Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2010, 02:02 PM   #151
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I think you just did.
Well, apparently when it comes to when to be able to fight a war for ya without being called a criminal, 'timing' would appear to be everything.

If you ask some elements of the Pentagon, anyway.

"Let's try to fight 'AlQueerda' with only overt-homophobes, then have them inflame people not previously-inflamed with homophobic college pranks, while the 'enemy' tries to do the same thing, ... but, we can't *possibly* have any openly LBGT people in the military... What could they *possibly* know about showing restraint and applied force in the face of being subjected to the kind of violence and degradation in the name of religious hatred that we're supposedly fighting?" Never mind keeping secrets under duress, of course, which was the last stupid reason! What could they know about *that?*

Lots, actually, of course.

Let's enhance 'unit cohesion' by making everybody 'suspect' of something that's not really that big a deal in the first place!

Did I mention some stuff has a way of getting *backwards* when people let themselves be scared? Maybe even 'terrorized?' Just a heads-up, there.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 02-03-2010 at 02:10 PM.
02-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #152
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Well, apparently when it comes to when to be able to fight a war for ya without being called a criminal, 'timing' would appear to be everything.

"Let's try to fight 'AlQueerda' with only overt-homophobes, then have them inflame people not previously-inflamed with homophobic college pranks, while the 'enemy' tries to do the same thing, ... but, we can't *possibly* have any openly LBGT people in the military... What could they *possibly* know about showing restraint and applied force in the face of being subjected to the kind of violence and degradation in the name of religious hatred that we're supposedly fighting?"

What does that have to do with anything I said?
Are you sundowning again?
02-03-2010, 02:11 PM   #153
Veteran Member

It has to do with what I was *replying* to that you attacked me for.

Define 'sundowning,' btw?

Was there some kind of defense of insecure rudeness in there?
02-03-2010, 02:22 PM   #154
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

OK, here's the conversation:
Maybe that's the only way he could avoid looking at her [Pelosi] without being obvious.
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady;906931 ( after quoting Parallax):
I don't suppose this would be the time to tell you your mentality shows?
I think you just did.
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote

"Let's try to fight 'AlQueerda' with only overt-homophobes, then have them inflame people not previously-inflamed with homophobic college pranks, while the 'enemy' tries to do the same thing, ... but, we can't *possibly* have any openly LBGT people in the military... What could they *possibly* know about showing restraint and applied force in the face of being subjected to the kind of violence and degradation in the name of religious hatred that we're supposedly fighting?" Never mind keeping secrets under duress, of course, which was the last stupid reason! What could they know about *that?*

Let's enhance 'unit cohesion' by making everybody 'suspect' of something that's not really that big a deal in the first place!

Did I mention some stuff has a way of getting *backwards* when people let themselves be scared? Maybe even 'terrorized?' Just a heads-up, there.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady:
It has to do with what I was *replying* to that you attacked me for.
Define 'sundowning,' btw?
Please tell me how ANYTHING in that was an attack on you.

Sundowning

02-03-2010, 02:33 PM   #155
graphicgr8s

OK, here's the conversation:

Please tell me how ANYTHING in that was an attack on you.

Sundowning
You typed something. That constitutes an attack.
02-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #156
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
You typed something. That constitutes an attack.
My bad.___
02-03-2010, 03:13 PM   #157
Veteran Member

OK, I've worked out what POTUS stands for but 'LBGT' has me stumped.

02-03-2010, 03:17 PM   #158
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by justinr Quote
OK, I've worked out what POTUS stands for but 'LBGT' has me stumped.
RML, you want to field this one?
02-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #159
Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
Ok. What in the ten thousand names of the Mother is *that* supposed to mean?

After all that time saying I should be more afraid of them than you, for being, more like you than I am like them...

Did I mention that being rude and uncivil and bigoted, is not a sign of strength, but rather of weakness?

In a time of *war* it can border on willful criminal-incompetence. If 'terror' is *actually* your 'enemy,' rather than just something spelled similarly, ending in a.

Frankly, if coarseness is all you respect, you know where you can blow it out.

I prefer manners.
Go to hell. Words have more meanings and definitions than what they have in your little minute microcosm of a mind.
Closed Thread