Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2010, 08:56 AM   #16
Inactive Account

'How long before they open an Asterisks Wing at Cooperstown?' C.P.

You gotta love that one.
Besides he didn't inhale, whatever IS is, and he voted for it before he voted against it.

Better living through chemestry.

This is why I like college and local HS sports better now. The baseball strikes did it for me. Steroids are just an after thought.

01-12-2010, 10:08 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There's also something about him now being outside of the 5 year statute of limitations for charges of lying to Congress...

Mike

Last edited by MRRiley; 01-12-2010 at 10:16 AM.
01-12-2010, 10:13 AM   #18
graphicgr8s

Remember when roid rage was cured with Preparation H?
01-12-2010, 10:16 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Remember when roid rage was cured with Preparation H?
do tell.

10char

01-12-2010, 10:43 AM   #20
Pentaxian

I think all the whining about it is downright stupid. At the time, most of these substances were not banned. Low dose versions were sold in health food stores and drug stores in the vitamin section. Most of these guys were given it by trainers to overcome the injurys and grind of a long season. Taking an asprin or allergy med is performance enhancing if getting rid of a headache or breathing better is to be considered cheating. The sports writers and politicians who are making an issue of this are a bunch of hypocrites IMO. They have changed the rules and banned these substances. Trying to make an issue of players using this stuff before the ban is just plain wrong.
01-12-2010, 10:52 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Find me one "professionnal" athlete who clains to have never used performance enhancing drugs and I'll show you a lying sack of sh!t...

They know "everyone else" has used to get where they are, it's a multi million dollar carreer, they do what they NEED to do to get there.

Pat
01-12-2010, 07:13 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote
Find me one "professionnal" athlete who clains to have never used performance enhancing drugs and I'll show you a lying sack of sh!t...

They know "everyone else" has used to get where they are, it's a multi million dollar carreer, they do what they NEED to do to get there.

Pat
So it is too bad they have to do t to make money......Not like you and me......Good nutrition and pumping iron.......

01-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #23
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
As some comedian said a long time ago (i think it was George Carlin)

They should just abolish drug testing all together. No one cares for these athletes (really), and so they should just make it a free for all, pump your ass full of all the drugs you want and see just how far the human body will go.

And if you happen to grow an extra arm or die from a heart implosion then so be it.. you're already getting millions of dollars, such is the price!
I'm all for it...and for paying college athletes too. Let the top bidders win the best players. College QB's and gifted running backs/receivers now wash cars for Rich Auto Dealers for $1K a car....so why not just open it up for the highest bidders?
Regards!
01-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #24
Igilligan

Oh my goodness... you take away the growth hormones and steroids of this generation, the speed/ amphetamines in various forms from the other generation, and you would end up with 3 players batting 300 each year, a high of 20 stolen bases, and games with scores of 1-0 dominating the schedule.

Not a lot of 'Commercial' money in sitting around for 4 hours watching 85mph fastball pitching duels on TV.

Thank goodness for PED's... without them baseball would have died just after the invention of the TV

Give the Babe another shot of Jack!

Last edited by Igilligan; 01-13-2010 at 12:18 AM.
01-13-2010, 10:27 AM   #25
Pentaxian

The culture of enhancing performance has been around forever and won't go away. When I competed in swimming in the 60's, the coaches would have us down a jar of honey about 15 minutes before a race because the sugar buzz would give us that extra edge. Nowadays, it's Red Bull.

My proposal to even the playing field in all professional sports: All athletes must chain smoke a pack of cigarrettes and chug a pint of whiskey prior to each game.
01-13-2010, 12:25 PM   #26
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
My proposal to even the playing field in all professional sports: All athletes must chain smoke a pack of cigarrettes and chug a pint of whiskey prior to each game.
That would certainly put some entertainment back into them.
01-19-2010, 04:15 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Mcgwire

I've lived in 'Lou most my life,first game I went to, birds had a guy named Musial
in right,I was 6. 67-68... guys like Gibson,Cepeda,Torre,Brock,Flood
Journeyman outfielder named Marris.
Stan lit the fire,those guys faned it to an inferno. Going into 70's season
our projected 3 in the rotation were Gibby,Steve Carlton,Jerry Royce...not bad
70's kinda fizzed out,hey it was the 70's man. 80's... Whitey came,got Ozzie
what a time to take a kid to a game! Whitley left, Ozzie retired, Hernandez
wanted to be a movie star... I Havent been back since.
Mark McGwire? Who the hell is he?

Last edited by BillM; 01-19-2010 at 05:36 PM. Reason: ommisison of names