Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Does RML's posts make any sense to you?
Yes. RML makes perfect sense to me. What's all this fuss about? 1545.45%
No. RML's rants give me little insight into what she's arguing about. 1133.33%
I don't read RML's posts / RML is on my ignore list / Who's RML? 721.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #1
Community Manager

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do RML's posts make sense to you?

RML, this is just for fun - please don't take offense.
Mods, also, if you feel this humour is out of line - please advise and I shall oblige accordingly.

Now with that disclaimer out of the way, what say you?

Does Ratmagiclady bring an overwhelming sense of understanding to the discussions that she features on, or are you confused by the considerable bantering that doesn't show head or tail of any point she tries to make?

If you wish to elaborate on your chosen option, please feel free to do so.

If anyone has a suggestion for the poll options, including you RML, please share it.

Last edited by Ash; 11-08-2009 at 08:56 PM.
11-08-2009, 08:55 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
1st!

11-08-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
Veteran Member

No good can come from a poll such as this, but I'll state my opinion anyway. It's only due to my lacking in command of the English language that some posts go over my head, but they are certainly well conceived and intelligent. I suspect that some here choose not to understand RML's posts because of the political viewpoint involved. That said, I read every one even if I miss the intent sometimes. I do hope RML continues.

Larry
11-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
Ash
Community Manager

Original Poster
flipped, you're just gifted.

Understood Larry. Good isn't expected to come out of it - it wasn't meant to be a serious poll. But your comment is accepted anyway. I also don't have a great vocabulary (English is my second language), and RML comes up with some words I do have to look up.

Even still, I find myself wanting to contribute to discussions only to be lost for words by the perplexing eloquence of her responses... it might just be me...

11-08-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
flipped, you're just gifted.
Not gifted, Ash. Optimistic, and always hopeful that hilarity will ensue!
11-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ash - I gotta go with choice D none of the above. Rat is intelligent and most of the time I get the point of her posts ( hope that's not cause of those mushrooms I ate back in the 70's). Somtimes I even agree with some of those points. Don't think anyone here can say that RML's veiws aren't uniquely interesting .
11-08-2009, 09:56 PM   #7
Ash
Community Manager

Original Poster
Agree on both counts Ken.
11-08-2009, 10:10 PM   #8
Veteran Member

And to be fair, there are others here who's posts, while shorter and less colorful, make very little sense either. It's all about perception, beliefs and how one views the world, I suppose. I never would have thought the day would come that I needed a copy of the Webster's Dictionary at my side while visting an online forum. This is not a bad thing though.

Larry

11-08-2009, 10:27 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter

I just posted this earlier in another thread, it pretty well sums up my feelings.

"I thiink this has played out for me here......just the same old, same old....in a circle. I have learned .....not much. One thing that I can take away from this thread is that if I ever have to decide on having a hole drilled in my head and an electric mixer inserted to scramble my brain, or spend 10-12 hours on a flight sitting next to the Ratlady....bring on the mixer, same result...just faster.

Regards
Rupert
11-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Georgia Clay

Ash: Funny, yes, but a hint of heat behind the question. Didn't vote due to a dual personality problem.

On the photo threads or making photo comments RML is intelligent and helpful (unless she has decided one is a poseur).

On the political threads . . . .

Well, I've tried to stop reading them because rational discourse doesn't work. I THINK she really, really laments that George Bush couldn't serve a third term, but I just can't be sure because of all the circular logic and bantering.
11-08-2009, 10:38 PM   #11
Ash
Community Manager

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by larryinlc Quote
And to be fair, there are others here who's posts, while shorter and less colorful, make very little sense either. It's all about perception, beliefs and how one views the world, I suppose. I never would have thought the day would come that I needed a copy of the Webster's Dictionary at my side while visting an online forum. This is not a bad thing though.

Larry
English class at home!
11-08-2009, 10:41 PM   #12
Veteran Member

you're all idiots.
11-08-2009, 10:50 PM   #13
Damn Brit

I have to admit, I basically agree with a lot of what RML says (I think) but a lot of the time her way of putting it across doesn't make sense to me and I wish it did.
11-08-2009, 10:52 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not sure if its really OK to single someone out like this, even if it is just for fun.

Personally, I enjoy her posts. I like that her writing style is non convensional. It carries a certain poetic grace. Kind of like watching waves. Never the same twice, not predictable, but gentle and understandable and sometimes stormy. Very stream of consiousness.

Life would be really boring if we all spoke, walked and danced the same.
11-08-2009, 11:06 PM   #15
Ash
Community Manager

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
you're all idiots.
That must be it, Goosh!
I should add that to one of the options...
Closed Thread