Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Jaa, and it is nobody`s fault.

Cheers. Mike.

01-21-2010, 10:41 PM   #32
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Maybe I would give it to Dickie boy along with a request to take his old boss out for a good hunt.
Regards
01-22-2010, 07:18 AM   #33
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Wow, you just turned me into like some kind of badass acronym.

"Reality-Accepting Totally-Mendicant Accidental Gendarme?'

RATMAG. Oof.

(Just teasing)
Alternate possibility:

Really-Annoying-Totally-Malapropos-Antagonistic-Gasbag

Last edited by Parallax; 01-22-2010 at 10:45 AM.
01-22-2010, 09:37 AM   #34
Forum Member

I can't answer the poll because what I would actually do would be a mix of 1 and 2 - "Pocket it, and call the cops." Where I live a gun found lying on the street most likely was not involved in a crime but was legally owned by someone who absentmindedly left it on the roof of his car or the back bumper of his pickup truck and then drove off. The owner probably wants it back and has reported it lost - if he even realized he lost it, that is. If I leave it lying in the street someone less scrupulous than myself may come along and just keep it for himself. So I would take it with me, then stop by the sheriff's office or give them a call to report it, and see if anyone is looking for it. If no one claims it they'll probably let me keep it.

01-22-2010, 09:42 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ian Tokeo Quote
I can't answer the poll because what I would actually do would be a mix of 1 and 2 - "Pocket it, and call the cops." Where I live a gun found lying on the street most likely was not involved in a crime but was legally owned by someone who absentmindedly left it on the roof of his car or the back bumper of his pickup truck and then drove off. The owner probably wants it back and has reported it lost - if he even realized he lost it, that is. If I leave it lying in the street someone less scrupulous than myself may come along and just keep it for himself. So I would take it with me, then stop by the sheriff's office or give them a call to report it, and see if anyone is looking for it. If no one claims it they'll probably let me keep it.
I love Montana. I wish I could get my wife to agree.

In Seattle, it'd become a crime scene. In fact, I try not to report anything to SPD for fear of being jammed up by SPD just for trying to help.
01-22-2010, 12:09 PM   #36
Veteran Member

see you are all looking at this from a law abiding citizens view. Should I be a criminal I would put some gloves on and store the weapon and use if for a future event since it already has fingerprints on it you would get away clear and implicate someone else in the crime. thats of course looking at things like a criminal if it were me I would call the cops and hang out till they arrived
01-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
see you are all looking at this from a law abiding citizens view
Of course, as we are law abiding citizens... how else could we possibly look at it?

Pat

01-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Come down to it, if you're the first one to come across a firearm just lying around, you're already in the wrong fricking place.
What she said. Come to think of it, is there anyone here who has actually been in this situation?

An abandoned firearm, I suppose, would almost certainly be a piece of criminal evidence - unless, of course, you're talking about a rifle found in the backwoods during hunting season...
01-22-2010, 04:18 PM   #39
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by OregonJim Quote
Come to think of it, is there anyone here who has actually been in this situation?

It was lying on the ground a few feet from someone who was asleep (I think he was asleep).
01-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Definitely pocket it.
01-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #41
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Hope you finish with a bang. All the best with that.

Did you actually post that in this thread. Too funny....

#1 of course because as a Canuck there is a 99.9% this is a crime scene to some degree, since handguns are illegal here.
01-22-2010, 06:21 PM   #42
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Find the TSA agent that lost it?

Waupaca Woman Finds Gun in Airport Bathroom - WBAY-TV Green Bay-Fox Cities-Northeast Wisconsin News:

Last edited by JnM_in_VT; 01-23-2010 at 07:06 PM.
01-22-2010, 06:32 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Went with #1, though I would follow the Rat's lead if there was anyway someone else may decide to do something with it.
01-22-2010, 07:39 PM   #44
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
It was lying on the ground a few feet from someone who was asleep (I think he was asleep).
Like a really deep sleep? Like forever? Not snoring like Tiger......
01-22-2010, 08:53 PM   #45
Pentaxian

I would call the police....BTW...I don't know why some use the word 'cops'...kind of a negative connotation.

The gun may have been used in crime, it certainly is dangerous lying around on the street...why anyone would ignore it is beyond me.

A gun is certainly not a finders keepers...losers weepers type of thing.