Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2009, 09:47 PM   #61
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Das Boot Quote
Exactly! I'm beginning to think it's time for me to figure out a way to return a little rape to the system.
thats another issue, scum bags that live off legal loopholes in systems created with the intent for providing help to those that really need it.

[not that i'm calling you a scum bag, the fact that you havent raped the system yet means you're not that type of person]

11-11-2009, 10:09 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Science News

A major research institution has just announced the discovery of the densest element yet known to science. The new element has been named "Pelosium". Pelosium has one neutron, and about 257 deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of roughly 258. These particles are held together by dark forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of leech-like particles called peons. The symbol for Pelosium is "PU". Pelosium's mass actually increases over time, as morons randomly interact with various elements in the atmosphere and become assistant deputy neutrons in a Pelosium molecule, forming what is referred to as isodopes.

This characteristic of moron-promotion leads some scientists to believe that Pelosium is formed whenever morons reach a certain quantity in concentration. This hypothetical quantity as "Critical Morass". When catalyzed with welfarium, Pelosium activates Cnnnewsium, an element that radiates orders of magnitude more energy, albeit as incoherent noise, since it has millions of peons, some of them dead and decaying, bonded together by untold numbers of morons.

OK, be honest. I made even you Libs smile with that one, didn't I?
That's funny as hell.
11-12-2009, 08:42 AM   #63
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
About two months ago an eighty foot oak fell on and in my house. I called my insurance company and a tree company. As the men were working to get the tree out of the roof, I got to talking to the owner. He was telling me about tarping roofs. He said that after Katrina went through New Orleans there was nothing but men putting tarps on roofs and that the government was paying them $21 a square foot to do it. Now follow my logic - After the company removed the tree from my house, I went to the hardware store and bought a 12' x 12' tarp and a small box of roofing nails for $17.00. It took me about an hour to secure it to the roof. The same job in the wake of Katrina cost tax payers over $3,000. Same tarp, same nails, same amount of time... WTF? $2983 for labor? I thought rape was illegal.

On the topic of suburbia, I'm hip deep in it. Both my wife and I live less than a 5 minutes drive to work. We have a house on an acre of land with a creek running through the backyard. Trees block our view of our neighbors' houses... It's very private. I love it. I would never trade it for a crowded concrete jungle. And no, I don't think the American Dream is dead... not yet at least.
I had a large maple tree fall on my roof about 3 years ago. I kind of got jerked around by the insurance company and after 2 weeks cut it up myself. I had to replace a 12 X 20 ft. section of metal roofing, a roll of tar paper, and a piece of plywood which I did the following weekend for less than $400. My deductible was $500. I heated the house with the tree that winter.
11-13-2009, 10:33 AM   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
well we cant very well shoot these people can we?
No but if it wasn't so easy for them to live so comfortably as irresponsible bums , they might figure out how to do something for a living besides working the system.

Last edited by seacapt; 11-13-2009 at 11:58 AM.
11-13-2009, 11:54 AM   #65
Veteran Member

The biggest difference between section 8 and regular tenants is the amount of time he spends in court evicting people that can't afford $12 a month for rent... The sad thing is, I've helped him remove people's possessions before and usually it's really nice stuff just tossed to the road side. One time a tenant came walking up while we were doing it and he asked him - Why didn't you just call me, we could have worked something out. Ehh, it's no big thing, I found another place to stay. It's a completely different mentality.
Yup They deserve government subsidized "emergency " housing. They can have blackberries intead of basic phones. Cable TV -yup everyone deserves that.
I'm all for helping out the familly that fell into hard times but most refuse to even attempt to get themselves back on their own feet again. The worst part is the set of values or lack there of that the kids are being taught. This is a self perpetuating nightmare.

Last edited by seacapt; 11-13-2009 at 11:59 AM.
11-13-2009, 02:18 PM   #66
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
Yup They deserve government subsidized "emergency " housing. They can have blackberries intead of basic phones. Cable TV -yup everyone deserves that.
I'm all for helping out the familly that fell into hard times but most refuse to even attempt to get themselves back on their own feet again. The worst part is the set of values or lack there of that the kids are being taught. This is a self perpetuating nightmare.
Why should they even try? They have socialized programs to pay for it all. And just think we might soon have socialize medicine. We won't have any corruption like this going on with the Big O's plan now will we?

I am signing my house over to someone else. Selling all my stuff, going on welfare than getting it all back on the government's dime.
11-13-2009, 03:24 PM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Why should they even try? They have socialized programs to pay for it all. And just think we might soon have socialize medicine. We won't have any corruption like this going on with the Big O's plan now will we?

Folks that qualify for emergency housing allready have medicaid in place so probably wont gain or loose a thing.
I'm really not sure how I feel about federally sponsored insurance .
Just something to consider- Fl has very reasonable health insurance rates due to state regulations as do NY and several other states but I had to drop insurance when my monthly BC/BS premium went over $1,600 here in NC . Im sure there are other states with simillar situations. Employers are dropping insurance bennifits daily. The working class guy has some tough choices with regards to healthcare.

11-13-2009, 06:05 PM   #68
Veteran Member

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day,
Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime....

Teach a man to work the system and he'll eat, have shelter, iPhone, nice clothes, nice car, health care, utilities paid for, spending money, cable tv, 60" plasma... all while "looking for a job"
11-13-2009, 06:19 PM   #69
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
The working class guy has some tough choices with regards to healthcare.
Honestly, if I could get a catastrophe only policy, I'd sign up today. The amount spent of premiums vs the amount spent in a usual year for doctors visits - paying out of pocket for the visits would win hands down. HMOs can"t offer policies that don"t include accupuncture, fertility clinics, chiropractic vistis, you name it. They can't just offer a policy that says you're responsible for doctor visits and if something shitty happens we got your back. It would probably be affordable again.
11-13-2009, 08:56 PM   #70
graphicgr8s

Honestly, if I could get a catastrophe only policy, I'd sign up today. The amount spent of premiums vs the amount spent in a usual year for doctors visits - paying out of pocket for the visits would win hands down. HMOs can"t offer policies that don"t include accupuncture, fertility clinics, chiropractic vistis, you name it. They can't just offer a policy that says you're responsible for doctor visits and if something shitty happens we got your back. It would probably be affordable again.
But it use to be that you COULD buy catastrophic insurance.
11-14-2009, 07:47 AM   #71
Veteran Member

Other than catastrophic insurance, another way to save would be allowing to doctors to do what they've been taught. I don't think testing for every possiblity in a differential diagnosis is very cost effective. A headache may simply be ... a headache. I don't think rushing in for an MRI is warranted unless other significant signs exsist. It's become diagnosis by fear. By fear of being sued.
11-14-2009, 12:08 PM   #72
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Stop paying the extortionate prices they charge for tickets and watch the games on the tv. The people who pay for the tickets are unwittingly sanctioning the spending of that public money. In effect, they are paying twice, maybe three times because I'm sure they watch the replays at home to catch the minute or so that they missed while they were choking on a hot dog.
QuoteOriginally posted by flippedgazelle Quote
I agree with what you're saying here.

Of course, you're paying for the TV channel, too.
Stop watching on TV - and stop subscribing to the package that includes the Yankees broadcasts.