Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2009, 10:09 PM   #16
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by res3567 Quote
ORRR Maybe he aint had time to upgrade....????? .... but there needs to something done....... this is the first incident in his Presidency is it not? You think he is not going to adress it in the best way he can???? With all the critics nipping at his legs????? I'm sure he will........
Sure he'll address it. He averted a man made disaster by a non military combatant. What's the spin going to be?

12-26-2009, 10:11 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Profile them, use the AQ/ terrorist data bank and f$%k the folks that don't want to go through a more detailed pat down, take thier shoes off or stand in the new type x-ray machines that show everything. If they don't like it they can take the bus.

The real people you should be asking is the passengers that got off the plane OK and the two that saved the day.

"Should the passenger inspections be tightened up?" Any doubt what the vote would be?

Maybe asking the PanAm passengers, the one that crashed in Scotland if passenger inspectons and plane inspections should have been tighter.

Like I said, ask El Al. They deal with it daily, for years and at a much higher level. I believe they have the best safety record going.

Next pass through an airport look at the quality of the inspectors and the process. Guns and contraband pass through reqularly by gov't tests. Some of the inspectors I have seen would have a hard time working at a slow McDs. Some are also very good.
12-26-2009, 10:16 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Sure he'll address it. He averted a man made disaster by a non military combatant. What's the spin going to be?
QuoteOriginally posted by Phil1 Quote
Profile them, use the AQ/ terrorist data bank and f$%k the folks that don't want to go through a more detailed pat down, take thier shoes off or stand in the new type x-ray machines that show everything. If they don't like it they can take the bus.

The real people you should be asking is the passengers that got off the plane OK and the two that saved the day.

"Should the passenger inspections be tightened up?" Any doubt what the vote would be?

Maybe asking the PanAm passengers, the one that crashed in Scotland if passenger inspectons and plane inspections should have been tighter.

Like I said, ask El Al. They deal with it daily, for years and at a much higher level. I believe they have the best safety record going.

Next pass through an airport look at the quality of the inspectors and the process. Guns and contraband pass through reqularly by gov't tests. Some of the inspectors I have seen would have a hard time working at a slow McDs. Some are also very good.
This should be AND I HOPE a wake up call to our govt. This sh*t aint dead and won't be for possibly forever...... What are you all's suggestions to the problem in airport security..... Phil gave one.........
12-26-2009, 10:22 PM   #19
graphicgr8s

This should be AND I HOPE a wake up call to our govt. This sh*t aint dead and won't be for possibly forever...... What are you all's suggestions to the problem in airport security..... Phil gave one.........
Well I second what Phil said. And if on the watch list extra security. Profiling works. Don't go after 71yo Italian women. Go after likely suspects.

12-26-2009, 10:25 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Well I second what Phil said. And if on the watch list extra security. Profiling works. Don't go after 71yo Italian women. Go after likely suspects.
And how are these supects identified?
12-26-2009, 10:36 PM   #21
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A main problem before 9-11 was none of the intelligence agencies communicated. They all covered their own butts. W tried to bring them together via Homeland Security. Now airports have puffers and other security measures. But yet the libs have restricted profiling. Funny thing every time my mother flies out of TIA she's searched. I mean every time. She's white as snow and 71. Not likely a terrorist.

The Big O has let security lax.
It wasn't a "lib" that called off that Predator strike on the cemetery full of praying Taliban and Al Qaida Top leaders....was it? It was your boy Jesus George. So before you start in on the "libs" you might ask around as to why we are still in Afghanistan fighting the Taliban that we almost had defeated along wit Al Qaued......until Jesus George turned tail and headed to Iraq! Did that make you safer.......or was it the discovery and removal of all those WMD's that made you sleep better? After eight years of George's bungling, I feel lucky just to be alive....and you should too.
Regards
12-26-2009, 10:46 PM   #22
Inactive Account

Don't forget we have an appeasing administration that is apologist. I have my personal doubts you will see any REAL changes to tighten things up(White House teleprompter talking heads aside). The shoe guy almost made it, now this guy screwed up. There is probably a fair number that have made boarding attemps or dry runs that you will never hear about. They recently discovered an east coast airport vendor with a bunch of illegals working cleaning commercial aircraft. We then have our own home grown virgin seekers akin to the Ft Hood SOB. Care to ride in the next airplane attempt? I can only hope it is full of mush head whiners.

Our lefty friends said this was all a needless fabrication and the only terrorist is BushCo remember? What this must be is a Karl Rove trick to embarass Obama.

12-26-2009, 11:10 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Phil1 Quote
Don't forget we have an appeasing administration that is apologist. I have my personal doubts you will see any REAL changes to tighten things up(White House teleprompter talking heads aside). The shoe guy almost made it, now this guy screwed up. There is probably a fair number that have made boarding attemps or dry runs that you will never hear about. They recently discovered an east coast airport vendor with a bunch of illegals working cleaning commercial aircraft. We then have our own home grown virgin seekers akin to the Ft Hood SOB. Care to ride in the next airplane attempt? I can only hope it is full of mush head whiners.

Our lefty friends said this was all a needless fabrication and the only terrorist is BushCo remember? What this must be is a Karl Rove trick to embarass Obama.
So we as airplane passengers should be aware of supicous people and take action if necesarry, I can deal with that.......
12-26-2009, 11:14 PM   #24
graphicgr8s

So we as airplane passengers should be aware of supicous people and take action if necesarry, I can deal with that.......
Then you have the 6 imams that sued.

res if I ever see you on a plane we'll take action. We may or may not be watching you.
12-26-2009, 11:23 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Then you have the 6 imams that sued.

res if I ever see you on a plane we'll take action. We may or may not be watching you.
Call me Rob, Graphic.... and the action you take is to buy me a few drinks for the long ride to whever WE are going within our US of A.....
12-27-2009, 01:07 AM   #26
graphicgr8s

Call me Rob, Graphic.... and the action you take is to buy me a few drinks for the long ride to whever WE are going within our US of A.....
I don't fly Rob. And Gary shut down Healthcare just as we were getting to cannolis.
Oh where is the humanity of it all. Cannolis. Man I made them even better this year. But alas he shut it down.
12-27-2009, 01:32 AM   #27
Veteran Member

I have to ask...what the hell is Cannolis and what do you do with it? You were trying to seduce RML with it.....this isn't something that is going to get Adam in trouble is it...??
12-27-2009, 06:50 AM   #28
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't fly Rob. And Gary shut down Healthcare just as we were getting to cannolis.
Oh where is the humanity of it all. Cannolis. Man I made them even better this year. But alas he shut it down.
Are you going to start up with those damned cannolis again. Just when everybody is starting their New Year diet?
12-27-2009, 06:50 AM   #29
Inactive Account

Well my un PC suspicions were warranted. Our friend from Africa is not a rabid Episcopalian traveling on Christmas in a Santa suit. Whoda thunk it?

'DETROIT - The U.S. government tightened airline security as it searches for answers to how a 23-year-old Nigerian man eluded extensive systems intended to prevent attacks like his botched Christmas Day effort to blow up a Northwest flight from overseas. '

Jet attack suspect is ?very honest,? pal says - Security- msnbc.com

Obama might ask why the father's warning was ignored, just suggesting. I know we certainly don't want to offend any terrorists or friends of terrorists. These are the same foks that almost destroyed your 401K and will have the gay illegal postman doing your prostate checks.
12-27-2009, 07:36 AM   #30
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I didn't read the story that the link goes to, but the title of it illustrates the problem.
It is the media, the government, and the whole lib/pc crowd trying to portray, react to, and treat terrorists as though they were actually human beings. If we could just reconcile ourselves to the fact that they (terrorists) are a sub-human primate species we could act accordingly; as long as PETA stayed out of it.