Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What do Pentaxians really do for a living?

Alright you guys, what do you guys do for a living?

Right now I just hit twenty in October and I'm still going to college, I am hoping to get my BA when I am twenty four. I was going to major in business administration, but as of right now I am clueless. So I am just going to get my AA first then hopefully I'll figure things out by the time I go for my BA.

11-06-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.
At the moment, I'm a stay at home father. With the birth of our second son three months ago, we decided that it would be better for us as a family if one of us raised our kids as opposed to paying someone to do it for us. My wife makes more than I do so I became the mom. I use to manage a warehouse now I just work part-time (2 days/20 hours a week). Eventually the newborn will go into daycare for socialization.
11-06-2009, 12:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I'm a writer/editor/sometime photographer at a luxury real estate magazine tied to a major auction house. Basically I write about really, really, really nice houses all day. (And post on pentaxforums.)
11-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

After being a journeyman cook, a photo lab manager a camera sales rep, and a general building contractor, I now find myself slinging lumber at my local Home Depot, and I am having the time of my life doing it.

11-06-2009, 12:41 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am a biologist for the Dutch ministry of defence. Just a classical one, a cliché biologist, one that works in wild nature, yes.
11-06-2009, 12:42 PM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry to hijack, but this has been asked here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-talk/267-were-you-what-do-you-do.html

Suppose this gives those who didn't respond then to chime in now...
11-06-2009, 12:43 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm just an all-around useful guy.

Right now, I'm working as a contractor overseeing the de-contenting of houses that are for sale; also for rudimentary repairs and landscaping.

My "professional" careers involve computer repair, IT monkey and project/logistics management.

11-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #8
Banned

Software Engineer, developing software for drive testing cellular networks. Basically an automated 'can you hear me now'. I work on the interface between the phones and scanning receivers and our hardware. Fun stuff.
11-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #9
graphicgr8s

I am a full time father. But to pay the bills I go to a place where they say I am a graphic designer, a bookkeeper and a pressman when necessary. Up until I stopped answering my phone other people said I was a photographer and they wanted to give me lots of money for it. Some people have said I am a chef. Others have called me and wanted to give money to fix computers. One guy wanted me to design a certain type of engine for his company.

Me. I still say my full time job is a daddy.
11-06-2009, 01:03 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Just graduated from college, now a radar/processing engineer.

Last edited by Eruditass; 11-06-2009 at 03:06 PM.
11-06-2009, 01:09 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Sorry to hijack, but this has been asked here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-talk/267-were-you-what-do-you-do.html

Ash, I went through that thread and the latest entry is almost two years old. The majority of the people that had posted I have never seen here. I checked one guy that said he lived in a neighboring town and sure enough he's still posting. I guess I need to venture off into other areas and maybe actually talk about taking pictures.
11-06-2009, 01:29 PM   #12
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Das Boot Quote
Ash, I went through that thread and the latest entry is almost two years old. The majority of the people that had posted I have never seen here. I checked one guy that said he lived in a neighboring town and sure enough he's still posting. I guess I need to venture off into other areas and maybe actually talk about taking pictures.
I remember posting on that thread like it was yesterday. Gee, have I been on PF that long already? I need to get me a job...
11-06-2009, 01:43 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote

It's also is a good opportunity for those of us whose job description keeps changing to do an update!

I finally finished my PhD, so now I'm in the ghastly post-PhD limbo of looking for a postdoc or (gasp!) a real job. At the moment, I'm teaching a university course, and having a lot of fun doing it. Also getting something nice to put on my CV! Unfortunately that ends in December, so then I'll be writing up papers, applying for jobs, and cross-country skiing every chance I get!

Julie
11-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Das Boot Quote
Heheh. Well, it doesn't help that your sigs are generally longer than your posts, there. We're an unlikely bunch brought together by a camera system. May as well at least have that.
11-06-2009, 02:56 PM   #15
BPT
Veteran Member

I does seem like only a few months ago I answered this, though I am known to be certifiably insane.

I am a civil/structural engineer primarily consult to heavy industry with a smattering of residential work.
Closed Thread