Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2009, 08:56 AM   #61
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
No there are things that SHOULD be run by the government. Health care or health insurance isn't one of them.
Don't argue too much with Rupert, you might scare him off and I rather enjoy reading his posts. They give me hope that if I am ever involved in a terrible accident that leaves me brain dead I may still be able to type.

12-17-2009, 02:52 PM   #62
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Don't argue too much with Rupert, you might scare him off and I rather enjoy reading his posts. They give me hope that if I am ever involved in a terrible accident that leaves me brain dead I may still be able to type.
Uhhhh......haven't the Doctors told your family yet? You have been brain dead since birth, but everyone tries to humor you. If you are in a terrible accident, you probably won't know it, but they had better find your insurance card right away...people without insurance usually die while they decide how to dispose of the worthless body. Worthless because you had no insurance...or they thought you didn't. A brain dead guy like you will never know what happened, but your family will......Of course, being good Republicans they will never sue for negligence...will they?
Regards!
12-17-2009, 03:27 PM   #63
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Uhhhh......haven't the Doctors told your family yet? You have been brain dead since birth,................
Then how would I know whether or not they told my family?
Rupert, you're almost as much fun to argue with as RML.
12-17-2009, 03:59 PM   #64
Veteran Member

No there are things that SHOULD be run by the government. Health care or health insurance isn't one of them.
I fully disagree, here.

The point of insurance is *spreading risk.* The point of health care is *helping the sick.* (Better yet, keeping the people healthy and vigorous.)

Of all things, *profiting off illness* is adversarial, not only to human decency, but the very power source of capitalism itself.

People.

12-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #65
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Of all things, *profiting off illness* is adversarial, not only to human decency, but the very power source of capitalism itself.

People.
So then doctors, nurses, technicians, anybody who works in the health care industry should work for free? Maybe have some other full time paying job to put potatoes on the table and then donate their off time to clinics and hospitals.
12-17-2009, 06:27 PM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
So then doctors, nurses, technicians, anybody who works in the health care industry should work for free? Maybe have some other full time paying job to put potatoes on the table and then donate their off time to clinics and hospitals.
You don't understand the term "non-profit" do you? I've noticed there are lots of things you don't understand if common sense is required. Knee jerking is your best reaction to anything you don't comprehend....which covers most everything here. Like other right wing fruitloops I see here , more reading is recommended....if you can.
Regards
12-17-2009, 06:48 PM   #67
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
You don't understand the term "non-profit" do you? I've noticed there are lots of things you don't understand if common sense is required. Knee jerking is your best reaction to anything you don't comprehend....which covers most everything here. Like other right wing fruitloops I see here , more reading is recommended....if you can.
Regards
I had a nice answer thought out ready to go. Then I realized you have no idea how a non profit works. So I gave up.

12-17-2009, 07:38 PM   #68
Veteran Member

I had a nice answer thought out ready to go. Then I realized you have no idea how a non profit works. So I gave up.
Well, why don't you tell us, you have had plenty of time now to do a little research, because it is obvious you guys don't have a clue.....which is nothing new here.
Regards