Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2007, 06:25 PM   #1
Ed in GA

B & H Photo

I bought my K100D last September from one of the local dealers. A little bit more research and I would have probably purchased it on-line fromn B & H or one of the other mail order houses.

I have since purchase two lens and a bunch of accessories from B & H.

Now, I don't remember signing up for a catalogue but about every three months, or so, a new B & H cataloge shows up. On Saturday, I opened the mailbox to find a huge, 700+ page "Digital Photography Source Book". You wanna talk about the ultimate wish book, then this is it.

I can't help but wonder, does B & H send catalogues to everyone who makes a purchase from them? Or, do you have to pass a certain dollar amount in purchases to be put on the mailing list?

Either way, it's a great catalogue and has anything/everything I could possibly need (there's that "need" word again.)

Anyone else getting these frequent catalogues from B & H ?

Ed

06-12-2007, 06:40 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I have never made a purchase but I too received the aforementioned tome recently. (I made an inquiry but never consummated the transaction.) Then, the next day, my copy of "shutterbug" arrived. I'm in heaven for a few days.
06-12-2007, 07:01 PM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by EddyinGA Quote

Anyone else getting these frequent catalogues from B & H ?

Ed
I get them. I get quite a rush when it arrives. I love the sound it makes when I drop it on the table. Unfortunately this time the catalogue arrived the same time as our credit card statement. :ugh:
06-12-2007, 08:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hmmm, i've bought a few items from them, but have not recd a catalogue........yet

06-12-2007, 10:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

when I buy something from them, I get a catalog, then it stops after a while. then you just get it again when you buy something. I rather enjoy them, they come about 2-4 times per year.
06-13-2007, 07:46 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
Hmmm, i've bought a few items from them, but have not recd a catalogue........yet
Same here.
06-13-2007, 09:08 AM   #7

Catalogues a-plenty!!!

Yeah, I get them as well. I'm trying to find the best deal on a K10D and have spoken with that firm once about this. Called back to do the deal, but got a different salesman and am having to start all over again with building the deal. They are better than all of those other guys, though, who can steal your wallet right out of your trousers over the internet..........

FLASH

06-13-2007, 10:17 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've only purchased camera accessories and supplies from them, but I've gotten two B&H catalogues so far. I'm not sure what their criteria are, but I love to flip through the catalogues so I hope I keep getting them. My latest one is sitting on top of my magazines in the bathroom.
06-13-2007, 07:44 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I never signed up for the catalogue (intentionally) but I purchased off them online from Australia and every 3 months I receive a catalogue.. must cost a bit sending it to me in Australia???
07-05-2007, 11:31 AM   #10
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by EddyinGA:
Either way, it's a great catalogue and has anything/everything I could possibly need (there's that "need" word again.)
We're really glad you like them. We send our "regular " catalogue quarterly these days. Used to be monthly, but now it's bigger and in color and the website makes up for interim changes.

The really big book is one of the SourceBooks. These are genre-specific for digital, or lighting or whatever. They're published less frequently and are meant as reference works more than the smaller books.

Either way, we're glad you like 'em.
07-05-2007, 11:40 AM   #11
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by henryp Quote
We're really glad you like them. We send our "regular " catalogue quarterly these days. Used to be monthly, but now it's bigger and in color and the website makes up for interim changes.

The really big book is one of the SourceBooks. These are genre-specific for digital, or lighting or whatever. They're published less frequently and are meant as reference works more than the smaller books.

Either way, we're glad you like 'em.

Henry, I'm very pleased to get your catalogues. Your company is certainly unique these days in the fact that you think enough of your customers to mail these catalogues.

My business with your company has been nothing but a pleasure.

Also. Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post. Hope to see you here frequently.

Ed
07-05-2007, 09:20 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wethphotography Quote
I get them. I get quite a rush when it arrives. I love the sound it makes when I drop it on the table. Unfortunately this time the catalogue arrived the same time as our credit card statement. :ugh:
Wow, that must've been a damper.
07-06-2007, 08:17 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by EddyinGA Quote
Now, I don't remember signing up for a catalogue but about every three months, or so, a new B & H cataloge shows up.

Hey, consider yourself lucky. I've been buying from B&H for years and have never received a catalog (in spite of requesting them several times, including just a few minutes ago). In fact, the only time I've ever seen a B&H catalog was when my wife was given a handful of various catalogs (along with other trade show paraphernalia - ink pens, etc) at the B&H booth during a military technology trade show in Heidelberg a few months ago. However, did have a very enjoyable conversation with the guys at that booth.

stewart

Last edited by stewart_photo; 07-06-2007 at 08:29 AM. Reason: spelling with minor editing.
07-09-2007, 07:23 AM   #14
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by stewart_photo:
Hey, consider yourself lucky. I've been buying from B&H for years and have never received a catalog (in spite of requesting them several times, including just a few minutes ago).
I see from your forum profile you're in Europe. It's possible your country's import folks or Customs held them. I don't know. I do know we honor all requests. I also know our catalogues, including out-of-print editions, are online in pdf form at Request a B&H Catalog
07-09-2007, 04:43 PM   #15
Veteran Member

The address I'm using is not subject to export/import procedures or direct customs control. Anyway, no big deal. I can always order off the website. I just thought it would be nice to have something tangible to flip through for ideas.

stewart