Photos: Gallery
Day 1

Nearly 20 lbs later

12-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #17
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
This is a thread for unmitigated cheer and happy thoughts.

Like... Kitties, and happy bunnies.

Let's see how we do.
Happy thoughts Ratlady? Kitties and Bunnies, but not a mention of handsome Squirrels.......Just another slam of these furry little creatures by the Pagan world, and just a veiled attempt to harass me and my Squirrels. I thought it was strange last week when you defended this guy as not being as ugly as I said he was......no wonder, he is another vicious killer...you are probably good buddies?

As for "Happy Thoughts".......I guess you are as happy as Mr Kitty was here when he murdered Skippy Squirrel? If this is the basis of your Pagan Religion, I want no part of it!

Regards
Rupert

BTW-Does this coat make Mama Festus look too fat?

Last edited by Rupert; 12-12-2009 at 08:01 PM. Reason: add image
12-13-2009, 07:00 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Mr. Kitty is a bad Kitty! Our old cat was a hunter, and we think someone poisoned her so we just have indoor cats now. This is Peanut the bad one.

12-13-2009, 08:33 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Schweppes nodding off

Nothing better than sleepy kittens for lens testing! This is Schweppes taken with the Vivitar 28mm [K01] at f/2.8.

Schweppes wants birdies!

This with the ever-wonderful cat portrait lens, the FA77.

12-14-2009, 12:46 PM   #20

Wow. What a stunning picture. Now added to the LBA-queue: FA77.
12-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by thomascdk Quote
Wow. What a stunning picture. Now added to the LBA-queue: FA77.

Oh, yeah. Lookit those kitty eyes.

Here's me far-less-impressively tooling around with a thirty-five dollar zoom lens that arrived today.

But birdies. For kitties to look at.
12-14-2009, 05:04 PM   #22
Veteran Member

I figured the Ratlady would have the guts to tell Mama Festus her butt was fat, but I guess not...after already offending handsome Squirrels, I guess she is avoiding a Festus confrontation? Can't say I blame her, that Carolina guy went without internet service for two months the last time he got crossways with Festus.....finally got it up and running then his computer crashed. They said it was not a virus that got it, but a Squirrel....go figure! He is much more careful of his words now......no kidding.
Regards!

12-14-2009, 08:44 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
She looks lovely, Rupert.

Besides, I have rodentey friends, too.

12-14-2009, 09:04 PM   #24
Veteran Member

What a cute little Squirrel! Mama Festus thanks you for the compliment, and Festus sends his regards also, he is very defensive of his Mama, so you were very wise Ratlady, and I do appreciate it!
Rupert
12-14-2009, 11:40 PM   #25
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Dude...that ain't corn.
12-15-2009, 07:36 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Nope, it ain't corn.....but Squirrels are not limited to corn. They like walnuts, peanuts, pecans, or othere nuts and seeds.....like sunflower or pumkin seeds.
They also have an insatiable craving for house trim boards, phone wiring, electrical power transformers and automoblie harness wiring. And if you stick your finger out at them, in particular the long middle one, they even become carnivorous.
I once heard a loud explosion out front and went to check it out........apparently the sweet aroma of some exotic nut or fruit was in the tread of one of my tires and a Squirrel had been trying to get at it for a while.....ate right through the rubber. He was OK, but dazed and spinning in circles like maybe he had suffered brain damage.....That was an almost new $200 tire, but the warranty did cover it....road hazard warranty, glad I had it! No longer happens around here, I keep them fed twice a day and they seldom leave the feeders to do damage elsewhere....although they do enjoy visiting the neighbors "Squirrel-Proof" feeders for the fun of crashing them. Squirrel-Proof feeders.....a true oxymoron if there ever was one.
Regards!
12-15-2009, 07:41 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Years ago my best friend's wife rescued an orphaned baby squirrrel and thy raised it as an indoor pet. He said it loved to eat Dorritos; and also loved to run long his arm when he extended it.... It was a well fed fat pet they both enjoyed.......
12-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #28
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by res3567 Quote
Years ago my best friend's wife rescued an orphaned baby squirrrel and thy raised it as an indoor pet. He said it loved to eat Dorritos; and also loved to run long his arm when he extended it.... It was a well fed fat pet they both enjoyed.......
Don't you really mean a well fed bushy tailed fat RAT?
12-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Don't you really mean a well fed bushy tailed fat RAT?
No, I think he had it right. I can see where you might have rats or tiny mice on your mind, after all Bobby Jindal could easily be a Junior Mousketeer, but a Squirrel like Festus .........well he is no rat or tiny mouse, and he has the gonads to prove it.
12-15-2009, 10:33 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Rats tails aint bushy Graphic. No hair on em whatsoever. They are the same lenght as the body, kinda like a squirrel, but a rats tail is way different.
We talkin bilogy here RIGHT SIR?