Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2009, 09:04 AM   #1
Veteran Member

today is bullshit news day

i open the paper today and get nothing but retarded crap.

check this out

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/724659--how-a-halloween-getup-went-badly-wrong?bn=1

a 4 white guys and 1 trini guy dress up as the Jamaican bobsled team as depicted in Cool Runnings, only reversing the races by use of makeup.

This causes a reaction from the black student association at one of our universities here, requesting "an apology"..

i want to meet these people and ask them to their face if they seriously feel "offended", i just think they want to stir the pot and play the race card because nothing worthwhile has happened as of late thats race related.

then you have this blurb..

"Halloween is exuberantly tasteless, which usually slides until there's an accusation of racism. Target, Walgreen and eBay pulled an "illegal alien" costume from the shelves this year, after an immigrants' rights group objected to the alien mask attached to a bright orange prisoner's jumpsuit. The blog Angry Asian Man does an annual roundup of offensive gear, such as an exaggerated rubber face mask dubbed Fee Ling You."

*BIG FACE PALM

11-12-2009, 09:11 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Beware! The pumpkins are really pissed about Holloween too.
11-12-2009, 09:12 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
eBay has shelves?
11-12-2009, 09:21 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Gooshin ... What do you expect? You are in Canada! Land of the ultra-politically-correct and the easily offended...

Pat

11-12-2009, 09:25 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote
Gooshin ... What do you expect? You are in Canada! Land of the ultra-politically-correct and the easily offended...

Pat
Pat, politically correct is when you refer to a neighborhood that is 90% black with low incomes as a "low income neighborhood" rather than a "poverty neighborhood" or even "a black neighborhood"

what they did in the article is just stupid.
11-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Along the line of the same reason the "Muslim" whacko Major didn't get drummed out of the US Army. They were afraid of being accused of a racist act and left him in. The rest is history.

He said that he felt the US had declared war on Muslims. So what if the US has. Seems to the that the Muslim world has declared war on the West and the US in particular.

If this offends anyone, I am truly sor.......... Actually, I couldn't care less if it offends anyone.
11-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Oscar1 Quote
Along the line of the same reason the "Muslim" whacko Major didn't get drummed out of the US Army. They were afraid of being accused of a racist act and left him in. The rest is history.

He said that he felt the US had declared war on Muslims. So what if the US has. Seems to the that the Muslim world has declared war on the West and the US in particular.

If this offends anyone, I am truly sor.......... Actually, I couldn't care less if it offends anyone.
And why should anyone care about what you care less about? Vicious cycle.

Jas

11-12-2009, 10:05 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Along the line of the same reason the "Muslim" whacko Major didn't get drummed out of the US Army.
Wait...what are you pissed about? The fact he was a Muslim or a whacko?
11-12-2009, 10:17 AM   #9
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

Welcome to the forum, Oscar1. You and I are going to get along great!
11-12-2009, 10:20 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Unfortunately, nowaday, there will aways be a Special Interest Group that will find something offensive in everything you say or do. It will come to a point where it will be an insult to say "hello" to somebody.
11-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #11
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
Wait...what are you pissed about? The fact he was a Muslim or a whacko?
The fact the he took the lives of 13 of his fellow soldiers, and wounded many more, is mostly what I'm pissed about.

That he is both a muslim and a whacko tells the rest of the story.
11-12-2009, 11:39 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The fact the he took the lives of 13 of his fellow soldiers, and wounded many more, is mostly what I'm pissed about.

That he is both a muslim and a whacko tells the rest of the story.
so you're saying that him being muslim had as much to do with him killing a bunch of people as him being wacko?
11-12-2009, 11:45 AM   #13
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
so you're saying that him being muslim had as much to do with him killing a bunch of people as him being wacko?

You catch on pretty quickly!
11-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You catch on pretty quickly!
Welcome to the forums Oscar! You're going to love it here, nothing but ignorant white folk around these parts, yep yep.. :ugh:
11-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #15
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
Welcome to the forums Oscar! You're going to love it here, nothing but ignorant white folk around these parts, yep yep.. :ugh:
Is that a self portrait?
Closed Thread