Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2009, 10:25 AM   #16
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
We need peace keeping more than ever.
You're right, we do. And the first major step to that would be to abolish the U.N.

12-16-2009, 10:36 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Brilliant plan. I assume you'd want the U.S. Army to step in and take its place?
12-16-2009, 10:38 AM   #18
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Brilliant plan. I assume you'd want the U.S. Army to step in and take its place?
Actually, no. What I'm kind of hoping for is EVERYBODY will just stay home.
12-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Sorry, isolationism is completely retarded in today's global marketplace.

12-16-2009, 10:42 AM   #20
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry, isolationism is completely retarded in today's global marketplace.
Long term isolationism is. You are right, but I can't help think that a year or two might not smooth everything out a bit.
12-16-2009, 10:45 AM   #21
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sure they want to move the office to Halifax. I'd support that.

I'm not going to get drawn in to a debate on the wastfulness. I think it needs a serious reformation myself. Far too much $$ is wasted just pushing pencils. Plus they really need a leader with guts and a high energy profile. Someone who isn't scared to be turfed out by pushing forward.

But let me tell you, when you're sitting in a hotel, stuck on an island, the bomb explosions can be heard in the distance and there are jets overhead and tanks in the streets, you'd have a different view of Blue Berets. I was and am grateful. You quickly realize how powerless you are as a civilian.
12-16-2009, 10:48 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
So I see this post from RML. Before I read it I just took a wild guess that it would have some Bush bashing, some Right bashing some corporate bashing, and some more of how we should give money to the "poor". Then I read it. Sure enough, as usual I was Right.
That's no different from seeing one of your posts and know that you will be bashing Obama, et al. Why is it Ok for you, but not for someone else? Pot, meet Mr. Kettle.

12-16-2009, 10:51 AM   #23
graphicgr8s

Sure they want to move the office to Halifax. I'd support that.

I'm not going to get drawn in to a debate on the wastfulness. I think it needs a serious reformation myself. Far too much $$ is wasted just pushing pencils. Plus they really need a leader with guts and a high energy profile. Someone who isn't scared to be turfed out by pushing forward.

But let me tell you, when you're sitting in a hotel, stuck on an island, the bomb explosions can be heard in the distance and there are jets overhead and tanks in the streets, you'd have a different view of Blue Berets. I was and am grateful. You quickly realize how powerless you are as a civilian.
You mean like the people in the WTC? On an island?
12-16-2009, 10:52 AM   #24
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
That's no different from seeing one of your posts and know that you will be bashing Obama, et al. Why is it Ok for you, but not for someone else? Pot, meet Mr. Kettle.
Actually I have said nice things about the Obama.
12-16-2009, 10:56 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
You mean like the people in the WTC? On an island?
Mind filling in your halfassed connection re: what the utility of the UN has to do with the WTC attacks?
12-16-2009, 11:21 AM   #26
graphicgr8s

Mind filling in your halfassed connection re: what the utility of the UN has to do with the WTC attacks?
Was just connecting Peter in a hotel on an island.

Stuck in a building on an island? WTC on Manhattan Island? Explosions?
12-16-2009, 11:33 AM   #27
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
George that's almost offensive. The UN couldn't possibly stop what happened on 911. The 2 events (Cyprus in 1974 and the WTC) are in no way connected and happened for entirely different reasons. One is historical and what we would call conventional warfare. The other was the US training a terrorist to defeat the Russians and then stupidly thinking he would go back to knitting after the job was done. The UN had nothing to do with it and no way to prevent it.
12-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #28
graphicgr8s

George that's almost offensive. The UN couldn't possibly stop what happened on 911. The 2 events (Cyprus in 1974 and the WTC) are in no way connected and happened for entirely different reasons. One is historical and what we would call conventional warfare. The other was the US training a terrorist to defeat the Russians and then stupidly thinking he would go back to knitting after the job was done. The UN had nothing to do with it and no way to prevent it.
Peter wasn't referring to UN at all really. Just you, the island, the hotel, the explosions. Wasn't meant to be offensive at all. Sorry.

The UN couldn't have stopped it. But Slick Willy could have prevented it.
12-16-2009, 11:37 AM   #29
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Peter, he wasn't making any connection between the U.N. and the WTC. The analogy was merely you being helpless on an island, and those in the WTC being in the same predicament.
12-16-2009, 11:38 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Peter, he wasn't making any connection between the U.N. and the WTC. The analogy was merely you being helpless on an island, and those in the WTC being in the same predicament.
But how is that in any way germane to the thread?

A: It's not, and he's said as much. Let's move on.