Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2009, 02:26 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
And a Merry Capitalist Christmas to all!
My irony meter just pinned.

And I got the industrial-grade one, with the expanded scale, years ago, too.

12-14-2009, 02:43 PM   #32
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
My irony meter just pinned.

And I got the industrial-grade one, with the expanded scale, years ago, too.
....... .......

12-14-2009, 03:01 PM   #33
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
And what would happen then? I'd start insulting myself and blaming Obama for everything?

Yaknow, maybe call it 'merriment?'
Why can't we all get along? To get along according to you libs is we just have to give up all our beliefs and join you. Well how about to get along you give up all yours and join us? That would be the Right thing to do. Works for me.

Wait. Almost forgot you guys don't work.

Happy RamaHanakwanzMas
12-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #34
Veteran Member

I find it funny how majority rule is a capital crime when being politically correct, yet Bush's whole first term all you ever heard was how Al Gore had won the popular majority vote. So which is it? Is this really a matter of convienience playing the PC card? Maybe the presidential vote should go to the most disenfranchised group of voter(s) instead of the majority of electoral votes. I wonder what's going to happen when majorities are excluded from minority public events, maybe those waters should be tested.

12-14-2009, 03:26 PM   #35
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Das Boot Quote
I find it funny how majority rule is a capital crime when being politically correct, yet Bush's whole first term all you ever heard was how Al Gore had won the popular majority vote. So which is it? Is this really a matter of convienience playing the PC card? Maybe the presidential vote should go to the most disenfranchised group of voter(s) instead of the majority of electoral votes. I wonder what's going to happen when majorities are excluded from minority public events, maybe those waters should be tested.
Let me try and explain it, Boot.
If you acknowledge that people are all different and may have different needs and wants, then you are being unfair because everybody should be treated exactly the same.
If you don't acknowledge that people are different and may have different needs and wants, you are being unfair because everybody has the right to be treated as an individual.
Now do you understand?
12-14-2009, 03:38 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Yeah that's about as clear as mud. I have found that the loudest screamers for PC are a very small percentage of the total population that get their feelings hurt on a daily basis from the majority that don't accept them. Ironically, usually these people have a Darwin fish on the back of their car. Survival of the strongest and there's strength in numbers.
12-14-2009, 05:00 PM   #37
Inactive Account

Happy Festivus!!!

...And now we will have the airing of grievances followed by feats of strength.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8g4Ztf7hIM

Being PC is like picking up a turd from the clean end.

Happy Holiday of Your Choice, Persuasion, Desire, Hemisphere, Color, Date and Time Zone.

12-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #38
Veteran Member

It's Festivus for the rest of us!
12-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #39
Inactive Account

Perhaps we can eliminate winning and loosing in sports so no feelings are hurt, ever. All scores would be ties and the playoff participants would each get a participant trophy.

Maybe anyone finishing a school semester gets a C+ and all pass.

That would move us to equal wages, employed or not. Unlimited sick leave and universal medical care from the womb to the broom. Surely this is the pathway to excellence.

Maybe all wear the same uniform so as not to dwell of fashion cycles and save hurt feelings too. A red bandana around the neck comes to mind.

Maybe cancel the Christmas deal in favor of a Federal Day honoring gov't employees that do so much for themselves....er us.

Just suggesting for the the sake of diversity.
12-14-2009, 06:26 PM   #40
Veteran Member

No Federal Holidays at all.

No parades, fountains, fairs, display of artwork, streets named after people, public music events, parks or gardens.

All business signs will be black & white in a courier font. All buildings and homes painted grey.

Cars will be limited to the speed limit while in motion and all the pedals will be the same size (the brake pedal has always envious of the gas pedal's figure)

All cell phones will have the same features.

MP3 players will be banned until they can store every song ever made and even then you will only be able to listen to any one song once until all of them have been heard. You then can listen to a song a second time only until...

No swimming of any kind allowed - not everyone can swim.

English will be widdled down to a bare minimum of words and reading and writing will be outlawed because not everyone can.
12-14-2009, 06:27 PM   #41
graphicgr8s

No Federal Holidays at all.

No parades, fountains, fairs, display of artwork, streets named after people, public music events, parks or gardens.

All business signs will be black & white in a courier font. All buildings and homes painted grey.

Cars will be limited to the speed limit while in motion and all the pedals will be the same size (the brake pedal has always envious of the gas pedal's figure)

All cell phones will have the same features.

MP3 players will be banned until they can store every song ever made and even then you will only be able to listen to any one song once until all of them have been heard. You then can listen to a song a second time only until...

No swimming of any kind allowed - not everyone can swim.

English will be widdled down to a bare minimum of words and reading and writing will be outlawed because not everyone can.
Wasn't that the USSR?
12-14-2009, 06:44 PM   #42
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Wasn't that the USSR?
I thought it was California.
12-14-2009, 06:55 PM   #43
Veteran Member

No one will be allowed to life past 55.

There will be no jails.

Child molesters will be allowed to continue molesting children and people will not be allowed to interfere with them.

There will be no television, newspaper, internet, radio, movies, DVDs.

No discussion of opinion or emotion.
12-15-2009, 07:21 AM   #44
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I thought it was California.
Aren't they the same place?
12-15-2009, 08:20 AM   #45
Veteran Member

Yeah that's about as clear as mud. I have found that the loudest screamers for PC are a very small percentage of the total population that get their feelings hurt on a daily basis from the majority that don't accept them. Ironically, usually these people have a Darwin fish on the back of their car. Survival of the strongest and there's strength in numbers.
For better or worse the theory of natural selection no longer pertains to the human race. Problem is if the current societal structure ever fails (natural disaster , war ,a serious virus that renders all computers useless )there will be a whole lot of folks simply incapable of survival.
Closed Thread