Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What is up with KEH?

Has anyone tried visiting KEH recently?

Someone sold them a bill of goods in regards to a Web site redesign and now they have a nearly useless storefront! It is so unbelievably slow to do anything that I simply don't have the time to hang around and wait for it to load like I was on a 400 baud modem or something.

Is it just me? Is anyone else seeing these amazingly slow load times for this site?

Gosh, I'd think KEH would be setting fire to their Webmaster to get this fixed!

Too bad

12-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Painfully Slow!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by germar Quote
Has anyone tried visiting KEH recently?

Someone sold them a bill of goods in regards to a Web site redesign and now they have a nearly useless storefront! It is so unbelievably slow to do anything that I simply don't have the time to hang around and wait for it to load like I was on a 400 baud modem or something.

Is it just me? Is anyone else seeing these amazingly slow load times for this site?

Gosh, I'd think KEH would be setting fire to their Webmaster to get this fixed!

Too bad
Yes, I find the new site to be painfully slow. Not much of an upgrade, was it?
12-09-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
KEH was always slow for me... I don't know why. The new site is as slow as the old one, but less navigable. Certainly a disappointment to me.
12-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
As an update, I tried to send them feedback though their "contact us" form to complain about the slow response .... and the form hung when I hit the submit button! So my message never got there!

J E E P E R S !

12-09-2009, 01:11 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think they may have gotten "attacked" and haven't said anything. Adorama got attacked but were successful in fighting it off etc. KEH was offline for over 2 weeks.
12-09-2009, 01:23 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
KEH sent out a customer note via email and informed us about their problems with the new website. I hoped, the problems would be solved in the mean time, but that does not seem to be the case. At the end of the day, they lose money and future business with any day, this situation persists.

Ben
12-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #7
Ole
Administrator

Same experience - it is so slow as to be virtually useless. I did let them know - never heard back. Hopefully because they are busy fixing the site...
12-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #8
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ben_Edict Quote
KEH sent out a customer note via email and informed us about their problems with the new website. I hoped, the problems would be solved in the mean time, but that does not seem to be the case. At the end of the day, they lose money and future business with any day, this situation persists.

Ben
That email was sent out after they got their site back up after over 2 weeks of completely down. Since then it has been hit or miss.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
Same experience - it is so slow as to be virtually useless. I did let them know - never heard back. Hopefully because they are busy fixing the site...
They have had to be taking it on the chin the past 4 or 5 weeks.

12-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #9
Pentaxian

There were some notable improvements, there, though I haven't been back this month. Like the ability to make a 'wish list' of things like minor doodads you usually don't want to take the time to hunt up if you want to punce on a particular lens. I've lamented in the past that they've lost all manner of sales with me for precisely the same reason. The new scheme hasn't looked perfect, (Search? Bent.) ... but it did seem an improvement, even if they have some funny and apparently meaningless clicks to get into their various 'stores' ...at least if you found something you could record it. Not paying minimum shipping on a filter or lens hood, I'll tell you this.
12-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ben_Edict Quote

Ben
I received that email as well. I have no idea of why their current site is slow but I don't care. I've had excellent luck with them and will continue to buy gear from them regardless of their web site. Look at it this way; their current site is still a lot faster and more current than their catalogs.
12-09-2009, 04:32 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by B Grace Quote
I received that email as well. I have no idea of why their current site is slow but I don't care. I've had excellent luck with them and will continue to buy gear from them regardless of their web site. Look at it this way; their current site is still a lot faster and more current than their catalogs.
Well, hey, whattya want?

I'm actually quite pleased with their end of my last purchase, (somehow I didn't get the site upgrade at the time, or figure out they'd changed it) ...Previously, I'd heard tales of KEH rating really nice stuff as 'EX,' but never experienced it personally...till this last purchase. Got something that quirkily passes for an 'event zoom' (me Sigma 28-105 2.8-4: please, Pentax, make this lens. ) After much shopping, I spotted this and pounced.

Is what it is, but absosmurfly cherry. Hundred bucks.

My Nikonian friend (stephen Colbert pointing) says I had some KEH karma coming. I think their deal is, they deal squarely, but in some haste.
12-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #12
Veteran Member

i made an order at their site right after they had upgraded their site.
i had to make an account first and try numerous times before i could have it processed. it's like they don't want business or something. then they sent me an e-mail asking for feedback but the site for feedback was down as well. at least the equipment i ordered was in good shape

and they don't have a toll free number either which sucks
12-09-2009, 11:12 PM   #13
Veteran Member

I just took a look on it, and it seems fine to me. A little slower than the average site but really not all that bad.
So with a little luck they've fixed it.
12-10-2009, 03:59 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
The less of you that shop at KEH, the better for me.
Then I can have all those pristine BGN condition lenses for myself!
Good luck with that; BGN isn't what it used to be.
12-10-2009, 08:33 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Alright spill it! Which one of you managed to snag that EX Vivitar Series 1 105/2.5 during the KEH webstore hold up.