Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Everyone fly's naked, problem solved. There would be health benefits as well, the modest Americans would be forced to lose weight or else they would be too embarrassed to travel.

I'm thinking "disposable seat covers".
I'm thinking, if people hadn't lost the wonder of theworld by flying around in pressurized tin cans, they'd tend to have lightened up by the time they got anywhere.

01-04-2010, 01:35 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Phil1 Quote
[I]RML's suggestion of dogs seems like a good one. I havn't seen any on any domestic or Canadian travel I have made in the last three or so years. I know customs uses them for inbound freight.
Nope

dogs disappeared because the same rights advocates complained it was illegal search.

At some point, we need to get a grip on the safety of society vs the rights of an individual to jepordize it in the name of personal freedom
01-04-2010, 01:47 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Nope

dogs disappeared because the same rights advocates complained it was illegal search.

Nope.

Actually, it's cause the dogs are *not trained for this yet.*
01-04-2010, 01:47 PM   #34
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
I'm really just glad I don't see the world the same way as you guys do.

Pettiness, degradation, escalation, and getting all Abu Ghraib with cured pork products and other tabooes is no way to defend enlightened civilization!

Contempt and in some cases, mockery for such things, not treating everything as an excuse to descend to the same level. There's a difference.

Well Ratlady, we can certainly agree on that one!....... "I'm really just glad I don't see the world the same way as you guys do."

If you did I would feel that it was time for some serious professional help, but you have reassured me that many here are on the right track. While the terrorists call us stupid Americans, and prepare to harvest the Wheatfields and any rats within them, a few of us think that it is time to stop the charade and get down to business. Even a wingnut like Sarah Palin doesn't hunt moose with a slingshot and a book on etiquette when making the kill. Ridiculous is too good a word for those that think you can play footsies with a shoe bomber.
Regards!

01-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Well Ratlady, we can certainly agree on that one!....... "I'm really just glad I don't see the world the same way as you guys do."

If you did I would feel that it was time for some serious professional help, but you have reassured me that many here are on the right track.
If I *did* see the world the same way you do, I sould need some professional help? I presume so, but....

Why do you seem to find this reassuring about yourself?

QuoteQuote:
While the terrorists call us stupid Americans, and prepare to harvest the Wheatfields and any rats within them, a few of us think that it is time to stop the charade and get down to business.

The 'business' of wrapping people in bacon while claiming your own tabooes entitle you to accuse others of oppressing you... by existing?

That doesn't sound like 'business' to me.

QuoteQuote:
Even a wingnut like Sarah Palin doesn't hunt moose with a slingshot and a book on etiquette when making the kill. Ridiculous is too good a word for those that think you can play footsies with a shoe bomber.
Regards!
Hunting is *all* about etiquette.

Like so many other things.... Respect.

Any ass can blow away a moose with military hardware. This doesn't mean you're 'better' than the moose or eating tonight.

Or perhaps more importantly... Next week.
01-04-2010, 02:05 PM   #36
graphicgr8s

If I *did* see the world the same way you do, I sould need some professional help? I presume so, but....

Why do you seem to find this reassuring about yourself?

The 'business' of wrapping people in bacon while claiming your own tabooes entitle you to accuse others of oppressing you... by existing?

That doesn't sound like 'business' to me.

Hunting is *all* about etiquette.

Like so many other things.... Respect.

Any ass can blow away a moose with military hardware. This doesn't mean you're 'better' than the moose or eating tonight.

Or perhaps more importantly... Next week.
Respect? While hunting? Whatever. Suppose the moose have rights too?

And yes any jack ass can blow away a moose with military hardware. That's why we shouldn't let democrats hunt. They don't know the correct weapons to use.
01-04-2010, 02:36 PM   #37
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Nope

At some point, we need to get a grip on the safety of society vs the rights of an individual to jepordize it in the name of personal freedom

One issue is what gets done with quasi nude images etc. following screening. I fail to see why "naked screening" would be acceptable while dogs are not.

The problem no one can really debate much less object with screeners and TSA individuals which gives people that have a tendency to be a$$-holes way too much power.

All of this is for the allusion of being safe.

Edit: Petey in the pics I posted is about an $8500 dog. That's how serious some of the *cough*Hyatt Regencies*cough* etc take bed bugs.

Last edited by Blue; 01-04-2010 at 02:45 PM.
01-04-2010, 03:00 PM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
One issue is what gets done with quasi nude images etc. following screening. I fail to see why "naked screening" would be acceptable while dogs are not.

The dogs were never trained for this.

They *can* be, but never were.

(Point of amusing interest: So can rats. )

Personally, I'm a lot more comfortable with a canine sniffing me in the crotch than I am with some random dude from this culture with a peep-scope of any kind trying to *look* at me there, anyway.

With dogs, the real problem is, "Do not fuzzle the service dogs. " Do not be like. "hi, hi, hi. Are you a doggie?! I could get you in the behind the ear! *skritch* Helloooo!

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 01-04-2010 at 03:10 PM.
01-04-2010, 03:04 PM   #39
Site Supporter

Actually, dogs can and have been trained for detecting explosives and fire arms. I had a fire arm dog when I was in Jr High oddly enough. The military has used them for about every job imaginable and a few that are not.

Look at this photo closely again . . . ~ $8500 will get you an explosive sniffing dog.

01-04-2010, 03:13 PM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Actually, dogs can and have been trained for detecting explosives and fire arms. I had a fire arm dog when I was in Jr High oddly enough. The military has used them for about every job imaginable and a few that are not.

Yes, the thing is, for the most part, they are not also trained for detecting on *people.* (without freaking out all the people) It's not a big deal to do so, they do it with drugs all the time, it just needs doing to train them.

I think we're both very doggie-positive, here: people with big machines do make more impressive sales pitches, even if the cost per unit is crazy. That's why I say rotate em.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 01-04-2010 at 03:18 PM.
01-04-2010, 05:09 PM   #41
Inactive Account

Original Poster
'Look at this photo closely again . . . ~ $8500 will get you an explosive sniffing dog.'

The proplem is the explosives and cell detonator are in three condoms 6 inches up a long dark stinky passage way. Just like the drug smugglers have been doing it for years and years. This is nothing new. A dog or a machine sniffer would be very unreliable.

Ultrasound scanners won't work either, only x ray will. Dogs, sniffers, pat downs and scanners are only supplimentary. So that likely means profiling and getting with the program or people will die. Maybe not recycle Gitmo guests back to Yemen either.

I don't mean to offend any terrorists or thier friends.
01-04-2010, 05:32 PM   #42
Inactive Account

Original Poster
On a sidebar regarding security........

BIG OOOOPS!!!

updated 12:06 p.m. PT, Mon., Jan. 4, 2010
WASHINGTON - A third uninvited guest made his way into the White House state dinner for India's prime minister in November, the Secret Service said Monday.

Third uninvited guest got into W.H. dinner - White House- msnbc.com

>>>>>I wonder if they just figured it out or it's part of the new transperancy. Check the date line.
01-04-2010, 05:32 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Phil1 Quote
'Look at this photo closely again . . . ~ $8500 will get you an explosive sniffing dog.'

The proplem is the explosives and cell detonator are in three condoms 6 inches up a long dark stinky passage way. Just like the drug smugglers have been doing it for years and years. This is nothing new. A dog or a machine sniffer would be very unreliable.

Ultrasound scanners won't work either, only x ray will. Dogs, sniffers, pat downs and scanners are only supplimentary. So that likely means profiling and getting with the program or people will die. Maybe not recycle Gitmo guests back to Yemen either.

I don't mean to offend any terrorists or thier friends.

You a) Underestimate dognoses, and b) Overestimate the number of clean-rooms terrorists have with which to shove condoms up each others' butts with which to outwit said dog-noses.

At the very very least, it's two people with a secret, which is to say, no secret.

Mind you, of course, the lesbians of the world would probably be much relieved if the homophobes of the world weren't shoving bombs up their butts to try and prove how good being heterosexual is. Go figure.

Yaknow. Just on the off-chance that two or three 'One True Religions Knowing The Will of the Only Biggest and Onlyonlyonly Ultimate Goodest Gawd *ev4r* (or else) chance to clue into the fact that they're apparently willingto shove explosives up their respective behinds to prove how 'holy' they are about.... Really really really not being gay ever or mortal...

Well.

You do realize we're talking about your Scriptures and most people involved are taking rectal bombs seriously,right?

Just checking.

Bear with me, here. I did have a number of years of memory knocked *right* out of my head, apparently with some blunt instrument or other... somewhere in the Nineties, but *how'd we get here, again? *

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 01-04-2010 at 05:46 PM.
01-04-2010, 05:55 PM   #44
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You a) Underestimate dognoses, and b) Overestimate the number of clean-rooms terrorists have with which to shove condoms up each others' butts with which to outwit said dog-noses.
So now you're an expert on people shoving things up each other' butts? Oh, never mind.
01-04-2010, 05:57 PM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
So now you're an expert on people shoving things up each other' butts? Oh, never mind.
Every time I mention wanting fairness in property law, I'm presumed to be by my 'lifestyle,' actually. If you weren't paying attention. When I'm not 'malingering' about arthritis... Or ... Being a *girl,* that is.

Meanwhile, while I draw these distinctions and suggest dogs might work while, certain self-righteous neocons say, 'Huhuh, check it out, Beavis, gay women are like gay men that we say stuff things up their butts... Let's have a holy war, huhuhuhuh.. What?'

Focus, people.
Closed Thread