Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2010, 11:04 AM   #1
graphicgr8s

Children's Jewelry

Well since the Chinese can't put lead in jewelry seems they've gone to cadmium.

Toxic metal found in kids jewelry very dangerous - Road Runner

Another reason we need not to be getting stuff from china

01-11-2010, 02:14 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They go to whatever lengths to produce cheap goods that they know the rest of the world will purchase from them for its low cost. Reality is unfortunately almost everything is made there, including the American and Australian flags we may so proudly wave...
01-11-2010, 02:28 PM   #3
Damn Brit

Why do children need jewelry?
01-11-2010, 02:36 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Why do children need jewelry?
We learned it by watching you!

01-11-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
We learned it by watching you!
That is the shortest sentence I've seen you produce on this forum... and I didn't understand it.
01-11-2010, 02:42 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
That is the shortest sentence I've seen you produce on this forum... and I didn't understand it.
Oh, right. America again. It's a pop culture reference from a schlocky anti-drug ad from the Eighties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Elr5K2Vuo

Subject of much memeage and sarcasm. I forget you're new here, sometimes.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 01-11-2010 at 02:47 PM.
01-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #7
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Oh, right. America again. It's a pop culture reference from a schlocky anti-drug ad from the Eighties.
Gotcha, all we had was Big Brother watching and that was only in 1984.
01-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #8
Ash
Community Manager

You'll soon know Gary.
Little girls like to play dress ups and are fascinated by adult things such as jewellery, cooking and handbags. All without instruction - they just pick it up and emulate.

01-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #9
Pentaxian

I'm just sort of cottoning on to just how much is on Youtube. Reference provided above.
01-12-2010, 06:26 AM   #10
Veteran Member

China makes the shittiest shit on the planet, yet everyone buys it. Consumer hunger is more powerful than intelligent decision making...human nature.

Jason
01-12-2010, 06:30 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote

Another reason we need not to be getting stuff from china
right, cuz every "hard working amerakun" is going to bend over and accept a 1 dollar an hour salary. :ugh:

You gave China the power, you are the worlds number one consumer, you can not go back.
01-12-2010, 06:33 AM   #12
mel
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
You'll soon know Gary.
Little girls like to play dress ups and are fascinated by adult things such as jewellery, cooking and handbags. All without instruction - they just pick it up and emulate.
Kinda like boys and weapons. Doesn't matter how much you shield your precious male offspring from images of violence, the first time he goes outside and finds a stick, it WILL become a weapon.
01-12-2010, 07:39 AM   #13
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Kinda like boys and weapons. Doesn't matter how much you shield your precious male offspring from images of violence, the first time he goes outside and finds a stick, it WILL become a weapon.
Cowboys and Indians. Cops and Robbers. Do any of the men on here remember playing those games? I sure do and I really don't want to rob a bank. Too much PC crap.
01-12-2010, 07:44 AM   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
right, cuz every "hard working amerakun" is going to bend over and accept a 1 dollar an hour salary. :ugh:

You gave China the power, you are the worlds number one consumer, you can not go back.
Gooshin... Canada is a part of this too. Easy to hurl stones, and back them with facts.

Canada’s total merchandise trade with China has soared in the last decade, reaching $42.1 billion in 2006 and accounting for 5.0% of Canada's world trade.

1. In 1997, China was Canada’s fourth largest trading partner with total merchandise trade of $8.7 billion. By 2003, the country had emerged as Canada’s second largest trading partner surpassing the U.K. and Japan.

2. Imports from China were five times higher in 2006 than in 1997 while exports to the country tripled. Canada's Trade with China: 1997 to 2006

Go ahead an look up the US numbers. They ARE higher. But at $42.1 Billion (more now) and climbing FAST, you certainly have no moral/ethical standing to take this position.

To each according to his abilities... China is your second largest partner... The fact that you all have less money to spend is hardly the issue. Clearly you all CHOOSE to help with China's emergence pretty much to the very best of your abilities.

That makes you complicit. Why don't you do something about it as opposed to telling us what we need to do. As for me, I AM doing something about it and buying Canadian whenever I can. Heh.

sure
very
01-12-2010, 07:54 AM   #15
Veteran Member

where do you see me defending canada, we have enough people here too that wont go and pick up low paying jobs because "they are above it".

besides you totally missed what i was getting at, try again and thanks for playing.

QuoteOriginally posted by stand.sure Quote
blah blah blah blah