Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-17-2009, 08:13 PM   #1
graphicgr8s

Tax the Rich

We need to tax the heck out of the rich so they can never ever do something like this again!

Hillsborough school board accepts $100M Gates grant
Or this

PND - News - Gates Foundation Details $100 Million Global Health Research Initiative

What a disgrace!

Why won't the Obama stop them from these things?

Wait. Glory be. They are. Thank you Big O.

11-17-2009, 08:45 PM   #2
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How about a refund to everyone he stuck with Vista? If there were Lemon Laws on software, he would be living on the streets begging for a handout.
Regards!
11-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
We need to tax the heck out of the rich so they can never ever do something like this again!

Hillsborough school board accepts $100M Gates grant
Or this

PND - News - Gates Foundation Details $100 Million Global Health Research Initiative

What a disgrace!

Here you go money bags.

Swiss Bank Account | Private Banking | Trust Formation | Swiss Banks

11-17-2009, 09:02 PM   #4
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
How about a refund to everyone he stuck with Vista? If there were Lemon Laws on software, he would be living on the streets begging for a handout.
Regards!
Still better than Mac though.

Funny how many servers run windows because it's stable. Heck I still run NT 4 on one of my print servers because it's stable.

11-17-2009, 10:34 PM   #5
Veteran Member

i remember reading somewhere that tax cuts for the wealthy actually improved the economy because they would spend much more relative to the lower income brackets.
11-17-2009, 11:50 PM   #6
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
i remember reading somewhere that tax cuts for the wealthy actually improved the economy because they would spend much more relative to the lower income brackets.
It improved the economy in Europe and the Caribbean, that's where they spent it.
Poor people don't save, they have to spend all the money they get to survive. If they get more money because of a tax cut, they spend it. All the money they spend gets spent in this country because they don't travel. There are thousands of poor people to every wealthy person. I know you're good with math, what you read just can't add up.
11-17-2009, 11:57 PM   #7
Veteran Member

This thread reeks of Reagan'esque trickle down theory. Let's not tax the rich, let's leave that burden to the middle class.

Flat tax would be an answer....each working man, woman and youth over 18 pays a flat percentage, regardless of gross income...eliminate tax loopholes, everyone pays their share. Hey, if you make a few billion a year, you wont miss it.

Jason

11-18-2009, 12:11 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Personally I feel the government should tax the rich appropriately.
If they keep their $ to themselves charge them up the ying yang, however if they're keeping it flowing locally then leave them alone.

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
It improved the economy in Europe and the Caribbean, that's where they spent it.
I wouldn't say that's true Gary,
I was once going out with a woman from Saint Vincent Island. She told me that the resorts there were usually owned by Westerners, who would hire the locals at just a couple dollars a day. And charge whomever went there paid an arm and a leg.
She was saying that some resort workers were sent down to gather the seafood from the beach for peanuts, then they'd charge the guests $100.00 or more for that meal. So it doesn't spread the wealth very far.
11-18-2009, 01:06 AM   #9
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
God forbid the govt upset the rich by taxing them at a higher rate.
It may risk an election loss.
11-18-2009, 01:07 AM   #10
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Personally I feel the government should tax the rich appropriately.
If they keep their $ to themselves charge them up the ying yang, however if they're keeping it flowing locally then leave them alone.

So it doesn't spread the wealth very far.
Name a country that does spread the wealth Stu. That $100 dollars a meal was going to someone.
11-18-2009, 01:30 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote

You might want to check the dateline on your stories. The first one is dated yesterday, which kinda blows out of the water your inference that Obama's stopped such grants from happening.
11-18-2009, 01:44 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Why should the rich be taxed differently??????

Many people who are rich were once poor, they decided it was not good to be poor and so worked like hell to middle class, worked like hell some more to upper class

It took from me living off the street at age 20, blood sweat & tears over 29 years to actually say I have 1 bar saved with zero credit a lifelong annuity income of 500k pa etc etc - I don't consider myself "rich" by a long shot - so how does one define "rich"

Again why should I be taxed differently?
11-18-2009, 01:49 AM   #13
Inactive Account

'Flat tax would be an answer....each working man, woman and youth over 18 pays a flat percentage, regardless of gross income...eliminate tax loopholes, everyone pays their share. Hey, if you make a few billion a year, you wont miss it.'

If I remember correctly, the (USA) Forbes proposed flat tax was about 18% across the board with a no-tax cut off below $28-$30K a few years back. This supposedly was revenue neutral or a slight increase in feceral income. Supposedly loop holes were eliminated, everyone eligable pays. The negatives would be it removed power from politicians to manipulate and income from tax preparers and tax attorneys. We can't possibly have THAT!
11-18-2009, 05:23 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dylansalt Quote
- so how does one define "rich"?
Anyone who isn't currently accepting a payment from the government? Or maybe anyone who is working and paying taxes.
11-18-2009, 05:33 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You have a problem with someone spending 100million on education?!

Screw the poor, they are clearly retarded and in need of more education. The rich got to where they were through hard work.

Stop being a shit muncher if you don't like it. We all live in countries privileged enough to be able to achieve anything through hard work and owning a higher than average iq.
Closed Thread