Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2009, 07:01 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Doesn't she think she needs to concentrate on getting our Embassy hostages out first?
I wonder if the trick we played on them a couple of decades ago would work again.

11-19-2009, 07:11 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
snopes.com: Barack Obama and 57 States

QuoteQuote:
The actual intent behind Senator Obama’s misstatement is easy to discern without the need to invoke an obscure international organization. He was trying to express the thought that in all the time he had spent on the campaign trail so far in 2007-08, he had visited all (48) of the states in the continental U.S. save for one (i.e., “one left to go,” excluding Alaska and Hawaii), but in his weariness he slipped up and started off with “fifty” instead of “forty.” (Note the long pause in the video clip between the words “fifty” and “seven.”)
11-19-2009, 07:37 PM   #18
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by areidjr Quote
Iraq, Iran, Iwalked, what's the difference I'm sure it was just a simple case of misspeaking.
Really? If Sarah gets an entire book wrong, according to McCain and staff, it is misspeaking, but if Obama misspeaks, it is a sign of his ignorance? I think I am beginning to see how this works....Sarah smart/Obama dumb? You think you can sell that across America? I am hoping the right will try it! You talk about landslides!
Regards!
11-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #19
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by flippedgazelle Quote
I trust Snopes for everything they are a great resource. Except concerning politics. They are adamant Obama supporters.

11-19-2009, 10:11 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
I trust Snopes for everything they are a great resource. Except concerning politics. They are adamant Obama supporters.
C'mon graphics, that sounds like right-wing paranoia. "If the 'media' doesn't agree with my Conservative viewpoint, they must be biased toward Obama".

If you watch the video, BHO is clearly very tired, and he slipped. Whoop-dee-doo.

As far as Snopes' "bias" goes, here's from Wikipedia:

QuoteQuote:
FactCheck reviewed a sample of Snopes' responses to political rumors regarding George W. Bush, Sarah Palin and Barack Obama, and found them to be free from bias in all cases. FactCheck noted that Barbara Mikkelson was a Canadian citizen (and thus unable to vote in American elections) and David Mikkelson was an independent who was once a registered Republican. "You’d be hard-pressed to find two more apolitical people," David Mikkelson told them.
11-20-2009, 05:54 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Really? If Sarah gets an entire book wrong, according to McCain and staff, it is misspeaking, but if Obama misspeaks, it is a sign of his ignorance? I think I am beginning to see how this works....Sarah smart/Obama dumb? You think you can sell that across America? I am hoping the right will try it! You talk about landslides!
Regards!

Speaking of ignorance... Do you realize just how close Biden is to the Presidency? Now that's truly a frightening thought.

And just how often is Biden's misstatements and inaccuracies brought to the forefront by the fact hungry media?
11-20-2009, 06:21 AM   #22
Inactive Account

I have to wonder if the 40 or so legal dogs are still going through the Palin diaper pail in Wasilla and now a platoon of lefty book fact finders. I smell some fear in the axis camp, no wait it's diapers. I wonder if they ever found Sen Edwards and ran an audit of his campaign funds. Maybe dug up crap on Rev Wright. Did a real honest work up of that flake Wrangle (Ways and Means). How about a real expose' of 'Countywide' Dodd. Did I mention Murtha and the Airport to Nowhere? William Jefferson finally got his, but you hardly heard about it. Has the $90K thawed out yet?

The lefty press is a huge yawn.

11-20-2009, 07:09 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Speaking of ignorance... Do you realize just how close Biden is to the Presidency? Now that's truly a frightening thought.

And just how often is Biden's misstatements and inaccuracies brought to the forefront by the fact hungry media?
The only advantage Sarah has over Biden, is that she can see Russia from her front porch. That is very important.....to Sarah! I would vote for a Biden/Palin ticket...he could run the country and Sarah could sit on her front porch in Alaska with her moose gun and keep an eye on Russia.
Regards!
11-20-2009, 07:14 AM   #24
graphicgr8s

The only advantage Sarah has over Biden, is that she can see Russia from her front porch. That is very important.....to Sarah! I would vote for a Biden/Palin ticket...he could run the country and Sarah could sit on her front porch in Alaska with her moose gun and keep an eye on Russia.
Regards!
O'Biden running the US. Now that's a scary, scary thought. Almost as bad as Stretch "Botax" Pelosi ruining it.
11-20-2009, 08:54 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Regards!
But, I still wonder what makes the media so interested in digging so deep into Sarah Palin and fact checking her book, but has so little interest as to why Obama has hired dozens of lawyers and spent millions of dollars fighting attempt for him to produce proper documentation. Is there no curiosity there? It certainly makes me curious. If it were me I'd let the first lawsuit filed go through, produce the appropriate documentation and make the other side look like utter fools. Yet, dozens of lawyers and millions of dollars are spent to avoid that simple step and the media isn't at all curious.
11-20-2009, 08:57 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Gee, that is scary....to think that the will of the American people allowed Biden over Sarah? And even scarier, I am betting they would do it again! The small minority of Sarah worshipers will make her rich, at their own expense, but will never elect her to the Presidency. Just won't happen. Only the truly insane would think otherwise.
Regards!
11-20-2009, 09:26 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Gee, that is scary....to think that the will of the American people allowed Biden over Sarah? And even scarier, I am betting they would do it again! The small minority of Sarah worshipers will make her rich, at their own expense, but will never elect her to the Presidency. Just won't happen. Only the truly insane would think otherwise.
Regards!
I do not know. She may. Stranger things can happen. Obama got elected didn't he?
11-20-2009, 09:48 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Yes he did! Now if you want to really get scared, just hang around to see him do it again if Sarah runs. Somehow, she has a hypnotic effect on those that suffer delusions and can't relate to reality, but the masses have not, and will not, be fooled by this bimbo. She is absurdly unqualified for the job, and her own competitors will beat her to a pulp before she ever gets to first base. Still, she is great for Sat Night Live, and Letterman, so she does have some value.
Regards!
11-20-2009, 09:52 AM   #29
graphicgr8s

Yes he did! Now if you want to really get scared, just hang around to see him do it again if Sarah runs. Somehow, she has a hypnotic effect on those that suffer delusions and can't relate to reality, but the masses have not, and will not, be fooled by this bimbo. She is absurdly unqualified for the job, and her own competitors will beat her to a pulp before she ever gets to first base. Still, she is great for Sat Night Live, and Letterman, so she does have some value.
Regards!
So true. Unlike the present POTUS.

They fact check her but the Big O was never vetted. Not at all. Like he had the media and those he voted for hypnotized. Like they were part of the sects that drank Kool-AidŽ and committed mass suicide.
11-20-2009, 09:56 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Regards!
Let's assume that everything you say is true. Then why the media fascination with trying to discredit this woman. If she will self destruct on her own, why try so hard to help it along? If the people won't be fooled and the competition will destroy her, then just let her alone. I see a bit of fear that she could succeed as the driving force behind the media attacks.