Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2009, 11:54 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Oscar1 Quote
Is that a self portrait?
No, Oscar, i'm calling you a dumb ass racist, but i guess subtle sarcasm didnt work.

11-12-2009, 11:58 AM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
No, Oscar, i'm calling you a dumb ass racist, but i guess subtle sarcasm didnt work.
Wow, "a dumbass racist". I'm honored.

Since you've decided to point your finger at me, don't forget that when you do, three of them are pointing back at yourself.

However, you're a typical left wingnut. I simply stated an opinion and you replied with a personal attack.

You and I will get along just fine. You'll post your crap and I'll just laugh at you.
11-12-2009, 12:00 PM   #18
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
For what its worth, Oscar1, I wasn't being sarcastic.
11-12-2009, 12:00 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster

Since you've decided to point your finger at me, don't forget that when you do, three of them are pointing back at yourself.
so you are calling me a thrice racist?

11-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #20
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

That's just Gooshin's way of saying hello. I'm sure he didn't mean it in the pejorative.
11-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #21
Inactive Account

so you are calling me a thrice racist?
Dang! Maybe you don't catch on as quickly as I first thought.
11-12-2009, 12:05 PM   #22
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
For what its worth, Oscar1, I wasn't being sarcastic.
I knew that! Thanks.

Nice to meet you as well.

11-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter

so you're saying that him being muslim had as much to do with him killing a bunch of people as him being wacko?
Or is he saying that if you are a Muslim you are automatically a wacko?
11-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #24
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Or is he saying that if you are a Muslim you are automatically a wacko?

Hmmmm ... You could interpret it that way!
11-12-2009, 12:26 PM   #25
Damn Brit

The fact the he took the lives of 13 of his fellow soldiers, and wounded many more, is mostly what I'm pissed about.

That he is both a muslim and a whacko tells the rest of the story.
So get pissed about it in the Ft. Hood threads then.
11-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #26
Inactive Account

I'm trying to be PC here.

Which is correct, is Nadal a wacko muslim or a muslim wacko? Can someone e mail his Imam? The muslims here have paraphrased him as a wacko. Maybe his Imam would call him normal or even exceptional. Wait, I think one already has.

I don't think muslims are a race, well maybe soon if the spinners get more time with it.
11-12-2009, 12:56 PM   #27
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Phil1 Quote
I'm trying to be PC here.

Which is correct, is Nadal a wacko muslim or a muslim wacko? Can someone e mail his Imam? The muslims here have paraphrased him as a wacko. Maybe his Imam would call him normal or even exceptional. Wait, I think one already has.

I don't think muslims are a race, well maybe soon if the spinners get more time with it.
I was hoping that someone would point out that Muslim is not a race so I wouldn't have to yet again.
As for the PC issue, neither is politically correct. The politically correct term would be: "Oppressed overzealous follower of the peaceful religion of Islam".
11-12-2009, 01:06 PM   #28
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
The religion really has nothing to do with it. The "radical muslim" is a cultural phenomenon. The religion is used as a means to indoctrinate and to push a certain political or cultural agenda (terrorism etc). The actual religion, when practiced traditionally, is very similar to the other major world religions.

On a side note, no christian can make a blanket statement saying all muslims are radical. Do you realize how many radical christians there have been over the years and how much blood they have spilt?

Hasan was a mental case. His religion was his oasis and he used the cultural radical element of that religion to cover up and supplant his personal inadequacies. He was a 39 year old lonely single man with zero social contact... his religion didn't make him do this his tiny **** did.
11-12-2009, 01:24 PM   #29
Inactive Account

I think wacko would not be correct. He was an well educated Army officer in the medical field. His actions were well thought out and premeditated. Past contact with a labeled terrorist Imam in a foriegn country indicates advance religious thinking and planning. All his actions seem to bear that out. How about exceptional muslim if muslim terrorist is not PC? Wait, muslim terrorist does say it correctly.
11-12-2009, 01:26 PM   #30

QuoteOriginally posted by mtags24 Quote
The religion really has nothing to do with it. The "radical muslim" is a cultural phenomenon. The religion is used as a means to indoctrinate and to push a certain political or cultural agenda (terrorism etc). The actual religion, when practiced traditionally, is very similar to the other major world religions.

On a side note, no christian can make a blanket statement saying all muslims are radical. Do you realize how many radical christians there have been over the years and how much blood they have spilt?

Hasan was a mental case. His religion was his oasis and he used the cultural radical element of that religion to cover up and supplant his personal inadequacies. He was a 39 year old lonely single man with zero social contact... his religion didn't make him do this his tiny **** did.
Well thanks for pointing these bits out, the media doesn't highlight the religion when a non-Muslim (Christian/Jew/Buddhist/Hindu) White/Black/Yellow/Brown wacko kills students in a University, or a school, or just random people in a shopping mall, or even their two-months old daughter for being nasty with the remote, but God Forbid, if the person happens to be a Muslim AND a wacko, then everything must be attributed to the fact that he was a Muslim and/or he had met/emailed/talked to some Muslims x number of times x months ago.

father kills infant - Google News Archive Search
muslim father kills - Google News Archive Search
Christian father kills - Google Search

The exact phrase "Muslim father kills" gives you 77,500 results, several news agencies and TV channels use this phrase:
"Muslim father kills" - Google Search
The exact phrase "Christian father kills" gives you 8 results (single digit: eight only), no news agencies use this phrase, only some blogs or forum posts:
"Christian father kills" - Google Search
Closed Thread