Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2007, 02:08 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
RH at DP Reviews

Seems that Rice High has sold his Pentax Gear for Canon's 5D and has made the announcement at DPReviews. That is exactly what got me banned...Any info? Just curious.

06-09-2007, 02:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Seems that Rice High has sold his Pentax Gear for Canon's 5D and has made the announcement at DPReviews. That is exactly what got me banned...Any info? Just curious.
A third thread about RH having bought a better camera? Lol - I don't get it. Why is this guy is so interesting? I wonder if people really read him and then go look at their camera and think it just got better or worse than before reading. Some blokes are just best when ignored.

If King Phil choose to ban or not to ban people is generally a mystery. He is the worst moderator I have run into for several years. But Benjikan; you weren't banned for having told the world you bought a Pentax, were you?

regards,

EDIT: Ben, I just noticed you noticed there are several threads running on this. Please disregard my first paragraph above.

Last edited by Jonas B; 06-09-2007 at 03:01 PM. Reason: why nag on people?
06-09-2007, 05:48 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Ben,
Good luck to Michael (Ricehigh), I hope he gets a lot of enjoyment out of his new camera, and I also sincerely and genuinely hope that it meets, or surpasses his expectations. Nothing worse than having to work with inferior tools. :ugh: which of course are the source of all of an individuals poor results.

Poor old Michael draws a fair bit of fire with some of his comments and I for one was annoyed at his attitude over on dpr where he wanted to have the final word on any topic he was participating in, always presenting his views as authorative and beyond question. It is good to see that he has moderated his views somewhat on this forum, so thank you for that Michael. While we all have opinions, and some of them held strongly from time to time, we must never lose sight of the fact that the other bloke is free to differ.

I take your point on the banning principle though Ben, but methinks you probably stepped on some bigger toes along the way. .....but hey, isn't more fun over here anyway?
Cheers
Grant

Last edited by Mallee Boy; 06-09-2007 at 06:49 PM. Reason: grammar
06-10-2007, 04:47 AM   #4
Pentaxian

It's not that RH is/was interesting. He was like the little pebble that is too small to stop and take out of your shoe... It's to small and insignificant to stop and take it out but it's irritating none the less... So when it finally falls out on its own, you really enjoy it!

06-10-2007, 04:59 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Yes

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonas B Quote
A third thread about RH having bought a better camera? Lol - I don't get it. Why is this guy is so interesting? I wonder if people really read him and then go look at their camera and think it just got better or worse than before reading. Some blokes are just best when ignored.

If King Phil choose to ban or not to ban people is generally a mystery. He is the worst moderator I have run into for several years. But Benjikan; you weren't banned for having told the world you bought a Pentax, were you?

regards,

EDIT: Ben, I just noticed you noticed there are several threads running on this. Please disregard my first paragraph above.
The reason given for banning me was posting on both the Canon and Pentax listing that after 19 years of loyal service with Canon I decided a change of scene was due. Therefore the migration to Pentax...
06-11-2007, 02:53 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Banned for cross-posting? hahahahahaha

It's called a friendly reminder not to...
06-12-2007, 03:33 AM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
No, not exactly what got you banned. Just the opposite.

The world according to Phil:

Pentax to Canon = Good
Canon to Pentax = Bad

See the difference?
06-12-2007, 05:07 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Perhaps he could do Canon reviews for DPR?!