Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2010, 11:35 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The difference between this and latino soccer clubs and the like is that the latino soccer clubs are amateur leagues that aren't looking for franchise deals, etc. As a private person you can organize whatever kind of league you like, according to whatever sort of rules you want, but if you create a public organization that wants funding (whether from corporate sponsorship or private backers) and wants to pay its employees/players, you have to deal with anti-discrimination laws and the not-nice feelings that blatant discrimination brings up.

And to throw in some anecdotal evidence, I've played soccer with what are generally considered "latino soccer clubs," and they were quite welcoming to anyone who wanted to play and had the talent. There's a distinct difference between groups created by those who naturally group together due to proximity/common language/etc and those that are created with the express idea of shutting out a certain group of people.

01-21-2010, 11:35 AM   #17
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I don't know the answer to that George.....I think we are all racist to some extent, just like we are Pentaxians or Canonites or Nikonians. We just tend to choose up "our kind".....like those birds of a feather. How it got this twisted is a long and twisted story in itself....one still unfolding, but we do seem to be moving ahead. My Grandchildren are about as color blind as is possible...and so are their friends...of color. It starts early in life....my Dolly sees no one of color, and unless someone tells her different, chances are she never will.....even in her lily whiteness.
Regards!
Not me. Not a racist bone in my body. I sir, am a bigot. I hate everyone equally. I am what you would call an "Equal Opportunity Offender"
01-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #18
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
The difference between this and latino soccer clubs and the like is that the latino soccer clubs are amateur leagues that aren't looking for franchise deals, etc. As a private person you can organize whatever kind of league you like, according to whatever sort of rules you want, but if you create a public organization that wants funding (whether from corporate sponsorship or private backers) and wants to pay its employees/players, you have to deal with anti-discrimination laws and the not-nice feelings that blatant discrimination brings up.

And to throw in some anecdotal evidence, I've played soccer with what are generally considered "latino soccer clubs," and they were quite welcoming to anyone who wanted to play and had the talent. There's a distinct difference between groups created by those who naturally group together due to proximity/common language/etc and those that are created with the express idea of shutting out a certain group of people.
You mean like the NAACP?
01-21-2010, 11:38 AM   #19
Veteran Member

speaking of Martin Luther King

if you people Martin Luther King day is about being black... you got some issues.

01-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
You mean like the NAACP?
No, the NAACP was created to promote the interests of a certain group of people who had historically been oppressed. The NAACP hires whites, Asians, latinos, whatever, even if their goal is the "advancement" of "colored people" (1909 terminology) or, as their goal statement puts it, "To ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination." I know it's hard for you, but please try not to be so dense.
01-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Phil1 Quote
But hey, out here there are exclusive latino soccer clubs and all that. Too bad some like to stay exclusive.
Latino soccer clubs aren't about 'We're the majority and want whatever we want to have a lock on sports,' (Nor are they so exclusive as people claiming 'Reverse racism!' at the drop of any hat, when called on overtly-racist stuff claim ...they're actually just part of the various communities called Latino playing soccer as a bit of home. It's not about a hate agenda that says, 'No one but 'Latinoes' can play soccer, and we'll prove it by not letting anyone try!'

QuoteQuote:
"I think there should be women members," said Woods. "But it's not up to me. I don't have voting rights, I'm just an honorary member."

To bad the only qualifications for any entry is simply skill, talent and will.
Too bad you apparently need a certain piece of swinging bits to be a 'member.' Regardless of your scores for a tournament.

QuoteQuote:
I guess you have to make up your own mind about these things.
Or be a 'member.'
01-21-2010, 11:47 AM   #22
Veteran Member

'You have Martin Luther King Day.'

Your damn right we do. He was a Repub. LOL

Err, yeah: Back then, the 'Southern Democrats' were the *conservatives.*

If you can get a little more sophisticated about politics than if there's an 'R' next to someone's name and figure that meant the same thing for all time as Rush told you it does now.

Kind of a joke now, for Greens, but the Democrats and Republicans were once the same party: The 'Democratic Republican Party.' ie, as opposed to Federalists, they wanted 'democratic Republics.'

Now, of course, the Republicans want 'democracy' (when it suits them,) even if they have to monkey any given election to say something's 'The Will of the people,' (when it suits them...)

And the *Democrats* are trying to defend the Republic. Go figure.

Therefore, when you say: "We're the party Of Lincoln! Therefore, MLK Approves of us segregating over racial hate! Even if he endorsed Kennedy and Johnson!" ....Well.... Err... No.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 01-21-2010 at 11:57 AM.
01-21-2010, 11:55 AM   #23
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
No, the NAACP was created to promote the interests of a certain group of people who had historically been oppressed. The NAACP hires whites, Asians, latinos, whatever, even if their goal is the "advancement" of "colored people" (1909 terminology) or, as their goal statement puts it, "To ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination." I know it's hard for you, but please try not to be so dense.
I just asked a question. No need to get insulting. I know it's hard for you jack asses, I mean democrats, not to be but please try.
01-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #24
Inactive Account

"I think there should be women members," said Woods. "But it's not up to me. I don't have voting rights, I'm just an honorary member."

Too bad you apparently need a certain piece of swinging bits to be a 'member.' Regardless of your scores for a tournament.
RML

LOL. I guess size does count. I wish they would do something about that. Perhaps a fed funded stimulus plan?

Maybe this cracker B Ball deal is for shorties. (I had to say it)

I didn't intend to slam latino soccer clubs, they are just fine with me. I just used them as an example of being 'there', working well and quite popular here. No one seems to have any problem with them at all.
01-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #25
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote

And the *Democrats* are trying to defend the Republic. Go figure.

01-21-2010, 12:19 PM   #26
Veteran Member

RML

LOL. I guess size does count. I wish they would do something about that. Perhaps a fed funded stimulus plan?

You can pretty much stimulate your members elsewhere, if you asked me. LOL.

QuoteQuote:
I didn't intend to slam latino soccer clubs, they are just fine with me. I just used them as an example of being 'there', working well and quite popular here. No one seems to have any problem with them at all.

Being where? Do you know?

That's a diversion from the actual, overt, and founding racism of this particular league, and trying to paint things that come out of *ghettoes* as though it was in the same light.

There's 'Irish' and 'Italian' little soccer leagues, too, that doesn't mean they're trying to exclude the rest of the country, or insist, 'Irish soccer players are superior, and we're excluding those Bulgarian cheaters, with their... Skill and size, and stuff...' just that it's about the various communities.

Like, hey, for *minority communities,* maybe it's about not having an 'activity to do together' overwhelmed, like anything else, by any given member of some majority that outnumbers you, and feels like 'reverse discrimination' must be at play. To justify being a bigot.. And dragging all that crap right back into another corner of your community's life.

To be quite honest, it's different, Phil. (And I'm both identified with a racial majority, and a religious minority, not to mention all that stuff you guys think is about nothing but sex.)

There's a difference between saying, 'This is only for those seen as privileged so we can say 'black people are stupid' and act like, 'They don't deserve to have a lot of NBA stars that look like them' or saying, 'We can't let women into this elite golf club cause women can't golf, however good of golfers they are, but we'll still say we're the best golfers in the world, cause women can't golf...'

...And having a community league among those who just want to play without having everything they do taken over by the next dittohead who wants to 'prove a point.'
01-21-2010, 12:21 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote

"Now it smells like fish and roses!"

*flicking Bic.*

'Sanitizers' have an odor all their own.

Something's still rotten in Denmark, know what I mean?

(Funny thing is, that lady kinda looks like me with a bleach job, maid's dress and a home perm. )
01-21-2010, 12:25 PM   #28
graphicgr8s

"Now it smells like fish and roses!"

*flicking Bic.*

'Sanitizers' have an odor all their own.

Does anyone ever?
01-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #29
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Absolutely! I completely understand every one of your posts.
01-21-2010, 01:16 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
I just asked a question. No need to get insulting. I know it's hard for you jack asses, I mean democrats, not to be but please try.
You asked a question that you knew was baiting and stupid. This is why you're a troll. Good job.
Closed Thread