Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2009, 09:44 AM   #1
Veteran Member

lets throw some religion in the mix

article:

Invite from Rome 'offensive,' says Anglican bishop - thestar.com

its been 2000 years and you guys still cant figure stuff out?

"The Network left the Anglican Church of Canada last year to join the conservative Anglican Church in North America in a dispute over liberal versus conservative interpretations of the Bible that came to a head over gay marriage and clergy."

WOW, get over yourselves, go paint a fence or something. Why are they still interpreting it, the rest of the world has come to terms with Homosexuality, why cant you?

i love this little bit

"mainstream Anglicanism."

ohh and get this... to me this seems like a MAC vs PC debate..

"He would not switch, however, if it meant agreeing to Catholic tenets of the infallibility of the pope, the role of the Virgin Mary and transubstantiation, or the Catholic belief that the bread and wine of communion become the body and blood of Jesus."

Last edited by Unregistered User 8; 06-27-2017 at 03:50 AM. Reason: remove swearing
11-12-2009, 11:04 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ah, Rome always seems to manage to offend just about everybody, trust me.

I think that both Protestants and Catholics are basically splitting down lines of political ideology: the political polarization of religion is bound to produce some reshuffling. The Pope's taking a hard line on things, basically headed to the Right, and the Anglican church is splitting between the more political/missionary types mostly over stuff related to sexuality, while it appears that the *theological* divisions between the mainstream Anglicans and average Catholics seem to be softening, as regards things like transubstantiation and Mary and the saints and all.

Two separate authority structures, though. Not sure how they'd intend to work that out on any kind of official basis.
11-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #3
Inactive Account

What would Henry The VIII have to say?
11-12-2009, 11:34 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Phil1 Quote
'Sorry about all the fuss, I was just tired of the Church in my government and bedroom?'

11-12-2009, 12:13 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Phil1 Quote
"Off with their heads"

Or words like that.
11-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #6
Damn Brit

The Pope should sell the Vatican and use the money to end poverty.

Not my idea unfortunately but it's really sexy.
11-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
The Pope should sell the Vatican and use the money to end poverty.

Not my idea unfortunately but it's really sexy.
sell it, sell to who?

11-12-2009, 01:07 PM   #8
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
sell it, sell to who?
The Saudis, it might look nice with a few minarets.
11-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #9
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
OK, just so the Muslims wont take all of the heat:

A Jewish mother went to her Rabi and said "I understand that you have a test you can give children that will predict what they will do for a profession in life".
The Rabi said that the test didn't predict what actual job it would be but it would tell them what general path would be taken. He told her to bring her son by at 3:00 and he would have it set up.
They sent the boy into a room that had nothing in it except for a table with a Bible, a ten dollar bill and a glass of wine on it. While they looked through the window the Rabi explained that if he took the money he would likely be a businessman, if he read the bible, he would be a scholar or teacher, and if he drank the wine he would be a professional; doctor, lawyer, councilor, etc.
The boy looked at the table and very casually put the ten dollar bill in his pocket, drank the wine, and sat down to read the bible.
The Rabi turned white as a ghost and said "Oh my God! He's going to be a Catholic Priest!
11-13-2009, 12:11 PM   #10
Veteran Member

sell it, sell to who?
Hey, I know some folks representing who that land was taken from, but I'm afraid it's not in the budget.
11-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
sell it, sell to who?
Hugh Hefner of course. Now, I don't know if it's true, but apparently the Vatican invests quite a bit of money, and one of it's most profitable investments is in a condom manufacturer. Go figure.
11-13-2009, 03:56 PM   #12
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
Hugh Hefner of course. Now, I don't know if it's true, but apparently the Vatican invests quite a bit of money, and one of it's most profitable investments is in a condom manufacturer. Go figure.
Yeah, the teat on the end is in the shape of a mitre (for extra penetration) and they all have holes in.