Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2009, 06:16 PM   #1
Veteran Member

2nd amendment

I need help with an essay.

I need to explain and clarify these 3 points for the 2nd amendment (the right to bear arms)

Why it was a key issue when it was added to the constitution

How the courts have interpreted the extent of the right

The current issues we face today

If you have any sources or anything from the news please post them.

11-16-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
graphicgr8s

Cody you want help or you want us to do it for you? You know there is this thing called "Google"
11-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I said I needed help with it because I haven't been able to get enough information on my own.
11-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #4
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
I said I needed help with it because I haven't been able to get enough information on my own.
Google: why was the second amendment added to the constitution

11-16-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I already did that.

I can't find any real information about why it was needed at the time.
11-16-2009, 07:11 PM   #6
graphicgr8s

The history of the Second Amendment indicates that its purposes were to secure to each individual the right to keep and bear arms so that he could protect his absolute individual rights as well as carry out his obligation to assist in the common defense. It is evident that the framers of the Constitution did not intend to limit the right to keep and bear arms to a formal military body or organized militia, but intended to provide for an "unorganized" armed citizenry prepared to assist in the common defense against a foreign invader or a domestic tyrant. This concept of an unorganized, armed citizenry clearly recognized the right, and moreover the duty, to keep and bear arms in an individual capacity.
11-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #7
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Enough? Second Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

11-16-2009, 09:05 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Do you or did you actually attend classes?

Jason
11-16-2009, 09:15 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I've been reading that, and it's not helping.

Thanks graphics, that helps.
11-16-2009, 09:34 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Shit, since we're on it.

Hi! I'm lithos. I need a fifteen-thousand word essay, fully research, on ontological empiricism. It's due tomorrow, I've had eight months to do it, and it's due tomorrow.

It's for my Phd thesis, and while there's no absolutely no obligation or reward in it for you, I really hope you can help.

Second, sweeten these ingenuous idio- er, nice people up.

It's just that you guys all seem so smart, and nice, and I just knew I'd get some great help from you. You guys know what you're on about. I know if there's anywhere I can go on the internet to knock off a fifteen-thousand word essay, it's here.

Now that you've thoroughly brown-nosed, you can start with the petulant demands. It's like these bastards owe you this!

Oh, by the way, full Harvard referencing. You'll need at least one hundred separate sources, verifiable sources. No, wikipedia doesn't count; in fact, NO internet sources, full stop. I need the spelling to be in Australian English - that means "colour" not "color," "centre" not "center," and metric units, not US. I'm not going check through all fifteen thousand words, so don't screw up. It's to be double-spaced and in standard Times New Roman font, 12 points for main text. 24 for subheadings, 36 for the main heading. If you're not sure about spelling or grammar, BUY A DICTIONARY. Don't just wing it. None of you suckers are doing a Phd thesis on ontological empiricism, so none of you are smart enough to know grammar and spelling inside out.

All in all, you should feel extraordinarily grateful I lowered myself to allow you do this Herculean, task in my name with nothing to gain and a lot to lose on your part, and I am grudgingly allowing you the privilege of letting me slap my name on your hard work and passing it off on my own.

Remember, I need it by 8:30AM Eastern Australian DST. I'm going down the pub tonight to catch this local band, but I'll be checking up on you when I get back around 11:30. I expect a full progress report.

Thanks,

Lithos.
11-17-2009, 07:27 AM   #11
graphicgr8s

Easy Lithos.
11-17-2009, 08:03 AM   #12
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
Shit, since we're on it.

Hi! I'm lithos. I need a fifteen-thousand word essay, fully research, on ontological empiricism. It's due tomorrow, I've had eight months to do it, and it's due tomorrow.

It's for my Phd thesis, and while there's no absolutely no obligation or reward in it for you, I really hope you can help.

............................................Oh, by the way, full Harvard referencing. You'll need at least one hundred separate sources, verifiable sources. No, wikipedia doesn't count; in fact, NO internet sources, full stop. I need the spelling to be in Australian English - that means "colour" not "color," "centre" not "center," and metric units, not US. I'm not going check through all fifteen thousand words, so don't screw up. It's to be double-spaced and in standard Times New Roman font, 12 points for main text. 24 for subheadings, 36 for the main heading. If you're not sure about spelling or grammar, BUY A DICTIONARY. Don't just wing it. None of you suckers are doing a Phd thesis on ontological empiricism, so none of you are smart enough to know grammar and spelling inside out.

All in all, you should feel extraordinarily grateful I lowered myself to allow you do this Herculean, task in my name with nothing to gain and a lot to lose on your part, and I am grudgingly allowing you the privilege of letting me slap my name on your hard work and passing it off on my own.

Remember, I need it by 8:30AM Eastern Australian DST. I'm going down the pub tonight to catch this local band, but I'll be checking up on you when I get back around 11:30. I expect a full progress report.

Thanks,

Lithos.
I'll get right on it lithos, just as soon as I finish Cody's essay. It has priority. We wouldn't want to see him get marked down for being late after all the hard work that he put into starting this thread.
11-17-2009, 09:43 AM   #13
graphicgr8s

Guys lets take it easy here. Cool it.

Can you CC me after it's done. I will check it for correct kelsey grammar
11-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think you should start by watching Larry the Cable Guy's video on the subject.
11-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #15
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Guys lets take it easy here. Cool it.

Can you CC me after it's done. I will check it for correct kelsey grammar
Would you check it for tori spelling too, please?