Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2009, 07:49 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
See? We do agree on something. I think. I want my cell to do one thing well not 100 things eh. I want it to make a call and not drop it every 5 feet. If I want music I have an mp3 player I bought and never use. And on and on with things I buy and never/seldom use because I have to have it. Like tonight, ran out to Staples to get a gps. I never go anyplace.
Hey, you went to Staples !!

11-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #32
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
Hey, you went to Staples !!
OK I never go outside my turf.
11-30-2009, 08:07 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
See? We do agree on something. I think. I want my cell to do one thing well not 100 things eh. I want it to make a call and not drop it every 5 feet. If I want music I have an mp3 player I bought and never use. And on and on with things I buy and never/seldom use because I have to have it. Like tonight, ran out to Staples to get a gps. I never go anyplace.
Heh. You think I can't out-crotchety you on technology? I'm only even here cause Pentax makes the stuff most appealing to those of us who stuck with Canon FD through the decades of this 'autofocus' thing till somehow people start expecting photos faster than what I make by hand. This is all sci-fi to me. Love my K20d, but you may catch me at times saying to him, 'Come *on* you glorified Polaroid back of a Takumar mount!

Like I said when I made my profile: About me: photographic time-traveler from circa 1990, or something to that effect.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 11-30-2009 at 08:14 PM.
11-30-2009, 08:22 PM   #34
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Heh. You think I can't out-crotchety you on technology? I'm only even here cause Pentax makes the stuff most appealing to those of us who stuck with Canon FD through the decades of this 'autofocus' thing till somehow people start expecting photos faster than what I make by hand. This is all sci-fi to me. Love my K20d, but you may catch me at times saying to him, 'Come *on* you glorified Polaroid back of a Takumar mount!
Like I said when I made my profile: About me: photographic time-traveler from circa 1990, or something to that effect.
I only shoot with my pinhole camera. What's a canon? What's autofocus?

I'm circa 1970's meself

11-30-2009, 08:29 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I only shoot with my pinhole camera. What's a canon? What's autofocus?
I'm circa 1970's meself

Heh. I'm of the vintage that could understand a T90 and think herself very cutting edge. It's kind of a blur past that.

When Canon abandoned their legacy users, our world stopped at the F-1N, though. And that was that.
12-05-2009, 04:32 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Original Poster
And, aha. Our fresh battery has arrived and appears to have made all good as new for the price of six dollars. Now we needn't rush into anything.

Incidentally, has anyone tried any of those 'pay as you go' phones? Or is it just a pricing scam that gets you anyway? It's occurred to me that one that one of those might fill the bill for the occasional need of us to each have a phone, (not often) and also just be a measure of security against my tendency to worry.