Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2010, 08:55 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
how would you create a 60's Diner theme?

I'm planning out another art piece, where I'm hoping on setting up a 60's style diner's appearance.
Since the table will be the center of attention I really don't need anything, other than table top, and wall ideas.
Here's the tough part. Since it's my own personal project I have a very limited budget, and since my studio happens to be in my rented home I can't do anything permanent to the walls.... I was thinking of a poster or 2 there.

If you have any ideas can you please post them
Thanks

01-23-2010, 09:09 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

01-23-2010, 09:20 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
too boring Jim
It honestly wouldn't work in with the theme, although I won't give the main idea away
01-23-2010, 09:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Never mind the dining room...

Picture a whole family (in 60's clothes) sitting in the living room (find one with 60's furniture!) sitting on the couch and eating those TV dinners on small folding tables

Pat

ps: yeah I know it's already been done, but surely you can give it a twist?

01-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #5
Damn Brit

It's a shame you don't have Denny's in Canada.
01-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #6
graphicgr8s

Stu you talking a Diner or Dinner? If it's a diner think stainless steel and reds and browns and formica. If dinner well you're on your own.
01-23-2010, 08:51 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote
Never mind the dining room...

Picture a whole family (in 60's clothes) sitting in the living room (find one with 60's furniture!) sitting on the couch and eating those TV dinners on small folding tables

Pat

ps: yeah I know it's already been done, but surely you can give it a twist?
Good idea Pat, although no where near my plans.
It might be interesting shooting a 60's theme wedding, and having them serve those TV dinners.

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
It's a shame you don't have Denny's in Canada.
We do have a Denny's here Gary, and I do eat there from time to time. The waitresses even like me enought to let me shoot the camera inside, however it won't work with this shoot.
I've sent you a PM, and I think that you'll understand.

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Stu you talking a Diner or Dinner? If it's a diner think stainless steel and reds and browns and formica. If dinner well you're on your own.
Thanks graphic, It's a Diner that I want alright.
That's what I was more or less thinking, as well. I'm pretty sure that I can find a plastic checkerboard table cloth, and I can probably even find the plastic baskets.
It's more the wall coverings that I'm not sure about, and possibly the shape of the table

01-24-2010, 03:30 PM   #8
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Good idea Pat, although no where near my plans.
It might be interesting shooting a 60's theme wedding, and having them serve those TV dinners.

We do have a Denny's here Gary, and I do eat there from time to time. The waitresses even like me enought to let me shoot the camera inside, however it won't work with this shoot.
I've sent you a PM, and I think that you'll understand.

Thanks graphic, It's a Diner that I want alright.
That's what I was more or less thinking, as well. I'm pretty sure that I can find a plastic checkerboard table cloth, and I can probably even find the plastic baskets.
It's more the wall coverings that I'm not sure about, and possibly the shape of the table
The table would most likely be square with a formica top, a metal strip around the edge and chromed metal legs.
01-24-2010, 04:23 PM   #9
graphicgr8s

The table would have rounded corners. Soda bottles and if they served Coke they would have Coke glasses. Mel-Mac dinnerware. Jukeboxes on every table that's against a wall.
01-24-2010, 04:40 PM   #10
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Get some coloured plastic (same color as tablecloth) to act as a splashback. Then look through some magazines, you'll probably find an ad picture suitable to put in a frame.
01-24-2010, 05:19 PM   #11
Inactive Account

Is time travel out of the question?

Jukeboxes are a must. The old telephones are quite iconic of that era too if you could somehow fit it in.