Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Snowball fights?

You'd never think you'd find me starting a "political" thread, but this is too funny, and too sad, at the same time:

Detective draws his gun during snowball fight

Basically a detective doesn't take kindly to a stray snowball hitting his Hummer (what a great and precious car, after all), and draws his gun...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
OHHHH NOOOOO!!!!! My Hummer is damaged by mischevious activity and I gotta take action the only way I know how!.............. No to the SNOW and those who THROW!!!!!!
12-22-2009, 08:25 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very amusing Adam.
And it came up on Australia's SMH newspaper?
12-22-2009, 08:40 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Nah, I saw it on the news (BBC) and grabbed the first link I could find to post here. The reporter chuckled as he told the story, too...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-22-2009, 09:10 PM   #5
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Good Lord! Desecration of a poor defenseless Hummer by snowball...... what is the world coming to? They were lucky he didn't shoot every one of them, or at least snowboard them half to death.....that's legal, isn't it?
Regards
12-23-2009, 08:09 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Good Lord! Desecration of a poor defenseless Hummer by snowball...... what is the world coming to? They were lucky he didn't shoot every one of them, or at least snowboard them half to death.....that's legal, isn't it?
Regards
I'm sure GWB took snowboarding off the list of illegal questioning techniques.
Does GWB even know what snow is? Does it ever snow in Crawford?
12-23-2009, 09:03 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I'm sure GWB took snowboarding off the list of illegal questioning techniques.
Does GWB even know what snow is? Does it ever snow in Crawford?
Seldom snows in Crawford, but George is not from Crawford, he is from New Haven Connecticut. He is not and never was a Texan, only in the minds of his fellow wingnuts that are also not Texans. He used Texas as a launching pad for his path from cocaine snorting alcoholic self to leader of the Free World....where he promptly tried to remove the "Free" from that world. He is mostly despised by the majority of Texans, and is a blight on the good people of this State. You don't see him out and about much in Texas...with good reason, he is not welcome at most places here, only where a gathering of fruitloops may be congregated to show off their Jackboots and salute the "Great Leader" with outstretched stiff arms. He claimed he was going to "mix among the people" when he retired, but then remembered those shoes in Baghdad and decided to hole up like his buddy Dickie Boy.
Regards!

12-23-2009, 06:17 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I guess no one ever told this guy that...
YOU DON'T BRING A GUN TO A SNOWBALL FIGHT!
Mike
12-24-2009, 07:27 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Seldom snows in Crawford, but George is not from Crawford, he is from New Haven Connecticut. He is not and never was a Texan, only in the minds of his fellow wingnuts that are also not Texans. He used Texas as a launching pad for his path from cocaine snorting alcoholic self to leader of the Free World....where he promptly tried to remove the "Free" from that world. He is mostly despised by the majority of Texans, and is a blight on the good people of this State. You don't see him out and about much in Texas...with good reason, he is not welcome at most places here, only where a gathering of fruitloops may be congregated to show off their Jackboots and salute the "Great Leader" with outstretched stiff arms. He claimed he was going to "mix among the people" when he retired, but then remembered those shoes in Baghdad and decided to hole up like his buddy Dickie Boy.
Regards!
I noticed he wasn't much for the talk show circuit.
12-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Seriously, those people were very lucky that no one was hurt. This guy should never wear a badge again or be allowed to carry a gun. Unfortunately, in our "New World Order" we have eliminated conseqeunces for bad or dangerous behavior. Shoot a few dozen unarmed Soldiers....poor guy was just "having a bad day".......Decide to invade a nation based on "Crystal Ball Intelligence"........no big deal, give the perpetrator a fat lifetime pension and send him out on the road to make a fortune scamming people as a spokesman for a Pyramid Scheme Outfit....you do know about that, don't you? Check it out....no kidding!
Regards
12-24-2009, 12:48 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm waiting to hear a response from the NRA..."if those kids had been armed to the teeth that cop would have thought twice about gettin out of that hummer....."
12-24-2009, 01:03 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
I'm waiting to hear a response from the NRA..."if those kids had been armed to the teeth that cop would have thought twice about gettin out of that hummer....."
Do not taunt anyone making Hummer payments in the holiday season.
12-24-2009, 02:24 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
Problem is...next time they will be. That is what a slap on the wrist for a dangerous cop leads to. When there is no justice, and your life is on the line, you have to start to make your own protection. Not saying this is good...but it is too often reality. I know if I was going to another snowball fight there, I would be packin'..... a rogue cop's bullet kills just the same as a killer criminal. Gotta cover your own butt in the "New America".....no one else will, it just isn't PC.
Regards
12-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #14
Site Supporter

Quit picking on the guys hummer. It may have been govt issue and he didn't want repairs to come out of his salary.
12-24-2009, 04:00 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Quit picking on the guys hummer. It may have been govt issue and he didn't want repairs to come out of his salary.
Not as a detective on the East Coast, it wasn't, unless it was a seizure.

Actually, the likely scenario was some kids were getting too aggressive, off-duty cop gets out to calm them down, while being holiday-stressed-himself, (How you supposed to park those things, anyway) ... things escalate. Or he thinks they do.