Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Roku Users....there is now a Flickr Channel via Roku

I spent a half-half hour getting to know how it works via the Roku box and it's not bad. I can access a general bunch of images, some sort of tag related search, my own shots/groups/sets...it's just images and not the discussions or anything.

On short coming is images are not well scaled. In fact I am not sure there is any scaling at all. But for right out of the chute it's not a bad effort. something different and also an interesting option for sharing your shots with clients or friends or whatever. Just needs some sort of internet connection wherever you take the box. And it is all just a bonus for me because I bought the Roku box just to view Netflix and the occasional Amazon On Demand video...and got rid of cable. Nice to have that extra $100/mo back in my pocket.

If you use a Roku device for Netflix, MLB, Amazon Prime there are new channel options and one is Flickr and it's not horrible.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
amazon, box, channel, flickr, images, netflix, roku, sort