Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
graphicgr8s

Are we as safe now

as under W?

Newsroom

Security measures were increased after 2001. Have they been relaxed so much under this administration that it jeopardizes our travel?

12-26-2009, 06:55 PM   #2
Inactive Account

This should be a great time our terrorist apologists to lower the airport standards some more. I'm sure some liberals find it offensive to have thier adult toys and box cutters ex rayed and questioned. Lets get rid of airport inspections altogether. After all that was just a Bushco scare thing anyway.

Besides this most recent Detroit event was no doubt a Karl Rovian deal.
12-26-2009, 07:06 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
There always has been said that there have been terrorist cells living in the US for years. Who's to say that there still isn't? And why is it always the east coast getting bombed and not the midwest or west coast? Will we be safe from these terrorists as the US and Homeland thinks? I doubt it. Nothing against the government... am a Navy veteran here, just have my own opinions....
12-26-2009, 07:35 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wonder if that guy was really who he said? He was black, wasn't he? Could it have actually been Obama himself? You guys seem to think Obama is to blame, maybe you are right? I'll tune in to FIX News for the "real truth".
I sure am glad that we didn'thave Jumbo Jets Crashing into tall buildings under Clinton's watch...you guys would have peed in your pants with excitement, wouldn't you? BTW- Whose watch was that under....did FIX News ever make that determination....or are they "still working on it"? When their investigative "journalists" complete their search for those WMD's I bet they will have time to check out the "Commander in Chief" at the time of 911....you think?
Regards!

12-26-2009, 07:38 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Sounds to me like all the religious paranoia in the world is no match for a bunch of people still going home to Detroit.

Hooyah!
12-26-2009, 08:00 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
as under W?

Newsroom

Security measures were increased after 2001. Have they been relaxed so much under this administration that it jeopardizes our travel?
The news I saw said the explosive was taped to his underwear...... OK Graphic..... if that were true....... what do you do about that?????? Next time you fly and they ask..... you..... to....... ????????
12-26-2009, 08:19 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by res3567 Quote
The news I saw said the explosive was taped to his underwear...... OK Graphic..... if that were true....... what do you do about that?????? Next time you fly and they ask..... you..... to....... ????????
I assume that these terrorists place their bombs where they will cause the least amount of damage if they misfire? Since they are very short on gonads and other personal equipment, in his underwear made perfect sense. Sure, he lost what he had, but it was no big loss, was it? Now that he can no longer satisfy those 72 Virgins, his life as a martyr is pretty much meaningless.....

I'm with the bleeding hearts on this one though.....don't prosecute him, just turn him loose in downtown Detroit around 10-12 PM.......he won't have to wait for more than a few minutes to find justice......
Regards!
12-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #8
Inactive Account

It see Rupert has his selective memory switch still on.

For a donut; Who was Pres when the WTC was bombed the first time? Take your time.

12-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #9
Veteran Member

We can't blame President Bush or President Obama for these people's actions. Homeland security is doing what they can IMHO especially at the airports...... Are all of you ready to be patted down and possiblt stripped searched for bombs on the way to you relatives' or business? Think about it..... what is the next course of action??? Bomb sniffing dogs that smell everyone maybe? Machines that can detect explosives?????
12-26-2009, 09:48 PM   #10
Inactive Account

'The news I saw said the explosive was taped to his underwear...... OK Graphic..... if that were true....... what do you do about that?????? Next time you fly and they ask..... you..... to....... ????????'

Lets see;

The passenger's trip originated in Africa.

He was a known AQ person of interest.

Awww, WTF we don't want to upset anyone, let him on the plane. If anything happens let the passengers handle it. It's only a few mil for the aircraft, 200 or so people and undetermined collateral damage. We certainly don't want to profile anyone.

Better yet, if your serious, ask El Al how they would handle it.
12-26-2009, 09:49 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Phil1 Quote
It see Rupert has his selective memory switch still on.

For a donut; Who was Pres when the WTC was bombed the first time? Take your time.
MSNBC reported it was Ronald Reagan...what did FIX News report?
Regards!
12-26-2009, 09:55 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Phil1 Quote
'The news I saw said the explosive was taped to his underwear...... OK Graphic..... if that were true....... what do you do about that?????? Next time you fly and they ask..... you..... to....... ????????'

Lets see;

The passenger's trip originated in Africa.

He was a known AQ person of interest.

Awww, WTF we don't want to upset anyone, let him on the plane. If anything happens let the passengers handle it. It's only a few mil for the aircraft, 200 or so people and undetermined collateral damage. We certainly don't want to profile anyone.

Better yet, if your serious, ask El Al how they would handle it.
And that is the whole freakin point....... HOW ARE YOU GOING TO KNOW??????
12-26-2009, 09:59 PM   #13
graphicgr8s

We can't blame President Bush or President Obama for these people's actions. Homeland security is doing what they can IMHO especially at the airports...... Are all of you ready to be patted down and possiblt stripped searched for bombs on the way to you relatives' or business? Think about it..... what is the next course of action??? Bomb sniffing dogs that smell everyone maybe? Machines that can detect explosives?????
A main problem before 9-11 was none of the intelligence agencies communicated. They all covered their own butts. W tried to bring them together via Homeland Security. Now airports have puffers and other security measures. But yet the libs have restricted profiling. Funny thing every time my mother flies out of TIA she's searched. I mean every time. She's white as snow and 71. Not likely a terrorist.

The Big O has let security lax.
12-26-2009, 10:03 PM   #14
graphicgr8s

And that is the whole freakin point....... HOW ARE YOU GOING TO KNOW??????
How are you going to know what? He was on the watch list. Why let him into the US in the first place? To give him a chance to down a plane and kill hundreds of people? Is that the Big O's idea of population control?
12-26-2009, 10:06 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
A main problem before 9-11 was none of the intelligence agencies communicated. They all covered their own butts. W tried to bring them together via Homeland Security. Now airports have puffers and other security measures. But yet the libs have restricted profiling. Funny thing every time my mother flies out of TIA she's searched. I mean every time. She's white as snow and 71. Not likely a terrorist.

The Big O has let security lax.
ORRR Maybe he aint had time to upgrade....????? .... but there needs to something done....... this is the first incident in his Presidency is it not? You think he is not going to adress it in the best way he can???? With all the critics nipping at his legs????? I'm sure he will........