Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Copenhagen Climate Summit

1,200 limos and 140 private jets. $5 says half of them left the heat turned up back home too. Limos had to be imported for the conference. I'm so glad I redid my weatherstripping last summer to save the world.

Copenhagen climate summit: 1,200 limos, 140 private planes and caviar wedges - Telegraph

12-07-2009, 02:33 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Phil1 Quote
1,200 limos and 140 private jets. $5 says half of them left the heat turned up back home too. Limos had to be imported for the conference. I'm so glad I redid my weatherstripping last summer to save the world.

Copenhagen climate summit: 1,200 limos, 140 private planes and caviar wedges - Telegraph
Gods know you flip out if anyone ever suggests that mass quantities of SUV's might somehow be impractical enough to bankrupt the auto industry, then you say... What, about heads of state showing up in the bulletproof to actually do something about it?

Seriously, dude. You want us to identify with AIG execs who wlk away with billions for *failing,* and then you want to put the kibosh on energy and climate policy cause *now* you want world leaders to show up in a Chevette?

Gimme a break.
12-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #3
Banned

Hookers & Blow are cheaper than caviar and a lot more fun!

Beets!
12-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #4
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by VaughnA Quote
Hookers & Blow are cheaper than caviar and a lot more fun!

Beets!
But did you ever get an incurable disease from caviar?

12-07-2009, 03:03 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
The limos are rented and hardly bulletproof, the private jets are borrowed, rented and leased. I do know that Denmark and Copenhagen have no commercial airports or taxis. I do believe in bad SUVs, politicans, the Global Warming industry and demagogary. I do hope they do something about that sometime down the road while I am saving gas and traveling less.
12-07-2009, 03:10 PM   #6
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Nope, you?
12-07-2009, 03:16 PM   #7
Pentaxian

If I did, the rich people whose party I crashed would never admit it. Probably say I made it up.

In actuality, caviar's not that impressive. May have once tasted like something in particular, but in an overstimulated world, we're kind of past that, and it's all about 'You can't have this.'

Not *bad,* and any salmonella or E Coli infections would surely be secondary, but, it's not actually all it's cracked up to be. work any ritzy jobs, you see it comes out of cans. A couple occasions I've worked, you'd be sitting with the bar staff putting it on tortillas and wondering what the big deal is. As a general rule, if they think 'caviar' is a big deal, they also don't think the help need feeding.
12-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #8
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
If I did, the rich people whose party I crashed would never admit it. Probably say I made it up.

In actuality, caviar's not that impressive. May have once tasted like something in particular, but in an overstimulated world, we're kind of past that, and it's all about 'You can't have this.'

Not *bad,* and any salmonella or E Coli infections would surely be secondary, but, it's not actually all it's cracked up to be. work any ritzy jobs, you see it comes out of cans.
Well we agree on something anyway. Back when I worked as a chef's assistant in NYC I used a lot of it. Just didn't really see what all the brouha was about. Just never felt the flavor was worth killing all those fishies for.

Have to say though I sure do miss the money that job paid.

12-07-2009, 03:31 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Well we agree on something anyway. Back when I worked as a chef's assistant in NYC I used a lot of it. Just didn't really see what all the brouha was about. Just never felt the flavor was worth killing all those fishies for.

Can't say I do, myself. If they were hiring me, they'd be dropping large on any caterer that said 'Caviar' and giving me a hard time for weeks on end if I didn't organize the whole wedding feast while accounting for the wishes of multiple MOB and or MOG's while they micromanaged the whole feast into major meltdowns.

Expectations, dude.

'Cowan' people choose weddings, if they didn't do it on the last winter holiday, to *flip out* and then blame the photog if she can't steer two families of abusive drunks through what's on her to both manage and make to look like an occasion of great joyousness and harmony for the ages. Or else.

That's one thing I'm well and truly out of. When people say something about 'Sanctity of marriage,' as regards me not wanting to be like that? Forget about it. Been there, done that, undercut Bacharach by ten times on the price of an album. With a smile.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 12-07-2009 at 03:38 PM.
12-07-2009, 03:35 PM   #10
graphicgr8s

Can't say I do, myself. If they were hiring me, they'd be dropping large on any caterer that said 'Caviar' and giving me a hard time for weeks on end if I didn't organize the whole wedding feast while accounting for the wishes of multiple MOB and or MOG's while they micromanaged the whole feast into major meltdowns.

Expectations, dude.

'Cowan' people choose weddings, if they didn't do it on the last winter holiday, to *flip out* and then blame the photog if she can't steer two families of abusive drunks through what's on her to both manage and look like an occasion of great joyousness and harmony for the ages. Or else.

That's one thing I'm well and truly out of. When people say something about 'Sanctity of marriage,' as regards me not wanting to be like that? Forget about it. Been there, done that, undercut Bacharach by ten times on the price of an album. With a smile.

What?

I (and probably most of those reading) have no idea what in tarnation you are saying, or trying to say here.
12-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #11
Pentaxian

What?

I (and probably most of those reading) have no idea what in tarnation you are saying, or trying to say here.
Well, ignore the 'tarnation.' Think of being an underpaid wedding photog eating the canned 'caviar' after people staged a much bigger production than you were paid to manage... When the pressure detonated about a half hour before... And suddenly it's on you, to not just help your employers get through the night, but make sure they have pretty negs in the morning.

Wedding photogs burn out all the time. If you don't love people to begin with, you just do not make it. Frankly, it seems to require more cynicism than I care to entertain to even negotiate a good price for most 'traditional' weddings.

When the same people come after my family and my civil rights, on some notion "there's a 'sanctity' of marriage, you lackey...."

I say, 'Goddess gentle and strong, I've *shot* your weddings."

Ate the canned caviar (leftovers) Known someone got paid more for calling it 'caviar' than I'll go home with once I get the proofs and albums and repairs done and out.

Borne the *burden* of giving people who seem hell bent on ruining their own evening something they can look at in the morning. And take onward.

Anyone who's shot weddings should know they're messed-up.

Someone like me, to whom you'd deny even civil marriage to, ends up... Hoping the MOB going ballistic isn't what people remember.

You have to love people...warts and fits and Gods-know whatever twitches and all, to do that for long.

Also the best argument for a leaf shutter ever. You're dealing with people at their worst, and it's on you to both keep the whole thing from degenerating, but have what comes back from the lab look like their best.

These moments are often quite fleeting, even if they'll spend much more trying to say they're 'good' for blaming you, if you ever speak for your own life. Your own right to *have* even the humblest wedding, while they strut about having paid more for 'caviar' than the whole responsibility for giving them some 'sanctity' to remember when the hangover fades.

Dig?

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 12-07-2009 at 04:00 PM.
12-07-2009, 05:14 PM   #12
graphicgr8s

RML what does your post have to do with any part of this thread?

QuoteQuote:
Here we go. [plays a steady rhythmic riff] Hey, this guy's good. [sings] "Well, I'm ramblin', ramblin' 'round, I'm a ramblin' guy, I'm ramblin', oh, yes, oh, yes!" [whistles poorly, shrugs, speaks] Free to get in. [sings] "I'm a ramblin' guy - R-A-M-B-L-I-N apostrophe, oh yes, I'm ramblin' -- Ramblin' to New York City, N-Y-C! Rent a car, get a hotel, for only two hundred dollars a day. Oh, yes." [speaks] Okay, everybody! "I'm a ram--" Come on! Sing with me! Come on, have some fun, come on! "Ramblin' ..." Are you people uptight or somethin'? You can't sing along--? Oh, I forgot... New York. [applause, keeps playing] Okay! All right, ladies only! "Oh, look! A ramblin' guy!" Come on! Okay, this half of the room! Beautiful! Now this half! Good, good! All right, two fifths! Now, three-fifths! Good. Seven-ninths! Two-ninths. All right, in Chinese now! [sings Chinese gibberish, then sings in English:] "Well, I'm ramblin', ramblin', ramblin', ramblin', ramblin', ramblin', ramblin', ramblin'! Ram! Mah! BLINNNN!" [suddenly launches into a long, snappy, complex banjo instrumental, smiles and raises eyebrows at audience, stops, takes a fake arrow-through-the-head prop from the stool and puts it on] I like to keep the laughs rolling even while I'm playing. [finishes banjo tune triumphantly] Heyyyy! [applause]
12-07-2009, 05:26 PM   #13
Pentaxian

RML what does your post have to do with any part of this thread?
Addressing things I was called upon by means of some ill-directed ad-hominem stuff?

In the words of the 'Handbook for the newly Deceased,'

What would you like to do now?

Supose I wasn't here to prickle your conscience and be in the way of your ideology:

What happens now? Speak it.

Say it were possible for me to 'just go away.'

What's the plan *then,* big guy?
12-07-2009, 05:28 PM   #14
graphicgr8s

Addressing things I was called upon by means of some ill-directed ad-hominem stuff?

In the words of the 'Handbook for the newly Deceased,'

Supose I wasn't here to prickle your conscience and be in the way of your ideology:

What happens now? Speak it.
What? All I did was say we agreed on something and that begets one of your pointless rants?

QuoteQuote:

12-07-2009, 08:33 PM   #15
Pentaxian

What would you like to do now? Assuming I accede to all you say about me.

What's the plan, big guy?

Speak it, Captain Alpha Male. On the Internet.

Speak it.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 12-07-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Closed Thread