Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2009, 11:11 AM   #61
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Since the point I was making had nothing to do with "feelings", American Football, or your personal standards of macho behaviour, I'd say you've completely missed any and all points I was trying to make. Have fun with your limited world view!

(Not the same as a Limited world view, BTW. That I fully subscribe to.)
I missed your point because you didn't have one...you just rambled on about how you are superior to the pack of wolves here. Stick that Pacifier in your mouth and stand in the corner until your Momma comes home to tuck you in your cozy crib. Hardball is played here, they have children's sites over on Romper Room..........everyone is PC there.
Regards

12-17-2009, 06:27 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yorkie waits for a nice owner

Aww, that doggie wouldn't have to ask twice at *our* doorstep, let me tell you. Nor many others, I suspect.

D.Bradley has a very good point, though. When I think of volunteering at shelters, I'm always thinking of cleaning cages and such, ...of all things I never thought to just do the photography, if nothing else.

This is a glaringly-obvious thing I missed. I will see about doing this forthwith.
12-17-2009, 09:39 PM   #63
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Ratlady, you didn't say it was limited to just Doggies and Kittens.....so this is what warms my heart even on the coldest of days. Her Mom is the cook where I eat lunch every day, and this little Dolly eats lunch with me every day as she waits for her Mommy to get off work. Three years old, and all joy and smiles. Whatever she wants I get it, whatever she needs I get it, anything at all, I get it....(Roy Orbison...I miss him!)
We have Chokit Milk, M&M's, Coloring Books, Story Books, Baby Dolls.....we have fun...every day of the week for about 30-45 minutes until her Mom gets off work. So no matter how bleak things look in this world, around noon every day I leave with a smile and a better outlook on life....Not a kitten or a Doggie, but what a little Dolly!

Pretty in Pink!

Regards
Rupert
12-17-2009, 10:05 PM   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
She is a betifull little girl Rupert! Glad she brings joy to your life as this world has enough situations to stress out any living being..........

12-18-2009, 07:04 AM   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Aww, that doggie wouldn't have to ask twice at *our* doorstep, let me tell you. Nor many others, I suspect.
The Limerick Animal Shelter has a good rate of adoption and simply the best facilities I have ever seen. Our family volunteered there over the summer and would do so more if it wasn't an hour away. I have done what I can to support their activities... and taking photos is definitely one way!

Oh, and we adopted two cats. Or as they say, they adopted us.
12-18-2009, 08:20 AM   #66
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Indeed, though, Rupert, this thread is just for what'd I say, unmitigated good cheer and happy thoughts, ..it just happened to take a 'cute animals' direction, which is OK with me, too.

Sounds like a good shelter, Rparmar: there are a lot of good, if overburdened ones, over here. We'd have a couple of kitties by now if my sweetie weren't allergic. (Our lease says 'no pets,' but I think our landlord would be OK with it if we asked at this point. ) We're planning on adopting an older doggie once there's fewer moves ahead of us. They tend to be a bit harder to place, but I think they deserve it, and also, someone I can keep up with would be a good idea. I'm sure a puppy would exhaust me on a regular basis.
12-18-2009, 06:28 PM   #67
Veteran Member

The Limerick Animal Shelter has a good rate of adoption and simply the best facilities I have ever seen. Our family volunteered there over the summer and would do so more if it wasn't an hour away. I have done what I can to support their activities... and taking photos is definitely one way!

Oh, and we adopted two cats. Or as they say, they adopted us.
To take a page from "Cabin Pressure"

---------
Or, as they say in limerick:

The Limerick Animal Shelter
Rescues pets from the helter and skelter
A high rate of adoption
Is the number one option
To avoid the long trip to the smelter.
---------