Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lights Out In Massachusetts?

We'll know in a couple of days. Maybe Obama's rallying cry was heard by his base....if he has a base left. This could be the end of Obamacare....which wouldn't break my heart or many others either from what I see. Obamacare is too weak for the left and too "Obama" for the right.

Obama has done a swell job of catering to the right wing fruitloops, and it has cost him the support of those that elected him. The right will never warm up to Obama, he was a fool to waste his mandate playing their game. Now he is reaping the failed crop he hoped would take root with right wing wingnuts......That's how I see it, but I could be wrong, after all, at this stage in his Presidency he is still more popular than Ronald Reagan was.

Your thoughts welcome?
Regards!

01-17-2010, 09:54 PM   #2
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
We'll know in a couple of days. Maybe Obama's rallying cry was heard by his base....if he has a base left. This could be the end of Obamacare....which wouldn't break my heart or many others either from what I see. Obamacare is too weak for the left and too "Obama" for the right.

Obama has done a swell job of catering to the right wing fruitloops, and it has cost him the support of those that elected him. The right will never warm up to Obama, he was a fool to waste his mandate playing their game. Now he is reaping the failed crop he hoped would take root with right wing wingnuts......That's how I see it, but I could be wrong, after all, at this stage in his Presidency he is still more popular than Ronald Reagan was.

Your thoughts welcome?
Regards!
Of course your wrong.
Catering to the right? When?
He's spent more than all other presidents. Combined. Right wing "fruitloops" at least true right wingers want LESS government. Spending or otherwise.
Following on the liberal agenda I am trying an experiment. Revenue is down for the government so they're raising taxes. My revenue is down I will raise prices. What do you think will happen Rupert?
01-17-2010, 10:03 PM   #3

Obamacare is too weak for the left and too "Obama" for the right.
Good analysis, Rupert. Unfortunately the left is sometimes too idealistic given realities, and the right is too stupid and self-concerned given just about any scenario.

I haven't been following the MA race too closely, but my gut says Martha will win. Maybe a close call is what the left needs to cut O some slack on things like health care. I despise DLC democrats (corporatists) as much as the next progressive, but I'm not convinced (far from it) that the alternative is somehow better.

Had I been an MA resident I might have supported a different candidate in the primary, but just like I would have swallowed the bitter pill and voted for Hillary if she had won the presidential nomination, I'm confident residents of MA will make the right choice in voting for the (far) lesser of two evils. 'Obamacare' will pass, and hopefully in the future it will serve as a starting point to improve the system even more.
01-17-2010, 10:19 PM   #4
Inactive Account

''Obamacare' will pass, and hopefully in the future it will serve as a starting point to improve the system even more.'

Kind of like buying a first class ticket on an airplane that won't fly very well except this flying brick will cost trillions. Yuh gotta love that liberal thinking.

Trust Dr. Howie Dean, you loved him as a Pres. contender and then DNC Chairman, he says Obama Care is a turd.

Hows that transparancy workin for you bigger and bigger gov't guys?

01-17-2010, 10:27 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Of course your wrong.
Catering to the right? When?
He's spent more than all other presidents. Combined. Right wing "fruitloops" at least true right wingers want LESS government. Spending or otherwise.
Following on the liberal agenda I am trying an experiment. Revenue is down for the government so they're raising taxes. My revenue is down I will raise prices. What do you think will happen Rupert?
Revenue is down George because Jesus George gave the biggest tax cut in the history of the world to the richest 2% of Americans...those he called his "BASE"....remember that George? As for what you will do....most likely raise your prices and go out of business.......I've seen a lifetime of fruitloops do the same, it always helped my business tremendously, so look for some nice Thank You cards from your competition! Always amazing to me that those that preach "Capitalism" know so little about it......
Regards

Last edited by Rupert; 01-17-2010 at 10:53 PM. Reason: spelling
01-17-2010, 10:30 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by Phil1 Quote
''Obamacare' will pass, and hopefully in the future it will serve as a starting point to improve the system even more.'

Kind of like buying a first class ticket on an airplane that won't fly very well except this flying brick will cost trillions.
So do you want a better plane or do you want any and all progress grounded at the gate permanently? Not sure I understand your position. One is definitely better than the other. I'm just not sure where you stand.
01-17-2010, 10:32 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by QuixoticTonic Quote
Good analysis, Rupert. Unfortunately the left is sometimes too idealistic given realities, and the right is too stupid and self-concerned given just about any scenario.

I haven't been following the MA race too closely, but my gut says Martha will win. Maybe a close call is what the left needs to cut O some slack on things like health care. I despise DLC democrats (corporatists) as much as the next progressive, but I'm not convinced (far from it) that the alternative is somehow better.

Had I been an MA resident I might have supported a different candidate in the primary, but just like I would have swallowed the bitter pill and voted for Hillary if she had won the presidential nomination, I'm confident residents of MA will make the right choice in voting for the (far) lesser of two evils. 'Obamacare' will pass, and hopefully in the future it will serve as a starting point to improve the system even more.
You may be right, she can still pull this out of the hole. In today's world, where events change the scenery overnight, it is impossible to see ahead more than a few hours at times. I am still hoping Obama will come out of his trance and deliver what he promised those that elected him........the clock is ticking.....it looks like Midnight in Massachusetts.
Regards

01-17-2010, 10:42 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Phil1 Quote

Kind of like buying a first class ticket on an airplane that won't fly very well except this flying brick will cost trillions. Yuh gotta love that liberal thinking.

Trust Dr. Howie Dean, you loved him as a Pres. contender and then DNC Chairman, he says Obama Care is a turd.

Hows that transparancy workin for you bigger and bigger gov't guys?
Phil, it is not working any better than it was under Jesus George. I didn't hear any right wingers squealing when George gave your tax dollars to that richest 2% of Fat Cats that were already so stuffed with wealth that they were ready to explode. Just that tax cut alone could have funded Healthcare Reform for a decade or more......but don't worry, they will soon be giving it all back...with interest!

Maybe you can explain to me why it is that poor and middle class right wing fruitloops support giving their tax dollars to the rich? Is it just to keep the cash away from the poor and sick, or is it as I suspect, that supporting the Ultra Rich seems to make you guys think you are in their "Circle"? Like those good ol' boys that think Jesus George might invite them to Crawford for dove hunting? A good dose of reality could cure your disease.......Go to Crawford and tell the residents there you are going to dove hunt with George......they will tar and feather you before you ever make it to the gate......there are few fooled in Crawford by Jesus George.
Regards
01-17-2010, 11:04 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by QuixoticTonic Quote
So do you want a better plane or do you want any and all progress grounded at the gate permanently? Not sure I understand your position. One is definitely better than the other. I'm just not sure where you stand.
That is a difficult question if any real consideration is given to it. I think the current Bill is junk science, and will fleece average Americans while doing little to improve their overall Healthcare and will result in higher prices and less service. The Big Insurance lobby loves it, just look at their stock prices rising.....Big Pharma too, it's a new Goldmine for them, better than the one Jesus George gave them. It is reasonable to assume that if they love it, someone is going to get screwed even worse than they already are.

Still, you do have a point that without anything there is not much hope of improvement in the future. Lesser of two evils....isn't this the choice we have been getting in almost every election for years....and we see how that has worked out.
Regards!

BTW- I never did answer your question, not being evasive, but it is a difficult decision to make in a snap reply. I would like to know more about the Bill......in language I could understand.....another unlikely event.
01-18-2010, 12:18 AM   #10
Inactive Account

'So do you want a better plane or do you want any and all progress grounded at the gate permanently? Not sure I understand your position. One is definitely better than the other. I'm just not sure where you stand.'

Ah no, not when the plane is likely to crash.

This bill is a sham. The program is so complex and riddled with special interest crap that even the drafters have to have a close pin on the nose to get around it. Example: It seems the buy-out Senator from Nebraska now has his druthers and says all states should be paying the same. No $hit Dick Tracy. I'm not clear on the illegals participation. Obama said no and the bill says yes last I heard. Special tax breaks for unions now. Oh boy! Thats a sell out. What did you leftys expect anyway? They own you while you bitch about BIG PHARMA, and BIG INSURANCE The drafters of this turd are not even on this plan. That's a great vote of confidence.

I would have prefered a test flight of a revised plan for a two year period in one or two states. Take all the test flight data and fine tune where necessary and readjust, retest and then adopt. Only phoking politicians do stuff this way, shoot, shoot, shoot, then maybe take aim. Way too much money we don't have is envolved to phock it up like it will be. Washington can't manage finances of the country, that should be obvious to all but the brain dead. On principle I don't want to give them another 10 cents.

The huge rush to pass (as in a rectal function) this turd should be a clue it will not stand any test of time. It's all about an Obama social restructuring. The No 1 thing on the agenda is JOBS not this fiasco.

Leftys, the train is leaving the station. The Mass. election will have a message for you. Even if your candidate wins it appears to be a squeaker as the polls indicate. That fat ass seat is liberal holy ground.

Vote early and often.
01-18-2010, 06:32 AM   #11
Inactive Account

To illustrate my point, today;s news:

BOSTON (AP) - A panicky White House and Democratic allies scrambled Sunday for a plan to salvage their hard-fought health care package in case a Republican wins Tuesday's Senate race in Massachusetts, which would enable the GOP to block further Senate action.

The likeliest scenario would require persuading House Democrats to accept a bill the Senate passed last month, despite their objections to several parts.

Aides consulted Sunday amid fears that Republican Scott Brown will defeat Democrat Martha Coakley in the special election to fill the late Edward M. Kennedy's seat. A Brown win would give the GOP 41 Senate votes, enough to filibuster and block final passage of the House-Senate compromise on health care now being crafted.

House Democrats, especially liberals, viewed those compromises as vital because they view the Senate-passed version as doing too little to help working families. Under the Senate-passed bill, 94 percent of Americans would be covered, compared to 96 percent in the version passed last year by the House.

My Way News - Dems look at bypassing Senate health care vote

PASS IT AT ANY COST NO MATTER WTF IS IN IT is the translation.
01-18-2010, 07:03 AM   #12
graphicgr8s

Revenue is down George because Jesus George gave the biggest tax cut in the history of the world to the richest 2% of Americans...those he called his "BASE"....remember that George? As for what you will do....most likely raise your prices and go out of business.......I've seen a lifetime of fruitloops do the same, it always helped my business tremendously, so look for some nice Thank You cards from your competition! Always amazing to me that those that preach "Capitalism" know so little about it......
Regards
I didn't know I was part of the richest 2%. I didn't even think I was part of the richest 90%. But with the Big O my check is way smaller.
01-18-2010, 07:49 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
I didn't know I was part of the richest 2%. I didn't even think I was part of the richest 90%. But with the Big O my check is way smaller.

No George, you weren't,but you are the one that gave them their big piece of taxpayer pie. Why is it that a trillion dollar Healthcare bill (sorry as it is)......bothers you "fiscal conservatives" so much, but two trillion deposited into the bank accounts of the Bank of America CEO and his buddies is a "Good Thing"? Your right wing handlers have you guys hoodwinked so bad that it makes those left wingers look smart. Stop sucking up to Fat Cats and demand that your party leaders do something for you...instead of always cutting taxes....for the Super Rich. You guys have been used and abused for years by Voodoo Economics, Trickle Down Nonsense, and Let's Reward the Rich (with our money) insanity. I don't care that you have no concern for your own lives or economic welfare, but you have dragged down the rest of us with your economic ignorance. When (and if) we ever see a level playing field it won't be one where 5% of the population owns 95% of the wealth. Look around you George.....95% of everything you see as you drive around your town is owned by 5% of the population....doesn't that tell you that someone stole your share? You keep defending those Fat Cats, and eventually they will own 100% of everything, including you and all your rights......Jesus George was heading in that direction, and your side loved him....why is that George?
Regards!
01-18-2010, 08:18 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ususal divide and conquer......

No George, you weren't,but you are the one that gave them their big piece of taxpayer pie. Why is it that a trillion dollar Healthcare bill (sorry as it is)......bothers you "fiscal conservatives" so much, but two trillion deposited into the bank accounts of the Bank of America CEO and his buddies is a "Good Thing"? Your right wing handlers have you guys hoodwinked so bad that it makes those left wingers look smart. Stop sucking up to Fat Cats and demand that your party leaders do something for you...instead of always cutting taxes....for the Super Rich. You guys have been used and abused for years by Voodoo Economics, Trickle Down Nonsense, and Let's Reward the Rich (with our money) insanity. I don't care that you have no concern for your own lives or economic welfare, but you have dragged down the rest of us with your economic ignorance. When (and if) we ever see a level playing field it won't be one where 5% of the population owns 95% of the wealth. Look around you George.....95% of everything you see as you drive around your town is owned by 5% of the population....doesn't that tell you that someone stole your share? You keep defending those Fat Cats, and eventually they will own 100% of everything, including you and all your rights......Jesus George was heading in that direction, and your side loved him....why is that George?
Regards!
No it won't be as painless as libs think and no it won't sink the cons boat either. WE will all adapt.
Sometimes it just makes me sick that THIS country constantly boils down human lives to dollars and cents... and to be honest the biggest pain will be the dollars spent to "fix" what we broke in the first place. The powers that be know that billions of dollars of healthcare are needed to "fix" the broken bodies of those already out there and the bodies of those who are starting to wain in the natural progression of life. THAT's what scares all the money lovers...
Sorry money has replaced our god(s) and there is no better theater to show that then healthcare.
If things like this would have been done a long time ago the costs we are now talking about would be minimal, but we didn't do them and now we must pay.
A Conversation on Healthcare Access
OPEN your eyes, do you see us at the top of this chart?????
Nope. 45th actually. And why with the illusion of the "greatest health care system in the world"........ The rich are living longer, poor dying younger.

Life Expectancy for Countries — Infoplease.com
Sorry, talking money on such a morbid subject just gets my goat.
01-18-2010, 08:56 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
No it won't be as painless as libs think and no it won't sink the cons boat either. WE will all adapt.
Sometimes it just makes me sick that THIS country constantly boils down human lives to dollars and cents... and to be honest the biggest pain will be the dollars spent to "fix" what we broke in the first place. The powers that be know that billions of dollars of healthcare are needed to "fix" the broken bodies of those already out there and the bodies of those who are starting to wain in the natural progression of life. THAT's what scares all the money lovers...
Sorry money has replaced our god(s) and there is no better theater to show that then healthcare.
If things like this would have been done a long time ago the costs we are now talking about would be minimal, but we didn't do them and now we must pay.
A Conversation on Healthcare Access
OPEN your eyes, do you see us at the top of this chart?????
Nope. 45th actually. And why with the illusion of the "greatest health care system in the world"........ The rich are living longer, poor dying younger.

Life Expectancy for Countries — Infoplease.com
Sorry, talking money on such a morbid subject just gets my goat.

Simple answers...or simpler answers....are countered with "Socialism" or even more popular on the right...."We don't need to fix it, it isn't broken". By the time those on the right that are not Super Rich and self insured realize that they are just the same as a left wing lib when it comes to Healthcare access, maybe they will demand that their party stop playing games with their lives and share some of that wealth they have been skimming off the top at a record pace.

When George discovers that his gout is seen by insurers as a potential costly and long term problem relating to his kidneys, and cancel his policy or make it unaffordable, he will be just like those "socialists" that have no coverage at all...of course, being a staunch supporter of his capitalistic heroes, he will whimper and die without a fight.....to protect their interests...which is after all, the god of capitalism.....MONEY! When George tries to get in to see a doctor without insurance or a boatload of cash, he will have as much luck as a 6 year old making a purchase in a liquor store.....with play money. We all know the routine....when you go to the doctor, it is no longer the first question about your health, your pain, your illness, it is "show me your insurance". Yes, America...and most of the world....is no longer about human life, it is about money. All about money....
For all their faults and all their shortcomings, Democrat deliver more to the people, while Republicans are principally designed to deliver to the Ultra Rich and convince the rest that it is "good for them". I keep looking for those right wing fruitloops that are willing to give up their Soc Sec checks....or their Medicare, but never get more than a lecture on how evil those benefits are....never met a one that would give them up. Those were courtesy of the Democrats......along with Equal Rights for all races...another item that was going to "ruin America".....remember?
So bottom line...when the voters in Mass take a look at the past...and the future, I doubt they will want to play Russian roulette with a right wing wingnut that has ever chamber loaded and centered in on killing off the remaining 5% of the wealth owned by average Americans. He is a "company man" all the way, tax the poor and middle class to benefit the Ultra Rich...it is what Republicans are all about....it is ALL they are about.
Regards!
Closed Thread