a real chance - Christie - and dismissing anyone else that could get in the way of this mission, including Daggett.

Regarding not pledging to take a job from Corzine. He said the same thing about Christie. His point was that if you are qualified for a position and you are called on by the government, then you should put aside political bluster and do what's best for the state.

Before Christie won, the argument I would make to his supporters was, "If Corzine wins, and then turns to Christie and say, 'I want to stop corruption in government. You are the best man for the job. Will you join me?', should Christie put political animosity above the good of the state and refuse?" That's the point Daggett was trying to make, and Gearhart blew it up to something else completely. And I've lost respect for Bob Ingle too - I think that he used to be a newsman, but now he's just trying to stay in the limelight by stoking controversy so that he can sell more books.

It's funny how people expect so much bluster and lying from politicians that they don't know what to do when one actually says what he means.

QuoteQuote:
As I mentioned before, I followed the Daggett campaign for several days, even through the hubub regarding Sarah Palin. The difference between what is said in the media and what is said in real life is almost shocking.

In the spirit of transparency, I became Daggett's unofficial photographer and eventually became a supporter.
11-06-2009, 11:05 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I fail to see how either article condemns Daggett.

The 1st article states that the Dems had robocalls made encouraging voters to vote for Daggett, as a way to siphon votes from Christie. Nobody implicates Daggett in this at all.

The 2nd article states that Daggett hasn't ruled out accepting a gov't position with either Corzine or Christie. Why should he? Daggett could see himself as an oasis of veracity in a sea of corruption.

Of course, "They're all a bunch of dirty bastards."