Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2009, 03:56 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
This is TOO much :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_H8TOKcfjg&fmt=22

If you can't take it anymore, just fast foward to about 2:40, you will NOT be amused

11-28-2009, 04:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

If this was another photography forum I frequent, not this family-friendly site, I could say what I really thought about this video. Suffice it to say, it is garbage on so many levels. Not just for the Pentax reference.
11-28-2009, 04:29 PM   #3

yeah it sucks, but I may have to use the line -

(whispering) Ohhh pow....polish my lens gurl....ohhh pow polish my lens gurl....
11-28-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
If this was another photography forum I frequent, not this family-friendly site, I could say what I really thought about this video. Suffice it to say, it is garbage on so many levels. Not just for the Pentax reference.
indeed. :-D

11-28-2009, 05:37 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
wait guys, something wrong.... isn't it pentaxforum? so we are pentaxer? ooooo it's craks me up comletely..... ;-((((
11-28-2009, 05:52 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Actually this is very amusing! Just more evidence of what drunkeness does to creativity.

Besides, we all know that Nikon lens the girl licked isn't waterproof. How soon before you see fungus inside that baby? I mean the lens, of course
11-28-2009, 05:52 PM   #7

Photos: Gallery | Albums
hahaha! this video is the bulls**t that made my day funny again and remember why I'm in Pentax family

11-28-2009, 06:29 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pkata Quote
hahaha! this video is the bulls**t that made my day funny again and remember why I'm in Pentax family
HAHA! Someone should make a Pentax rebuttal with a Nikon as the fall guy
11-28-2009, 06:32 PM   #9
Veteran Member

For the record, I thought it was pretty funny. Despite the fact that rap annoys me and they dissed the brand I use. No need to take things so seriously, for real.

However, this is approximately the millionth time this video has been posted on this forum. How many more threads will there be? Maybe they should just make it a sticky.
11-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #10

You know, it's ironic how many flame wars were sparked by a tongue-in-cheek video poking fun at brand fanaticism.
So as it turns out, "Pentax" rhymes with "facts." Try rhyming "Sony" or "Olympus," it won't work. Honestly, at least they even know what a Pentax is.
11-28-2009, 08:00 PM   #11
Forum Member

The video was more of a commentary on brand fanaticism than an attempt to put down the Pentax brand - the focus of the story is a Canon owner and Nikon owner not being able to get over their cameras (and whatever perceived status they bestow upon their owners), so they break up. The dig at Pentax at the end can be taken to mean that Pentax is good enough to be made fun of (inferiority complex).

ps. why do Americans pronounce Nikon as nai-kon?
11-28-2009, 08:13 PM   #12
Banned

Mark Dimalanta would laugh at them clowns.

11-28-2009, 08:43 PM   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by AdrianN Quote
ps. why do Americans pronounce Nikon as nai-kon?
Because the vowel "i" is pronounced as "ai" in a lot of words that begin with Ni. Night and nice, for example. Even the pronunciation of "i" in words like "nickle" is more of a "neh" sound rather than the "knee" sound of pronunciation of に/い. Also, the vowel length is often times dynamic, so if you extended the length of the "i" to a "knee" sound, the "o" in the "kon" would probably be shortened. Then we'd probably end up saying Kneecon, with the con being pronounced like beacon.

Either that or we just don't watch enough Monty Python.

P.S. It's always funny how much people nitpick Americans on the pronunciation of Japanese words when they positively butcher English. マクド (Makudo, McDonalds), and スタバー (sutabaa, Starbucks) come to mind.
P.S.S. There's also no X sound in Japanese, so technically we should all be saying Pentakusu.

Last edited by Kirivon; 11-28-2009 at 08:52 PM.
11-28-2009, 09:22 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Frogroast Quote
Besides, we all know that Nikon lens the girl licked isn't waterproof. How soon before you see fungus inside that baby? I mean the lens, of course
This is probably the only thing I'll remember about that video. Just so unique.

11-28-2009, 09:32 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kirivon Quote
Because the vowel "i" is pronounced as "ai" in a lot of words that begin with Ni. Night and nice, for example. Even the pronunciation of "i" in words like "nickle" is more of a "neh" sound rather than the "knee" sound of pronunciation of に/い. Also, the vowel length is often times dynamic, so if you extended the length of the "i" to a "knee" sound, the "o" in the "kon" would probably be shortened. Then we'd probably end up saying Kneecon, with the con being pronounced like beacon.
Either that or we just don't watch enough Monty Python.
I like to think it's due to the way you yanks like pronounce "i" as "eye".
We tend to say it "nik- kon" down under. And for Iraq, we say "e-raq" (like the "i" in irresistable), instead of "eye-rack".