Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2009, 11:52 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Canada is cool!

Now that I am single again, sometimes I choose to relax at home on the weekends and stay up late watching my local station's TV shows.

Our CBS affiliate here in Houston will show multiple reruns of CSI on Saturday night then followed by DaVinci's Inquest.... That show is a cool look into Canada... are there are any other shows like that shown here in th US?

12-26-2009, 11:53 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Of course Canada's cool, it's up north you big donut.
12-26-2009, 11:57 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Ha! Yea that cold air picks up STEAM in that country foe it gets down here to us in the US!
12-27-2009, 12:06 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Bite your tongue...(or stick it against something metal). I've lived in the US on the east coast for a few years and CRAP...I had to move back to Canada. It rains here where I am...snows once in a while....that whole east coast thing is BRUTAL!! The whole east and central....what the hell is that!!

12-27-2009, 12:09 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Red Green Show

Corner Gas

And lots of stuff filmed in Toronto (Due South, Flashpoint) and Vancouver (most of the Stargate franchise, Da Vinci's City Hall, The Beachcombers, Danger Bay, far too many low budget TV series and movies to list).
12-27-2009, 12:16 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steinback Quote
The Red Green Show

Corner Gas

And lots of stuff filmed in Toronto (Due South, Flashpoint) and Vancouver (most of the Stargate franchise, Da Vinci's City Hall, The Beachcombers, Danger Bay, far too many low budget TV series and movies to list).
Stargate? I did not know..... How many Canadian stars are out there? I am a Mike Myers fan( Shag it, Baby!!!!!)

I was talking to a buddy of mine and he was saying there are a lot of famous actors from Canada..... That I did not know were Canadian.......
12-27-2009, 02:39 AM   #7
Veteran Member

If you're a Battlestar Galactica fan, that show is also filmed in Vancouver. During the final episode, I recognized where they were shooting in "New York".

PS: Canada is not cool... It's freaking cold.

12-27-2009, 06:23 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VF-19 Quote
If you're a Battlestar Galactica fan, that show is also filmed in Vancouver. During the final episode, I recognized where they were shooting in "New York".
I am a BSG fan.
One thing I never did figure out was how Baltar managed to live 150,000 years. Caprica 6 I was willing to suspend my disbelief for, as she was a Cylon.
12-27-2009, 06:38 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Check your PM Wheatfield, as I'm sending you spoiler explinations.
12-27-2009, 07:19 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by res3567 Quote
Ha! Yea that cold air picks up STEAM in that country foe it gets down here to us in the US!
Strange, but most bad weather we get in Eastern Canada seems to be coming from Central United States or Southern United States.
12-27-2009, 07:23 AM   #11
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by res3567 Quote
Stargate? I did not know..... How many Canadian stars are out there? I am a Mike Myers fan( Shag it, Baby!!!!!)

I was talking to a buddy of mine and he was saying there are a lot of famous actors from Canada..... That I did not know were Canadian.......

John Candy
Michael J. Fox
Rachel McAdams
Phil Hartman
Jim Carey
Ryan Renolds
William Shatner
Michael Cera
etc.

Canadian Actors, Directors and Movies
12-27-2009, 07:25 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Name:  kirk-inspirational-awesome.jpg
Views: 4811
Size:  51.3 KB

Proof of how cool is Canada.
12-27-2009, 07:29 AM   #13

Still have yet to watch BSG..need to collect all of the DVDs first and have a marathon or two.

Firefly cast...Jewel Staite and Nathon Fillion...couple of great Canadians.

Lived in Lockport NY growing up was exposed to a lot of Canadia, went there all the time as it was a short 20 minute trip and watched more Canadian TV than US as I got better reception from Canada than I did from Buffalo. Who can forget the Hilarious House of Frightenstein and the Uncle Bobby show? ;-)

Best import...Labatt's Blue. :-)

D
12-27-2009, 07:42 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
Strange, but most bad weather we get in Eastern Canada seems to be coming from Central United States or Southern United States.
I did not know that....... Our cold fronts seam to come from up north as least as far as I knew.... But weather patterns do change......
12-27-2009, 07:47 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I am a BSG fan.
One thing I never did figure out was how Baltar managed to live 150,000 years. Caprica 6 I was willing to suspend my disbelief for, as she was a Cylon.
QuoteOriginally posted by Leaf Fan Quote
John Candy
Michael J. Fox
Rachel McAdams
Phil Hartman
Jim Carey
Ryan Renolds
William Shatner
Michael Cera
etc.

Canadian Actors, Directors and Movies
I am a BSG fan.... and a Trekkie(Captain Kirk.....awesome!!!!!) and I found out X-files was also filmed in Vancouver for years until David Duchovny complained about the rain......