Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Do you wear eyeglasses?
Yes 5652.83%
No 3230.19%
Sometimes 1816.98%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2009, 12:08 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Been wearing specs all my life (well, since about 5 years of age), so they're second nature to me and not really an inconvenience. I can see through the smallest of camera viewfinders just fine, though it is always the nicest to see them full-sized on my computer monitor or printed out. I also just ordered a magnifying eyepiece, not out of necessity, but just to make my photographic experience even better.

12-08-2009, 02:41 AM   #17
Dom

QuoteOriginally posted by res3567 Quote
What is a stigmatism(did I spell it correctly?). That is what I have in my left eye.... I have glasses to correct this.... don't wear them all the time....
'astigmatism' is when you eye isn't round which means you need a toric lens to correct your sight properly.
12-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Glasses since 2nd grade...

My prescription is in the -5+ area. Without glasses, I can only focus on things about 6" from my face. Otherwise, all I can see are shapes and colors.

"How many fingers am I holding up lol?" always gets a facepalm from me
12-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
the correct term (apperantly) is -astigmatism-

basically your eye cant focus clearly enough no matter where you look, near or far.

if you dont wear your glasses all the time that means you'rs is a mild case, for some people no glasses means everything is blurry...
QuoteOriginally posted by Dom Quote
'astigmatism' is when you eye isn't round which means you need a toric lens to correct your sight properly.
Thanks guys. I have more trouble focusing far than near although like you said Gooshin I have have a little trouble focusing near as well. I tried to wear them on my job, but because I work in a freezer environment, I was starting to scracth them from wiping off the condensation. I mainly wear them when I umpire softball especially when working behind the plate.

12-09-2009, 02:30 PM   #20

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wear glasses at night reading, watching TV etc. But when shooting, I prefer contact lenses because I'm left eye dominant and I like to use OK button for focusing. When wearing glasses, it took no time to get fingerprints and grease all over the right lens (of the glasses of course).
12-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #21
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Glasses since 2nd grade...

My prescription is in the -5+ area. Without glasses, I can only focus on things about 6" from my face. Otherwise, all I can see are shapes and colors.

"How many fingers am I holding up lol?" always gets a facepalm from me
Idem!

The last pair of glasses I got are a pain.. nothing is sharp, sometines I ruin my macro photos
The optician sold me Essilor Cryzal and never I got a so bad vision , everything looks blurry to me.
Anybody having some knowledge about glasses and suggestion for good thin glasses (-5) please pm me, I would appreciate!
12-09-2009, 04:47 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Gooshin's basically right about an astigmatism. I have a mild one, (right where I need to be focusing, of course) which means that if I push my glasses out of the way to shoot, I can still focus. But if I don't wear my glasses for an hour or two, the eye muscles which can compensate will become tired and refuse to focus on anything at any distance.

12-09-2009, 10:08 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mireille Quote
Idem!

The last pair of glasses I got are a pain.. nothing is sharp, sometines I ruin my macro photos
The optician sold me Essilor Cryzal and never I got a so bad vision , everything looks blurry to me.
Anybody having some knowledge about glasses and suggestion for good thin glasses (-5) please pm me, I would appreciate!
Mine are 4mm thick at the outside edges (thickest point). They are plastic (polycarbonate) but I have no idea what brand they are...if they even have a brand name.
12-09-2009, 10:15 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Mine are 4mm thick at the outside edges (thickest point). They are plastic (polycarbonate) but I have no idea what brand they are...if they even have a brand name.
Off topic, hey Ryan, still rockin with my subs......
12-09-2009, 10:18 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by res3567 Quote
Off topic, hey Ryan, still rockin with my subs......
LOL nice! I'm working on porting mine since I'm bored
12-11-2009, 12:38 PM   #26

I have that cursed astigmatism as well. I don't mind it for photography as much as I do astronomy (short f.l. eyepieces have little eye relief).
12-11-2009, 05:02 PM   #27
Veteran Member

I used to have above average close up vision which was awesome for up close micro work (like soldering SM components, or fixing tiny stuff like watches). Unfortunatley I have been noticing lately that in the last year my close up vision is starting to mess up

Not enough to need reading glasses yet, but enough to notice.

Pat
12-12-2009, 12:23 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
12+ hours a day of computer screen since 1997 still at 20/20

rookie!

12-12-2009, 11:30 PM   #29

20/20 vision

but my eyes are "farsighted" as in I can see better far away then close up.
12-13-2009, 09:12 AM   #30

I'm wearing glasses all the time. My sharp view of vision without aid stops after 10 cm.

I don't like pooking in my eyes so lenses is not an option for me.

Some day when laser surgery is safe enough in my book I might consider it. I don't fancy the idea 1/1000 getting a permanent tripple vision