Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by res3567 Quote
That s just it.....I don't know.....

Went the the website and put in the tracking number and this is what I got:

2010/01/26 15:11 MONTREAL An order has been electronically submitted
Then it will tell you, later when you check again, that it is now at such and such place ... and so on. You keep tracking it and it will show all of the "stops" it has made, until it gets to your door.
01-26-2010, 08:01 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Then it will tell you, later when you check again, that it is now at such and such place ... and so on. You keep tracking it and it will show all of the "stops" it has made, until it gets to your door.
Ok like the USPS....thank ya'll for helping.....I will check daily.
01-26-2010, 08:24 PM   #19
Veteran Member

The way I understand it, and I was wrong once before (but it was it was the others guys fault ) ...

There are no 'duites' for items that cross the US / Canadian border.
GST (5% Tax) is due on pretty much everthing ....
Depending on the carrier , you can pay administrations fees or Brokerage Fees the formula for how this is calculated is a mystery to me but I am sure it is based on the phase the moons , some dice and the mood of the individual processing the package.

The truest sentiment here is it really is a crap shoot. Personally

I have received a $250 item from the US delivered by UPS and paid $60.00 'Brokerage Fees'. I have always paid Brokerage Fees with UPS.

Fed-Ex I usually pay a Brokerage Fee

USPS - occasionaly I pay an 'Administration Fee' of $10.00 (regardless of what value the item is).

Other times I have paid nothing .... so if you like craps, roll the dice , but if time is not of the essence I will always use USPS given the choice.

YMMV...........Dave

01-27-2010, 07:47 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
The way I understand it, and I was wrong once before (but it was it was the others guys fault ) ...

There are no 'duites' for items that cross the US / Canadian border.
GST (5% Tax) is due on pretty much everthing ....
Depending on the carrier , you can pay administrations fees or Brokerage Fees the formula for how this is calculated is a mystery to me but I am sure it is based on the phase the moons , some dice and the mood of the individual processing the package.

The truest sentiment here is it really is a crap shoot. Personally

I have received a $250 item from the US delivered by UPS and paid $60.00 'Brokerage Fees'. I have always paid Brokerage Fees with UPS.

Fed-Ex I usually pay a Brokerage Fee

USPS - occasionaly I pay an 'Administration Fee' of $10.00 (regardless of what value the item is).

Other times I have paid nothing .... so if you like craps, roll the dice , but if time is not of the essence I will always use USPS given the choice.

YMMV...........Dave
Last parcel was shipped from the USA by USPS and when it arrived here, I got hit with both the GST and the "other" tax (provincial?).
Crap shoot it is. Never know what's going to happen.

JP
01-27-2010, 07:59 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Last parcel was shipped from the USA by USPS and when it arrived here, I got hit with both the GST and the "other" tax (provincial?).
Crap shoot it is. Never know what's going to happen.
JP
No Kididng it was probably Provincial Tax I happen to live in a province whith no PST (thank gawd for small favors).

The last parcel I received frm the US (this week actually) - value was $260 - I had it Global Express from USPS - 1-3 day delivery guarenteed. USPS subs that out to Fed Ex - Fed Ex arrived at my door I did not pay a cent extra I just signed for it - a lucky roll of the dice I guess ...
01-31-2010, 10:35 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
No Kididng it was probably Provincial Tax I happen to live in a province whith no PST (thank gawd for small favors).

The last parcel I received frm the US (this week actually) - value was $260 - I had it Global Express from USPS - 1-3 day delivery guarenteed. USPS subs that out to Fed Ex - Fed Ex arrived at my door I did not pay a cent extra I just signed for it - a lucky roll of the dice I guess ...
Yeah, consider yourself very lucky!
I used to live in Alberta for a few years (Calgary) during my university days. It was very nice not having to pay the extra provincial tax. Gas was very cheap then too!

JP

01-31-2010, 10:43 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Yeah, consider yourself very lucky!
I used to live in Alberta for a few years (Calgary) during my university days. It was very nice not having to pay the extra provincial tax. Gas was very cheap then too!
JP
Yes as Candians were are overtaxed I think much more so than our American cousins (here we go will this start a war ).

I have lived in many provinces with PST so I know your pain, and yes no PST is indeed nice - as for gas being cheap - the last time I thought gas was cheap was when I was in high school (hint - Star Was was still palying In the theatre’s haha).