Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2009, 04:36 PM   #1

My accound on deviant art

Hey folks, after receiving my first camera ever, K-x I decided to upload some photos. As i've just started to learn photography please let me know how you guys like my pictures Photography is amazingly addictive and my passion for it is growing at an alarming rate haha

Thanks

updated to Pentax Forum - Post Your Shots Page
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/83065-macro-my-first-pho...-you-like.html

deviant art
boodiespost on deviantART

Last edited by boodiespost; 12-12-2009 at 10:57 AM.
12-11-2009, 06:55 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Good pics. Take more and upload them directly to the photo critique section of this forum.... You will get good critism and advice on why your pics work or not.
12-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by res3567 Quote
Good pics. Take more and upload them directly to the photo critique section of this forum.... You will get good critism and advice on why your pics work or not.
hey, will do!
12-11-2009, 07:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Wow the level of new Pentaxians lately and the new threads and posts about "My new K-x" and "My first DSLR" is very high, The K-x is probably going to be the "D40" of this generation.

12-11-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
Igilligan

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Wow the level of new Pentaxians lately and the new threads and posts about "My new K-x" and "My first DSLR" is very high, The K-x is probably going to be the "D40" of this generation.
That is a great analogy and Hoya can only hope the Kx is the D40 of this generation of bodies.

The d40 opened the door to a generation of film slr and digital point and shooters. The Kx could kick that door down. If only someone could get their hands on one.

That is the real difference between the D40 in it's day and the Kx today, at least in the US. The D40 was in every retail outlet. Even in the office supply stores and computer stores. I think I remember them in the 7-11's.

It is the Christmas shopping season and there are approximately 8 actual stores in the US where you can touch one.

I do hope the Kx is this generations D40, if so the future of Hoya/Pentax is very bright.
12-11-2009, 08:34 PM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll third that notion.
The K-x has made BIG waves in Australia - and it has hardly even been marketed! The K-7 keeps appearing as big one page ads on all the big photo mags and national newspapers, but the K-x is the one selling in a big way at the moment.

Oh, and good start boodiespost - look forward to seeing your photos develop with time.
12-11-2009, 09:21 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thank you Ash, also to let you guys know, I am not sure about others as I am the only one with the K-x that I know, personally. But the white just took me by surprise. The color white that is. I've never seen anything like it and i fell in love with it almost at first sight ^^ I was truly glad that the myriad reviews matched it's beauty. If it was a crappy camera, I would definitely not have bought it. I'm also glad this Pentax family here are so nice and attentive to each and every question from us newbie budding photographers.

Thank you and Merry Christmas you all!

ps - any critique on my pictures would be appreciated, as a lot of you do not have a deviantart account, i posted them on Post Photos forum here for the critique.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/83065-macro-my-first-pho...-you-like.html

Last edited by boodiespost; 12-11-2009 at 09:28 PM.
12-12-2009, 06:16 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boodiespost Quote
Thank you Ash, also to let you guys know, I am not sure about others as I am the only one with the K-x that I know, personally. But the white just took me by surprise. The color white that is. I've never seen anything like it and i fell in love with it almost at first sight ^^ I was truly glad that the myriad reviews matched it's beauty. If it was a crappy camera, I would definitely not have bought it. I'm also glad this Pentax family here are so nice and attentive to each and every question from us newbie budding photographers.

Thank you and Merry Christmas you all!

ps - any critique on my pictures would be appreciated, as a lot of you do not have a deviantart account, i posted them on Post Photos forum here for the critique.

Go to the DSLR section of this forum as well and read reviews and coments about other users. When you want to spread your wings with new or old lenses, go the the SLR lens forum. You have come to the right place for THE ULTIMITE IN PENTAX SUPPORT with your your new K-x!
12-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #9

Original Poster
oh, yes i've been runnin up and down this whole forum like a kid on Christmas day for the past week ^^
12-13-2009, 10:20 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boodiespost Quote
oh, yes i've been runnin up and down this whole forum like a kid on Christmas day for the past week ^^
Merry Christmas to ya!
« What if... | xPhone »