Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2009, 01:38 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
coooool video

but still a Canon 1ds mk111 vs Nikon d200/d300 vs Pentax K7 vs Sony A700 IS no contest;-)

Nikon users are not upset as they know that if the girl had a D3/D3x he would be licking her lenses - haha

Unfortunately Pentax has no rebuttal against the 1dsMk111 - so we will have to lick all their lenses;-)

12-07-2009, 05:17 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by figmental1978 Quote
Joe L is a cocky, young talented photographer with an ego longer than his lenses. While I can appreciate some of his photography, he doesn't come close to where he wants to be, which is play with the big boys like Jarvis, Arias, McNally & deChumin.

Hin, if the movie bugs you, don't watch it. As for the message it sends to the gullible young who need the likes of Joe L to tell them what to do, they can follow the crowd.
Joey shot the Twilight posters just for one example, due to the popularity of the movie and the posters i think cockiness is justified
12-07-2009, 07:15 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Thanks for the inspiration. I was inspired to write this and post it on my blog....

Camera Love..a Romantic Tragicomedy by: William Shake-A-Spear

She was the perfect girl for me. Everything about her made me know that this was it. It was a match made in heaven. When we made love, it was akin to experiencing the eruption of Mount Fuji or Experiencing a 21 Canon Salute. I would imagine that I was a Greek God living on Mount Olympus with her at my side. She was my sunshine and all day long I would sing “SONY your so true, I love you…”

It was absolute perfection until that fateful day when her parents said “That it could NOT be…You Cannot See HIM!”. I was devastated. I needed a means of expressing myself and decided to sit down a try to write a poem that could aid in my dealing with this emotional burden. I sat down and attempted with all of the energy I could muster to write the poem, but the using of the Pen taxed and thus tapped all of my strength and as a result, I could not write a thing. I was exhausted with remorse. I was spent and could Not Imagine a more Kind, Outstanding & Nice person that could ever fill the void. Here is the story…

Benjamin Kanarek Blog Camera Love..a Romantic Tragicomedy
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
12-07-2009, 08:03 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
Don't touch the stuff

12-07-2009, 08:17 AM   #35
Veteran Member

12-07-2009, 12:18 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for the inspiration. I was inspired to write this and post it on my blog....

Camera Love..a Romantic Tragicomedy by: William Shake-A-Spear

She was the perfect girl for me. Everything about her made me know that this was it. It was a match made in heaven. When we made love, it was akin to experiencing the eruption of Mount Fuji or Experiencing a 21 Canon Salute. I would imagine that I was a Greek God living on Mount Olympus with her at my side. She was my sunshine and all day long I would sing “SONY your so true, I love you…”

It was absolute perfection until that fateful day when her parents said “That it could NOT be…You Cannot See HIM!”. I was devastated. I needed a means of expressing myself and decided to sit down a try to write a poem that could aid in my dealing with this emotional burden. I sat down and attempted with all of the energy I could muster to write the poem, but the using of the Pen taxed and thus tapped all of my strength and as a result, I could not write a thing. I was exhausted with remorse. I was spent and could Not Imagine a more Kind, Outstanding & Nice person that could ever fill the void. Here is the story…

Benjamin Kanarek Blog Camera Love..a Romantic Tragicomedy
Ben, thank you so much in sharing your thoughts and wisdom in the provocation of Hin in Madness.

Pentax was so duck up in terminating the contracts with Ben. You see, you need the connection and support from true professionals who does the marketing for you. Be it anything on rumors or news, it is a marketing that make you a stronger brand rich with media. Hell I can't shoot and write like Ben. The point being Pentax is underwhelmed with only 4 Pentaxian in the site, they need 100 or perhaps thousand of Ben to up the niche market for loyalist who are brand loyalist or agnostic.

If I have to run a marketing campaign to bring up sales for K-x and K-7. I will sign Ben with contract in a heartbeat hire Ben as the consultant for the music and model selection for the Young generation appeal with color. If you want SEXY and HIP-HOP, go for Canikon, but if you want SEXIEST and CLASSIC, go with Ben. Only stupidity can sum up the failures in Pentax Marketing. They do a good job but it is yet not enough. That is unfortunate. They have gotten my soul but not for the masses, only true lovers of Pentaxian like most of us including Ben will do the promotion they need to steer the market share.

I am no movie director, here can be some ideas for reference:
  • Have a line of gorgeous girls all dressed to Ben's taste and cover their sexiest parts with the limited lens in silver, black and K-x color branded
  • Have the Canikon droll on 100 lens surrounding a normal Pentax Joe with SuperTakumars, Adaptall-2, thousands of M42 and M lenses
  • Have the most stylist and classic kiss of Madona or Monroe on the Pentax lenses -- 31 limited
  • Wipe ass with Canon White L glass
  • Shower or P on the Nikon VR glasses that are weakest in weather sealing
  • Neck pain and butt pain in carrying the Canikon gear. All the ugliest person you can find. I can volunteer to be the model
  • Primofopic Disease Interpretation in Canikon arena -- duck the primes that are absent in Canikon
  • Head to Head on our cheapest DA-L with their kit's lens -- pretty girls licking our DA-L
  • Have a lovely old folk with hand-shaking in video clip taking a perfect pictures with SR logo using the default DA-L lenses on K-x or K-7

More to come when I can thin of some.....

Thank you Ben,
Hin

Last edited by hinman; 12-07-2009 at 12:31 PM.
12-07-2009, 06:52 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
HAAAA!!!!!!

12-07-2009, 07:26 PM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
[*]Have a line of gorgeous girls all dressed to Ben's taste and cover their sexiest parts with the limited lens in silver, black and K-x color branded
Unfortunately, that may actually garner resentment of Pentax in many.

"Why'd they have to stick that %*()$#*(%)&# lens there!"
12-08-2009, 03:38 AM   #39

Funny, but, most funniest is to see that the K10 was a kind of D200 competitor and the MarkIII is very known for the autofocus bugging and needed 3 times repaired before really working...

Everybody has his weakness, someone can make fun of it, someone do not.

At last, the video was a funny thing, because it really shows that sometimes, brand fans can be very ridiculous.
12-09-2009, 07:45 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by er1kksen Quote
Unfortunately, that may actually garner resentment of Pentax in many.

"Why'd they have to stick that %*()$#*(%)&# lens there!"
My friend, what are you thinking. I am thinking the eyes and lips are the classiest and sexiest of one's soul and a pretty girl with her eyes and lips covered with a limited lens side-way so to speak. I hope all of you see the plot that you still see the beauty of a model arranged by Ben as the lenses are so small that that they won't ruin the pretty girl faces while showing the beauty in the lens from the side. Had it be the Canon L or the Nikon VR, all you see is the hair of the model literally speaking. I hope you see the sarcastic and funny pictures. By the way, no licking is involved in the plot as Ben won't let any girls touch his limited,
no matter how pretty the girl is. Ah Ah Ah, that is not for you to lick on, smart girl, Ben will yell out in a heartbeat for sanity. Ben later sighed, what was that girl thinking. I say no licking even Pentax sign the 10 year contract with me. Duck the licking and up your plot, you Pentax Marketing.

There is a thin line between hilarious and genius and it all depends on how we use our talent. The wiping a. is a poor suggestion but it is a stoking reaction to the video. We can have the beagle, some nice looking bitchy type of dog, that either duck up in hyper mode for the sexy thought reaction to a poodle passing by with the L or VR lenses lying on the nearby floor or sit on the L lenses wagging their tail and have sliver drooping all the way as if they are the happiest bitch wiping their a. off the L or VR lenses. Sorry it has to be either dirty or funny in marketing, no body give you a look otherwise.

I am stoked when I see the clip and I actually love the clip as much as you all Canikon supporters and worshipers, but not what is stated in the last sentence to provoke brand differentiation with irony and sarcasm. Yes, the clip is funny, the song and lyrics is great but not that last ducking verse. And you all know it in your heart that many of you are the Canikon worshipers and that include my best buddy Gus in PF. I mean it in a light-heart way as the sludge of problems will make many of us staring (or worshiping) at other brands for less issues and less expensive (debatable) and better brand for symbolic icon of one's rightful and intelligent decision to pick a brand. We ain't morons, we see our decision in the pictures that we take and not a sarcastic video as the Nikon Girl.

Hin

Last edited by hinman; 12-09-2009 at 08:03 AM.
12-09-2009, 07:57 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
How about a poll to see where people think the next post with this video link should be posted to...
Thank you for the suggestion and support, but I don't think this warrant another poll. We have way too many polls.

Warmest,
Hin
12-09-2009, 10:17 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
Thank you for the suggestion and support, but I don't think this warrant another poll. We have way too many polls.

Warmest,
Hin
Polls do the body good.... and is a helluva drug!!!!!!!! Just do it!!!!!!!
12-22-2009, 05:17 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by res3567 Quote
Polls do the body good.... and is a helluva drug!!!!!!!! Just do it!!!!!!!
Let's do a poll about Polls....
12-22-2009, 08:17 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Let's do a poll about Polls....
LOL!!!! I suggested that on another thread!!!!! HAAAA!!!!!