Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2009, 11:56 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
One Good Dawg

Uga VII died today of rapid onset heart problems. :ugh: Uga was only 4 years old and had been the University of Georgia mascot for less than two years. He started out with a 10-3 record in his Freshman year and so far this year was 6-4 for a total of 16-7. Uga VII had some big paw prints to fill when he took over for his father, Uga VI who had a winning record of 87-27, 7-2 in bowl games and two Southeastern Conference Championships. His great-grandfather Uga IV gained notoriety for his feature movie role working with Clint Eastwood (Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil) and for his attempt during a game to emasculate Auburn player Robert Parker. Parker scored for Auburn and just continued running right at Uga who timed his leap almost perfectly but Parker managed to sidestep at just the right moment and, according to some, was only bit high on the leg and thereby avoiding a career as a soprano in the church choir. This can be found on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foGHh14uvKk' And his great-great-grandfather, Uga III was of course the famous bulldog who oversaw Herschel Walker's reign at running back complete with Heisman Trophy and National Championship. Uga III wore a bow tie and formal collar to the 1982 Heisman presentation and was and early pioneer of the common treatments for dry eyes. He had dry eyes and one of the professors developed drops to use on Uga that eventually became one of the modern dry eye drops (I think it's Restasis) available.

Even though there is some humor in the preceding, some of you may not understand what the big deal is. Uga is the bulldog mascot of the University of Georgia and is one of the most, if not the most recognized college mascot in the U.S. Around here, despite a few saying he's just a dog, (darn Georgia Tech fans) lol in truth Uga was the DAWG! Rest in Peace buddy. We'll miss seeing you bark at those cameras and trying to bite opposing players.

According to officials, it will be next season before a replacement is named.

Goooooooooooooooooooo DAWGS! Sic 'em. Woof Woof Woof

CW

Last edited by straightshooter; 11-20-2009 at 07:37 AM.
11-20-2009, 07:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
RIP.....I've known more "good ol' doggies" than I have "good ol' people". I bet I am not alone.
Regards!
11-20-2009, 07:46 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Sad day for UGA sport fans as well as animal lovers in general. His reign as mascot was brief but no less than regal in his duty. I hope he has a nice easy bulldog trot to doggie heaven.

Jason