Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2010, 06:20 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Stupid is as stupid does.........Forrest Gump

'At least a dozen former Guantánamo Bay inmates have rejoined al-Qaeda to fight in Yemen, The Times has learnt, amid growing concern over the ability of the country’s Government to accept almost 100 more former inmates from the detention centre.

The Obama Administration promised to close the Guantánamo facility by January 22, a deadline that it will be unable to meet. The 91 Yemeni prisoners in Guantánamo make up the largest national contingent among the 198 being held.

Six prisoners were returned to Yemen last month. After the Christmas Day bomb plot in Detroit, US officials are increasingly concerned that the country is becoming a hot-bed of terrorism. Eleven of the former inmates known to have rejoined al-Qaeda in Yemen were born in Saudi Arabia. The organisation merged its Saudi and Yemeni offshoots last year.

More:
Freed Guantánamo inmates are heading for Yemen to join al-Qaeda fight - Times Online

01-05-2010, 06:32 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Well what were they going to do, honestly? They have done hard time and want blood.
01-05-2010, 06:46 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Perhaps we should be more compassionate. Enroll them in a class, bomb making 101 and cut them loose in Chicago, include an Acorn membership with pension and a new prayer carpet.
01-05-2010, 08:01 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I overlooked the picture catalog book of hairy naked virgins, silly me.

01-05-2010, 08:13 AM   #5
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Golly Gee! What pea brained idiot sent those guys back to Yemen? Surely not anyone that was "keeping America safe"? Who could have made such a decision.......that would have certainly called for a "Great Decider"? Got any clues Phil? Sounds like treason to me.....what do you think?
Regards!
01-05-2010, 09:27 AM   #6
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Golly Gee! What pea brained idiot sent those guys back to Yemen? Surely not anyone that was "keeping America safe"? Who could have made such a decision.......that would have certainly called for a "Great Decider"? Got any clues Phil? Sounds like treason to me.....what do you think?
Regards!
QuoteQuote:
Six prisoners were returned to Yemen last month. After the Christmas Day bomb plot in Detroit, US officials are increasingly concerned that the country is becoming a hot-bed of terrorism. Eleven of the former inmates known to have rejoined al-Qaeda in Yemen were born in Saudi Arabia. The organization merged its Saudi and Yemeni offshoots last year.
Gee, I can't think of who all might have been part of that. Hmmmmmmmmm. Anybody know who was President last month?
01-05-2010, 09:57 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
'Gee, I can't think of who all might have been part of that. Hmmmmmmmmm. Anybody know who was President last month?'

George Bush.

Do I win anything Rupert?

01-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We have been dealing with these jerks for at least going on 20 years. Plus, Yemen isn't a recent hot bed, its an old hot bed. I guess everyone has forgotten the U.S.S. Cole and the 1st time the WTC was bombed.
01-05-2010, 08:46 PM   #9
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Phil1 Quote
Perhaps we should be more compassionate. Enroll them in a class, bomb making 101 and cut them loose in Chicago, include an Acorn membership with pension and a new prayer carpet.
Is the CIA still running those classes?
01-05-2010, 09:06 PM   #10
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
Is the CIA still running those classes?
No. The Big O has the Chicago Mafia doing it now since they're all in the District of Chicago anyway.
01-05-2010, 09:38 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

Hey, they are in Yemen.
Now all you have to do is keep them there.
Here's a thought for next time:
Pet owners put microchips into their dogs to make them easier to identify.
Do the same thing with terrorists, and then release them into the general public.
Give scanners to the general public.
01-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #12
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Hey, they are in Yemen.
Now all you have to do is keep them there.
Here's a thought for next time:
Pet owners put microchips into their dogs to make them easier to identify.
Do the same thing with terrorists, and then release them into the general public.
Give scanners to the general public.
I think I may actually agree with you. Interesting.

Let's face it though. This administration can't keep the White House safe. 3 people entered that shindig. And yet we have entrusted our security to the Big O. Talk about misplaced trust.

We could just let them go to Canada though.
01-05-2010, 09:53 PM   #13
Inactive Account

Original Poster
If you can insert a coded wire, they can take it out easy enough. I really think you have to permenently contain them or kill them. That's why Gitmo is such a great place to do it off shore, though I think the lease/treaty will be up there at some future date.
They are ununiformed trained combatants aka terrorists after all, not civilians.

Out of uniform combatants in WWI and WWII were shot.
01-05-2010, 10:41 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Phil1 Quote
If you can insert a coded wire, they can take it out easy enough.
Not if you insert it with a thirty-aught-six, using a dumdum at the injection site.
01-06-2010, 06:10 AM   #15
Inactive Account

Original Poster
It sounds good but you would have every abortionist and leather shoe wearing PETA member, tofu smokers, bomb throwers, the ACLU and a big contingent of the rent-a-crowd folks camped on your front and back lawns like Bush had if you did it.

Naw, just keep them safe, well and warm on clean prayer rugs at Club Gitmo. The tropics have to be a pleasant change after the labors of jihad and all that desert.
Closed Thread