Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2009, 11:56 AM   #46
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
As long as the rain doesn't start when there is still some snow on the ground, all should be fine.

JP
Oh there's still tons of snow on the ground. I had dig out today trying to get out of the driveway to go to work (eldest didn't pull forward enough to give me room to get out between the snowwalls and trying to manoever I got stuck in one of the banks). It's not going away soon.

Honestly I hope they're wrong and it's colder than what they say it will be and we get dumped on again.

12-23-2009, 06:56 PM   #47
mel
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Are you referring to the ice storm of about ten years ago? That wreaked havoc, knocking out unprecedented numbers of overhead power lines.
New Yorkers are grateful to crews who came here from all over to help restore power.

Fortunately that was a rare event; the only occurence I can remember.
However the NY Metro Area is quite used to snow and has always been well-equipped to handle it, even in large amounts.

Chris
I think this is the point that those of us in the DC area are trying to make. For HERE, this amount of snow all at once is an unprecidented and rare event.

I'm originally from Seattle and have lots of friends there still. Last summer they dealt with temperatures that are routine for places like Texas and other southern states. But because they are unprecidented and rare, they were ill-prepared to deal with them.

Personally though, I've enjoyed every minute of this snow, even digging myself out of the snowbank this morning. I kind of hope it happens again
12-23-2009, 08:46 PM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Leaf Fan Quote
What part of La Belle Province is that?
That is in Rivière du Loup, on the St Lawrence south shore, roughly 2 hours East of Quebec City.
So, we got between 30-40cm during the past 36 hours, not sure how much exactly.

JP
12-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Oh there's still tons of snow on the ground. I had dig out today trying to get out of the driveway to go to work (eldest didn't pull forward enough to give me room to get out between the snowwalls and trying to manoever I got stuck in one of the banks). It's not going away soon.

Honestly I hope they're wrong and it's colder than what they say it will be and we get dumped on again.
Next time, get the eldest to shovel the stuff! He'll (she?) probably go ...:
Make the best out of it: get your cameras out, take some crazy shots, get back inside and curl up in a warm blanket with a hot drink.
Let us know if you can't cope with that and we'll send some help! (kidding)

Cheers!

JP

12-24-2009, 04:33 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Personally though, I've enjoyed every minute of this snow, even digging myself out of the snowbank this morning. I kind of hope it happens again
Well, since you enjoy it so much, if it does hit us again on Christmas please feel free to come to my place and shovel to your heart's content. I promise to give you all the hot chocolate (or beer - your choice) that you can drink.
12-24-2009, 08:17 AM   #51
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Well, since you enjoy it so much, if it does hit us again on Christmas please feel free to come to my place and shovel to your heart's content. I promise to give you all the hot chocolate (or beer - your choice) that you can drink.
Or you come to mine. I just spent the last two hours shoveling 6" of "white Christmas" that the wind had manged to turn into some pretty impressive drifts.
12-24-2009, 09:15 AM   #52
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
That is in Rivière du Loup, on the St Lawrence south shore, roughly 2 hours East of Quebec City.
So, we got between 30-40cm during the past 36 hours, not sure how much exactly.

JP
Good for skiing. Love skiing at Mont Sainte Anne.
Merry Christmas.