Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2010, 09:03 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
And the winners are......

The New Orleans Saints will play the Indianapolis Colts in the 44th Super Bowl at Miama on Feb. 7.
The Jets came out strong at first and then the Colts regrouped and put the smackdown on NY.

The Vikings had the game in the bag. Both teams were struggling to get ahead, but the Vikings had 5 turnovers including the interception that followed a penalty for to many men on the field which put them out of field goal range with less then a minute left on the clock. The game went into overtime, the Saints won the toss, the Vikings could not hold them and the Saints won it with a field goal.To bad for Bret Farve....he is a tough player that has been playing for 19 seasons......so close.

Minnesota shot themselves in the foot and they are going to have a long time to think about it.....untill next season.

Last edited by res3567; 01-24-2010 at 09:08 PM.
01-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
If this turns out to have been Brett Favre's last year, that means his career ended with an interception that lost the championship game...

My guess is he'll be back next year. That's a terrible way to end a career.

I kept expecting the Vikings to trot out the kicking team at the end of the 4th quarter. Seems to me like 3 kicking tries would've almost guaranteed at least one field goal, thereby leaving the other team 20 seconds to make a comeback. Instead they try this stupid trick that nets them a flag and pulls them out of field goal range. I was ready to throw stuff at the TV...
01-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
graphicgr8s

How's the digit?
01-24-2010, 09:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
How's the digit?
It is fine George thanks. I can act like the Fonz again! AAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

How are you are your family?

01-24-2010, 09:36 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
If this turns out to have been Brett Favre's last year, that means his career ended with an interception that lost the championship game...

My guess is he'll be back next year. That's a terrible way to end a career.

I kept expecting the Vikings to trot out the kicking team at the end of the 4th quarter. Seems to me like 3 kicking tries would've almost guaranteed at least one field goal, thereby leaving the other team 20 seconds to make a comeback. Instead they try this stupid trick that nets them a flag and pulls them out of field goal range. I was ready to throw stuff at the TV...
Yep and I was two! I was like GOOD GREIF!!! C'MON GUYS!!!! I would not want to be Farve tonight.....that interception most likely cost them the game.......Pants on the ground???? How about game on the ground and they stepped backwards........
01-24-2010, 09:38 PM   #6
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by res3567 Quote
It is fine George thanks. I can act like the Fonz again! AAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

How are you are your family?
Guess there ok. So it didn't go gangrene? Too bad. I always have bad luck. Can we amputate anyway?
01-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Despite this many turnovers from interceptions and fumbles... The Vikings held their ground tremendously well against the Saints who did not do anywhere near the amount of mistakes the Vikings did. However with this, the Vikings mistakes might've not been the real factor of why they lost, it could be the fact that the referees did 3 terrible calls in a row... 1. Saints received a first down when they were clearly pushed behind the line. 2. Pass interference for a ball that would've never been caught. 3. He had no control over the ball and it hit the ground, clearly should've been a incomplete pass. Did the referees really watch the replays before making the calls? Or maybe they are just playing the Saints game because the NFL wants them to. Vikings got robbed. However the mistake Brett Favre did was clearly a high school mistake...

Something's not right, but oh well. Never going to watch another American football game ever again. Too rigged for my liking.

01-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Guess there ok. So it didn't go gangrene? Too bad. I always have bad luck. Can we amputate anyway?
Rupert is waitin for you to break out the chainsaw. Or ax. Or sword. Or kitchen knife. Or Swiss Army knife. Or weedeater. Or bushwacker. Do you have a light sabre? That way he won't feel it.
01-24-2010, 09:43 PM   #9
Veteran Member

de ja vue Brett Favre threw an interception in the NFC championship game at Lambeau two years ago that cost the Green Bay Packers a chance at the Super Bowl. I'm not crying tonight. The traitor

Larry
01-24-2010, 09:46 PM   #10
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by res3567 Quote
Rupert is waitin for you to break out the chainsaw. Or ax. Or sword. Or kitchen knife. Or Swiss Army knife. Or weedeater. Or bushwacker. Do you have a light sabre? That way he won't feel it.
You're closer
01-24-2010, 09:47 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Despite this many turnovers from interceptions and fumbles... The Vikings held their ground tremendously well against the Saints who did not do anywhere near the amount of mistakes the Vikings did. However with this, the Vikings mistakes might've not been the real factor of why they lost, it could be the fact that the referees did 3 terrible calls in a row... 1. Saints received a first down when they were clearly pushed behind the line. 2. Pass interference for a ball that would've never been caught. 3. He had no control over the ball and it hit the ground, clearly should've been a incomplete pass. Did the referees really watch the replays before making the calls? Or maybe they are just playing the Saints game because the NFL wants them to. Vikings got robbed. However the mistake Brett Favre did was clearly a high school mistake... Something's not right, but oh well.
I agree with you totaly with those calls; they were bad. However the Vikings had the game in their grasp aqnd I was expecting them to utalize good time management and execute careful plays to get their kicker into field goal range with little to no time left and win the game. They did not and they paid the price.
01-25-2010, 01:00 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
1. Saints received a first down when they were clearly pushed behind the line.
Bad ref calls are always present in any game. That's part of the "human error" thing that keeps games lively. This particular one wasn't such a big deal.

2. Pass interference for a ball that would've never been caught.
I agree it may have been uncatchable, but you're still not allowed to touch the receiver beyond X number of yards from the line of scrimmage. Maybe "interference" wasn't the right call, but there was illegal contact downfield. I'm not sure about the NFL, but in CFL, that's a 10 yard penalty. Again, this was not such a big deal. It was in overtime, and overtime rules in the NFL are beyond retarded. 90% of the time, the team that wins the coin toss wins the game. Sudden death overtime in football is stupid.

3. He had no control over the ball and it hit the ground, clearly should've been a incomplete pass.
I disagree with that. From some angles, it looked like the ball "might've" touched the ground. From others, it looked like it didn't. This is on a 60" HDTV. My guess is there was no clear evidence to overturn the call on the field, and I'm fine by that.

Did the referees really watch the replays before making the calls? Or maybe they are just playing the Saints game because the NFL wants them to. Vikings got robbed. However the mistake Brett Favre did was clearly a high school mistake...

Something's not right, but oh well. Never going to watch another American football game ever again. Too rigged for my liking.
I rarely watch NFL games anyways. The CFL keeps my attention throughout most of the NFL season

The way it looked to me, the Vikings shot themselves in the foot too many times by repeatedly turning over the ball, the offensive coordinator failed to take advantage of his superior kicker near the end, and Favre put the nail in the coffin with that final interception. Everything that happened in overtime was just brutal punishment for the Vikings' failure... they got to sit there and lose ssslllooowwwlllyyy, feeling every second of their defeat, knowing full well that NFL OT is the stupidest thing in professional sports.
01-25-2010, 10:39 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Did the referees really watch the replays before making the calls? Or maybe they are just playing the Saints game because the NFL wants them to. Vikings got robbed. However the mistake Brett Favre did was clearly a high school mistake...

The Vikings did not get robbed. Well, maybe they did, but if so, they got robbed by Favre. One of the first things you learn as a QB........don't throw back across the field into double coverage!! He got greedy. BTW, he and I attended the same university, but 13 years apart. All I can say is...."Who Dat"!!