Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2010, 05:24 AM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jqjones Quote
touchy ground right here...Not sure I'd that good stuff...Well I guess it has been good for the teams playing them.
That might have mattered before it became a case of our Russians play the game better than your Russians.

02-03-2010, 06:28 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
So how come so many Canadian actors now live in the States? Canada that bad a place to live? Or maybe they just are tired of paying into socialized medicine?
haha Here in Aleberta we don't even pay for Provincial Health Care anymore (perks of being a Oil rich place) ... Health care is far from perfect in Canada , we may have to wait 6 - 12 months for some surgery like a hip or knee replacement but if we have a heart attack tomorrow we do not have to be concerned what kind of coverage we have and not be concerned it will leave us penniless.

back on point I would say most of these actors have homes in Canada where they probably spend some of the summers or fall. But given the more or less unlimited funds where would you spend your winters ..me I can tell you it would not be here
02-03-2010, 07:02 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I am a BSG fan.
One thing I never did figure out was how Baltar managed to live 150,000 years. Caprica 6 I was willing to suspend my disbelief for, as she was a Cylon.
Apparently he, and starbucks, were angels... Odd.
02-03-2010, 07:57 AM   #34
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Apparently he, and starbucks, were angels... Odd.
In the original, Starbuck got marooned on a planet and had he a son with an angel and that is where the super genius kid came from in Galactica 1980. Baltar was toasted in the original. He was no angel, but was sent to hell. I never figured out why the turned the Starbuck character in the remake into a woman. A bad ass woman could have been Adama's daughter or Cain's daughter like in the original. Starbuck was the gunslinging, gambling, womanizing to hell with the rules guy played by Dirk Benedict in the original. That's like remaking Dirty Harry with Cameron Diaz as Harry Calahan.

02-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #35
Inactive Account

Michael Cera. I alternate being wanting to punch him and take pity on him.

Oh, and that girl who played Juno. Not until seeing that movie did I ever want to kill a pregnant girl with a chainsaw.

She was good in Trailer Park Boys (love that show.)
02-03-2010, 08:45 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
<snip>
She was good in Trailer Park Boys (love that show.)
Now THAT is a Canadian icon - There's a shit storm brewing Randy .......
02-04-2010, 11:38 PM   #37
Inactive Account

Shithawks! Shitpuppets!

Great cast of characters. Favourite supporting characters: Philadelphia Collins ("What're lookin' at me gut fer?") Donny ("OH, DON'T STOP FIRING ON MY ACCOUNT!") and Julian's omnipresent rum & Coke.

02-06-2010, 06:21 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Trailer Park Boys AND Kids in the Hall AND Second City!
Right now my fave Canadian TV show is Dragons Den...best part of that is that the Americans are copying it (Mark Burnett got ahold of the rights) in their version called "Shark Tank"...the Canadian version is way better tho'.

More Canuck Actors:
Ryan Gosling, Dan Ackroyd, Tommy Chong (of Cheech and Chong Fame), Leslie Nielson

If you have ever seen William Shatner on the Priceline Negotiator commercials...I don't think he takes himself to seriously these days...maybe in his Star trek era, but not now.