Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2009, 07:39 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's the Happie$t Time of the Year ...

For those of us that celebrate xmas or at least partake in the traditional gift giving and receiving what is it you want, expect , or have either hinted at or strongly suggested or as I do sometimes do print out what I want, where to get it and how much it should cost

For me this year it is a 64gb iTouch - I have a first generation 8gb ,I use it extensively to listen to music and watch videos (on planes) and store a whack of photo's to show people and occasional email, calculator (think Seinfeld tip calculator haha) , some other apps and games. 8gb just not cut it anymore. And yes I gave the print out to my wife

So what's on you wish list ? Who knows who will be looking at this list and checking it twice .....

Last edited by daacon; 12-04-2009 at 07:47 AM.
12-04-2009, 07:53 AM   #2
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
For those of us that celebrate xmas or at least partake in the traditional gift giving and receiving what is it you want, expect , or have either hinted at or strongly suggested or as I do sometimes do print out what I want, where to get it and how much it should cost

For me this year it is a 64gb iTouch - I have a first generation 8gb ,I use it extensively to listen to music and watch videos (on planes) and store a whack of photo's to show people and occasional email, calculator (think Seinfeld tip calculator haha) , some other apps and games. 8gb just not cut it anymore. And yes I gave the print out to my wife

So what's on you wish list ? Who knows who will be looking at this list and checking it twice .....
Well Dave have to say I got an early Christmas present (I hate when people use the X). Best one I've ever had so I really don't want or need anything else. K7
12-04-2009, 07:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Peace on Earth , good will to men , the U.S economy to climb out of the gutter , all the deadbeats that owe me money to pay up and a Tamron 300mm f2.8.
12-04-2009, 07:57 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Hmm....details, sure, I got some. I got a 540FGZ flash last year as a gift so that was good. This year not so much photo stuff though.

Tennis Shoes - Adidas Barricades V Size 9 (actual TENNIS shoes, not just generic "tennis" (aka walking/running/everyday) shoes).
Computer Mouse - Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse
Playstation 3 Game - Drakes Fortune 2
Brown Socks

Excited yet?

12-04-2009, 08:27 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Well Dave have to say I got an early Christmas present (I hate when people use the X). Best one I've ever had so I really don't want or need anything else. K7
Sweet Xmas gift!! When you have phat fingers like mine any less typing helps ....

QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
Peace on Earth , good will to men , the U.S economy to climb out of the gutter , all the deadbeats that owe me money to pay up and a Tamron 300mm f2.8.
such a good man seacapt good luck with the later as the former is not really in your control (I can come out and possible 'help' with some of those deadbeats )

QuoteOriginally posted by arpaagent Quote
<Snip>
Tennis Shoes - Adidas Barricades V Size 9 (actual TENNIS shoes, not just generic "tennis" (aka walking/running/everyday) shoes).
Computer Mouse - Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse
Playstation 3 Game - Drakes Fortune 2
Brown Socks
Excited yet?
Yes I am !!! I want some of those brown socks !!! (I always get white ones) ....
12-04-2009, 10:07 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I am getting one of the best Christmas presents ever. My 3-year old grandson is coming (14 Dec) to spend 2 weeks with Nana & Pops, and I plan to spoil the sh$t out of him and then send him home.
12-04-2009, 10:08 AM   #7
graphicgr8s

Keep Christ in Christmas? Christ, the reason for the Season?

I'm just saying.

12-04-2009, 12:12 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Keep Christ in Christmas? Christ, the reason for the Season?

I'm just saying.
We're keeping the Sol in Solstice.

You can take it easy about the X, by the way, : hardly some conspiracy to 'secularize' the holiday, it's just from the Greek initial for 'Christ.' (It's been in use by Christians for quite a long time, I understand. I can't quite recall what I heard about it, but it was something about how it used to be taken as a particularly *reverent* way to write it for some reason or another. )

As for the gift-giving traditions, I'm pretty easy: just about everything else as regards personal items has been falling by the wayside while I try to get this photo thing going.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 12-04-2009 at 12:41 PM.
12-04-2009, 12:27 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Well ... this Christmas is going to be the first one for Jack ... so that's going to be special for us.
12-04-2009, 01:10 PM   #10
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Mechan1k Quote
Well ... this Christmas is going to be the first one for Jack ... so that's going to be special for us.
Jack, George, Serafin and a bunch of others this year. I just can't wait till he's ready for Legos.
12-04-2009, 01:28 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Jack, George, Serafin and a bunch of others this year. I just can't wait till he's ready for Legos.

I thought Santa cancelled Christmas this year. (kidding)

I know what you mean about Lego. We have a 17 month old and a 6 year old......so this means I get to play with Lego but I have to keep it off the floor This year will probably have something to do with Estes rockets.

The past few years I've been getting up early like I did when I was a kid, but my 6 year old sleeps in so I have to wait
12-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lego: the official toy of future Pentaxians.
12-04-2009, 02:23 PM   #13
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
I thought Santa cancelled Christmas this year. (kidding)

I know what you mean about Lego. We have a 17 month old and a 6 year old......so this means I get to play with Lego but I have to keep it off the floor This year will probably have something to do with Estes rockets.

The past few years I've been getting up early like I did when I was a kid, but my 6 year old sleeps in so I have to wait
Well this is my first year with a child but it won't be all the excitement. I mean how much does a 7 month old really care about Christmas. Now when he gets older.....

In some ways I can't wait til we set up all the model railroad stuff I've collected. But I don't want to rush it either. I am enjoying him SO SO much now.

RML Legos are the official toy of Today's Pentaxian.
12-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well this is my first year with a child but it won't be all the excitement. I mean how much does a 7 month old really care about Christmas. Now when he gets older.....

In some ways I can't wait til we set up all the model railroad stuff I've collected. But I don't want to rush it either. I am enjoying him SO SO much now.

RML Legos are the official toy of Today's Pentaxian.
Indeed enjoy these times man I remember those days well (when can hold his neck up so I can buy him a football!!, a car set , train set, bike .......) haha now he want a car (not a lego or Matchbox either ) Santa will think of something else I'm sure

Last edited by daacon; 12-04-2009 at 02:43 PM.
12-04-2009, 02:38 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
<snip> it's just from the Greek initial for 'Christ.' <snip>

I did not know this wow learned something today thanks