Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2009, 06:25 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
My version was more enjoyable.
Hey, if you think so, I might *just* be able to arrange some reindeer pee for you.

12-04-2009, 06:35 PM   #32
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Hey, if you think so, I might *just* be able to arrange some reindeer pee for you.
Yes please.
12-04-2009, 06:57 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Yes please.
Ok, working on it, but, apparently you could just shroom and get much the same effects.
12-04-2009, 07:37 PM   #34
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Well, there you go, Graphics. Someone googled for you.

Takumars and Legoes are more fun, anyway.
RML I googled it myself just hadn't had time to post. X in the Greek stands for Chi. However most of us don't know greek today. Except for the Greeks.
Again it was just a comment to Dave. Never once did I mention any kind of conspiracy.

12-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
For those of us that celebrate xmas or at least partake in the traditional gift giving and receiving what is it you want, expect , or have either hinted at or strongly suggested or as I do sometimes do print out what I want, where to get it and how much it should cost
So what's on you wish list ? Who knows who will be looking at this list and checking it twice .....
Please read the OP above!
You know that I like to play and argue as much as the rest of you but Dave tried to start a thread that couldn't possibly turn into a debate.
George - I happen to agree with you for the reason you stated but also because I see the use of X-mas as a sign of laziness (nothing personal Dave). Unfortunately as soon as you posted I knew it would be mere moments before someone would complain or challenge .
RML - I for one have never spoken ill of you but why do you have to cry persecution in every single thread? Sometimes it gets kinda old! If Graphics started a thread about baking blueberry muffins you would somehow turn it into an anti gay , anti democrat , anti pagan thing. By the way I find it odd that you never specifically state which pagan religion you practice when you bring it into discussion so frequently.
Gary- Trippin on riendeer whiz? Come on, your a mod and this is supposed to be a family friendly place.
Happy freakin Chriskwanzsolticuh! Sorry if the spelling is wrong , I don't speak PC.

Last edited by seacapt; 12-04-2009 at 09:08 PM.
12-04-2009, 09:18 PM   #36
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
Gary- Trippin on riendeer whiz? Come on, your a mod and this is supposed to be a family friendly place.
Please don't come the "You're a mod" crap it doesn't do anyone any favours. As for family friendly, there's a lot worse goes on in GT.

Any member is free to report a post for taking a thread off topic but make sure you're not selective and report all of the OT posts.
12-04-2009, 09:30 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Please don't come the "You're a mod" crap it doesn't do anyone any favours. As for family friendly, there's a lot worse goes on in GT.

Any member is free to report a post for taking a thread off topic but make sure you're not selective and report all of the OT posts.
I didn't report anything , just making an observation.

12-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #38
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
I didn't report anything , just making an observation.
I didn't say you did, just posting a reminder of that option.

I hope we can return this thread back to the original discussion now (or as close as GT gets).
12-04-2009, 11:41 PM   #39
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

For whatever reason(s) people tend to get a little more mellow around Christmas, unless you are in a store shopping......and they also seem to be a little more tolerant of their differences with others. It is the best time of the year in that respect, but it is also the most stressful. So many things going on, all at once....For me it always builds in anticipation and expectations, maybe the leftover remnants of being a kid and dreaming of those toys, and then continues until Super Bowl when all the excitement is finally gone and the brutal reality of winter hits me in the face. Still, I look forward to it every year! A time to reflect on my good fortune, and to enjoy more of my friends and family. You too?
Regards!
12-04-2009, 11:58 PM   #40
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
For whatever reason(s) people tend to get a little more mellow around Christmas, unless you are in a store shopping......and they also seem to be a little more tolerant of their differences with others. It is the best time of the year in that respect, but it is also the most stressful. So many things going on, all at once....For me it always builds in anticipation and expectations, maybe the leftover remnants of being a kid and dreaming of those toys, and then continues until Super Bowl when all the excitement is finally gone and the brutal reality of winter hits me in the face. Still, I look forward to it every year! A time to reflect on my good fortune, and to enjoy more of my friends and family. You too?
Regards!
Since I've been in this country it's been spent with the in-laws, nice to be together. Now we have our own child it's even better to add another generation to the get together and, hopefully, continue the traditions. I'm sure we'll take over the tradition as my wife's parents get older.
We usually get the shopping done early.
I've asked for a Wacom tablet and a slide scanner.
12-05-2009, 12:24 AM   #41
Veteran Member

i got my present early, a sigma 70-200 f2.8 hsm II macro etc etc etc (what a long winded name)

loving it so far.. although i've only had it for 12 hours
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II - a set on Flickr
12-05-2009, 05:25 AM   #42
Veteran Member

Original Poster
omg and I accepted the General Thread warning I should have started a thread about some kind of cheese sandwich I ate .....

Well here's hoping if you celebrate Christmas , may your holiday be everything you want it be , Joyeux Noel mes amis ... and with that I say good night Gracie to this thread ....
12-05-2009, 05:57 AM   #43
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
I really don't recall where I said it was any kind of conspiracy. I was having a little fun with Dave.

As for "XMas" show your facts.
I Googled it and found numerous supporting
sources, including the transcript of a sermon by a minister.
12-05-2009, 07:31 AM   #44
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
omg and I accepted the General Thread warning I should have started a thread about some kind of cheese sandwich I ate .....

Well here's hoping if you celebrate Christmas , may your holiday be everything you want it be , Joyeux Noel mes amis ... and with that I say good night Gracie to this thread ....
Hey Dave please accept my apologies. Didn't mean to take this thread off topic. I was really just trying to have a little fun with your X.

Happy RamaHanaKwanzMas and Festivus for the restivus
12-05-2009, 07:51 AM   #45
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter