Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #226
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Honestly, there will be no reason for Texas to try Hasan. .............................
The only possible reason would be if something goes terribly wrong at Courts Martial and he is acquitted due to a procedural or evidentiary error.

11-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #227
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Where are the 'Christian moderates?'
[Lurch]You rang...? [/Lurch]
11-10-2009, 02:17 PM   #228
Veteran Member

T
Christians don't have a history of blaming Christianity when someone freaks out and hurts and/or kills a lot of people using Christian fundamentalist references, do they?

Conservative Christians go postal all too often in this country, too.

Doesn't change the crime. But the reactions are quite different.
Did you have someone specific in mind? The last big "domestic terrorist" I can think of prior to the DC Sniper was Tim McVeigh, and he claimed to have turned his back on the R.C. faith and was an agnostic.
11-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #229
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by flippedgazelle Quote
Did you have someone specific in mind? The last big "domestic terrorist" I can think of prior to the DC Sniper was Tim McVeigh, and he claimed to have turned his back on the R.C. faith and was an agnostic.
See agnostics are the problem. And Lesbians. And Gays. And Crossdressers. Yeah. See It's really all their fault.

11-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #230
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My apologies Ratlady.....

I read your reply and send my most sincere apology.
"Oh, and speaking of such things, Rupert. No, your abusive sexual references to my person are neither welcome nor funny."

Now, let me tell you what I find neither welcome or funny. Your constant and unrelenting attack on Christians and conservatives as if they have dedicated their entire lives to the destruction of Gays, Lesbians, an those other Transvestite thingys. The fact is, I seldom hear anything at all concerning this group of people, other than from you here where you manage to bring it into almost every post in every thread no matter how irrelevant it is to the subject matter at hand. To your shock, you might find that in a conservative state like Texas most people, of any political or religious inclination, don't give a rat's hiney about your or anyone else's sexual orientation within the law. To hear you constantly harp away here one would think that those "Death Panels" were out there hunting for Gays and Lesbians non stop.......when in reality very few are concerned about your or anyone else's sexual orientation. Most here know this I am quite certain, and also have little interest in seeing you constantly play out the persecuted soul, when in fact it is nothing more than a myth of your own making here in cyberspace.
If there is any complaint here it should be at your emphatic and continual reference to Christians and conservatives as the cause of your misery and the injustices of the world. It just isn't so, and if anyone here spent as much time bashing Gays and Lesbians and such as you do Christians and conservatives, then they would no longer be with us. You wan to live on a one way street....your street, the way you want it. No, I don't find that funny at all, and neither do I find it welcome.
Regards
Rupert
11-10-2009, 03:44 PM   #231
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I read your reply and send my most sincere apology.
"Oh, and speaking of such things, Rupert. No, your abusive sexual references to my person are neither welcome nor funny."

Now, let me tell you what I find neither welcome or funny. Your constant and unrelenting attack on Christians and conservatives as if they have dedicated their entire lives to the destruction of Gays, Lesbians, an those other Transvestite thingys. The fact is, I seldom hear anything at all concerning this group of people, other than from you here where you manage to bring it into almost every post in every thread no matter how irrelevant it is to the subject matter at hand. To your shock, you might find that in a conservative state like Texas most people, of any political or religious inclination, don't give a rat's hiney about your or anyone else's sexual orientation within the law. To hear you constantly harp away here one would think that those "Death Panels" were out there hunting for Gays and Lesbians non stop.......when in reality very few are concerned about your or anyone else's sexual orientation. Most here know this I am quite certain, and also have little interest in seeing you constantly play out the persecuted soul, when in fact it is nothing more than a myth of your own making here in cyberspace.
If there is any complaint here it should be at your emphatic and continual reference to Christians and conservatives as the cause of your misery and the injustices of the world. It just isn't so, and if anyone here spent as much time bashing Gays and Lesbians and such as you do Christians and conservatives, then they would no longer be with us. You wan to live on a one way street....your street, the way you want it. No, I don't find that funny at all, and neither do I find it welcome.
Regards
Rupert
Rupert, when people are constantly using that religion to claim it's OK to mock and disenfranchise people in their own country, (or call them *things*) while applying the utterly opposite standards to other people... it's not "bashing" your religion. It's pointing out that *your* bashings in its name are hypocritical.

You claim that when I talk about civil justice, I'm talking about 'sex' and should shut up, and then you come saying these misogynist and sexually-abusive things as though you had every right to use them to claim special status for straight people and Christians under the law.

In fact, denying that the bigotry exists. Or claim that it's just as bad to criticize your positions on *my* life (whether you care about it or consider me a 'thing' or not) ...as it is for others to demonize LBGT people and others to the point that real violence and injustice is something that *does happen.* Does have us living our lives in a certain amount of fear.

I lived in Texas. Where the cops decided to celebrate Stonewall by re-enacting it by violently raiding a gay club on about no evidence. A similar thing just happened in Atlanta.

You're constantly claiming 'religion wants this, religion wants that,' (meaning, of course, your own take on yours: others' don't count except as 'bad guys,') and then when someone calls you on what you say about others, and want to do in public policy and society with your sense of entitlement to dictate to others in personal matters, (whether you "give a rat's hiney" about such people or not) ....You whine, "Don't bring my religion (That I use to claim entitlement to an unquestionable position, no matter how disingenuous or false) into this!"

You don't bat an eyelash when someone speaks of doing great brutality in *your* name, while you try to indict an entire people of another one for the exact same kind of 'lukewarm' response. Instead you blame the one who points out what you're doing. Or call all liberals 'Fascist Commies.'

You stand there and just try to claim that the brutalities your own religious politics actually advocate a) don't happen, and b) are the victims' own fault for their 'attitude' about it.

These are your 'conservative values?' You can't even behave as gentlemen.

You seem to have some pretty funny ideas about values.

I mean, at least you apologized, which is actually pretty darn near unprecedented from the self-righteous here. But then you just turn around and call me a 'thing.' ("Against all goodness and decency? What decency would that be, here?" ) And start right in again with claiming I say these things out of 'some irrational hatred for Christianity.'

When you're basically standing right there as others whose side you take... Bay for blood, torture, and suffering. Scapegoat all non-Christians. After all, you're righteous, right?

That's Christian?

Interesting.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 11-10-2009 at 03:55 PM.
11-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #232
Veteran Member

Here we go again... Not long from now will be a post from Gary shutting the romper room down.

11-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #233
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Das Boot Quote
Here we go again... Not long from now will be a post from Gary shutting the romper room down.
Romper Room was great. It jumped the shark when it became Romper Room and Friends, though.
11-10-2009, 04:15 PM   #234
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by flippedgazelle Quote
Romper Room was great. It jumped the shark when it became Romper Room and Friends, though.
Oh, it was OK, but I always went for the more sophisticated, highbrow shows like Captain Kangaroo.
11-10-2009, 04:18 PM   #235
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Oh, it was OK, but I always went for the more sophisticated, highbrow shows like Captain Kangaroo.
HR Puff & Stuff is where it was at. That witch on there had the coolest, fastest broom that ever was. Only the Mad Hatter's hat could compete!
11-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #236
Veteran Member

For some reason, I liked the Banana Splits.

And Captain... What was his name... He did painting instruction of some kind and threw in a lot of educational stuff on PBS. Had some North Shore nautical thing going on. I don't think he was very famous.
11-10-2009, 04:23 PM   #237
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

For some reason, I liked the Banana Splits.
There is no way in hell I'm taking the bait and commenting on that one!
11-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #238
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
There is no way in hell I'm taking the bait and commenting on that one!
You know, I don't think anyone would sincerely accuse me of having no sense of humor, but I have a feeling that's 'one of those.' ie. Something I just don't get.
11-10-2009, 04:32 PM   #239
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Das Boot Quote
Maybe because we have the same initials we have a psychic link.

Another day, another thread, this one is closed.
Closed Thread