Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #31
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote

Btw if this goth/emo hybrid thing is harmless , why are these kids cutting themselves? I see nothing healthy about self mutilation.
Quite an interesting read - Self-harm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia seems like there are numerous reasons for it but parents are probably to blame in a lot of cases.

01-25-2010, 12:56 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I didn't find anything cute about the straight & pregnant 13 year old either.
You're missing the point when I say the bashing (or 'cuteness') starts before actual sex necessarily has to. Failing to see the difference is why and how stuff like that happens.

Quite frankly, a lot of queer gals are misguided enough to try and get preggers early in life in order to escape the stigma attached to *not* being straight, or increasingly, again, cause they're told over and over again that that's the only worthy thing they'll ever be capable of.

Just like a lot of gay kids join the Army: cause everyone's saying "It'll make a man out of you!" (Also to get the F away from people who say that)

Or cause some people think disinformation about contraceptives or HPV vaccines somehow dissuades girls from sex.

It doesn't.

QuoteQuote:
Her parents let her run wild as did the parents of the boy.
When these kids get a little older they will have plenty of opportunity to make their own choices for better or worse but at 12-13 they are the responsibillity of their parents.
Btw if this goth/emo hybrid thing is harmless , why are these kids cutting themselves? I see nothing healthy about self mutilation.
More with the 'They let their kids run wild.' Actually, the opposite. They behave in 'extreme' manners because healthy growth is *closed off to them.*

Cutting doesn't come from emo, or whatever 'devil music' of the time may be blamed for all social ills: actually, "emo," (*referring to emotional expression and even release*) ...Forestalls cutting. Kids don't cut cause someone said 'This is cool,' ...they cut cause everyone's telling them they deserve to be hurt.... All the time... and it's a controlled way to release the endorphins.

Not that it's thought through that way, but that's really kind of what it is. Abused dogs will scratch themselves bare in places, ...it's not cause someone played them the wrong music.

Even some 'liberals,' of course, will tend to say, 'That's just a cry for help, it's not real.'

Funny thing is, it's not.

Maybe a cry for help for *you*, is the interesting way it seems to come out.

Frankly, it's kind of a sadomasochistic culture we live in. Sin, redemption through suffering...
all manner of people strutting around rationalizing how 'We're righteous enough to make others suffer! This is all life is!'

Boxed in like that, people *will* take it in their own hands.

Who learned what from who?

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 01-25-2010 at 01:06 PM.
01-25-2010, 01:08 PM   #33
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
......................More with the 'They let their kids run wild.' Actually, the opposite. They behave in 'extreme' manners because healthy growth is *closed off to them.*

Cutting doesn't come from emo, or whatever 'devil music' of the time may be blamed for all social ills: actually, "emo," (*referring to emotional expression and even release*) ...Forestalls cutting. Kids don't cut cause someone said 'This is cool,' ...they cut cause everyone's telling them they deserve to be hurt.... All the time... and it's a controlled way to release the endorphins.

Not that it's thought through that way, but that's really kind of what it is. Abused dogs will scratch themselves bare in places, ...it's not cause someone played them the wrong music.
So what you are saying then is don't try to teach them right from wrong because right and wrong are only a matter of opinion. Don't try and teach them anything because if what you are teaching them is not what they want to learn you are taking up the time they could be using to learn the things they want to. If you want your kid to grow up healthy and well adjusted, stay out of their lives completely. Good plan. I am sure society will be much better off that way.
01-25-2010, 01:11 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
So what you are saying then is don't try to teach them right from wrong because right and wrong are only a matter of opinion. Don't try and teach them anything because if what you are teaching them is not what they want to learn you are taking up the time they could be using to learn the things they want to. If you want your kid to grow up healthy and well adjusted, stay out of their lives completely. Good plan. I am sure society will be much better off that way.

Actually, I'm saying 'Your kids are screaming' (As silently as they can, of course) ... and all you can say is crap like that.

And, yes, I'm saying *you're* the ones who want it easy. No matter who it hurts.

*You* guys let someone declare "Culture War." And we all know who the first casualty of war is:

"The Truth."

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 01-25-2010 at 01:23 PM.
01-25-2010, 01:29 PM   #35
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Actually, I'm saying 'Your kids are screaming' (As silently as they can, of course) ... and all you can say is crap like that.

And, yes, I'm saying *you're* the ones who want it easy. No matter who it hurts.

*You* guys let someone declare "Culture War." And we all know who the first casualty of war is:

"The Truth."
Well, my kid graduated from HS with honors and is now in his 3rd year of college and works to support himself. We were involved with him with the usual activities; Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Church activities, and sports. He has never been in trouble with the law, or used drugs and he started working to earn spending money at age 14.
How's yours doing?
01-25-2010, 01:43 PM   #36
Inactive Account

Well, my kid graduated from HS with honors and is now in his 3rd year of college and works to support himself. We were involved with him with the usual activities; Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Church activities, and sports. He has never been in trouble with the law, or used drugs and he started working to earn spending money at age 14.
How's yours doing?

owned

01-25-2010, 01:46 PM   #37
Veteran Member

How's yours doing?
My daughter would be the same age, by now. But.

I don't get to know.

Someone made a lot of circumstances such that only one Mommy was better than two, ...or else... With her as hostage. ...the rest of the story is, frankly, none of your business.

She'll always be eight years old to me. Gods know what she thinks of me, now. Could hate me for 'going away' cause otherwise someone would have hurt her, could think I was the Bright Maiden Herself, for all I know.

I don't *get* to know.

What I *do* know is a) I couldn't be there to help her, and b) You don't know why kids hurt themselves.

01-25-2010, 01:48 PM   #38
graphicgr8s

Jim isn't that what they ARE teaching them? And how's that working out?
01-25-2010, 01:48 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Leaf Fan Quote
owned

That would seem to be the general intention. Can't say it did my daughter any good.
01-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #40
graphicgr8s

That would seem to be the general intention. Can't say it did my daughter any good.
Can't say it did any harm either since you haven't seen her since she was eight. By the same token you could say it did her a world of good.
01-25-2010, 01:50 PM   #41
Damn Brit

I think that anyone who believes they haven't screwed/aren't going to screw their kid(s) up (even if it's only in a small way) is in denial. They tend to be the ones who have the biggest shocks.

Last edited by Damn Brit; 01-25-2010 at 01:58 PM.
01-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #42
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Jim isn't that what they ARE teaching them? And how's that working out?
Unfortunately, in far too many cases, yes. Its working out really well if you are a fan of uneducated, undisciplined, rude brats that have no respect for anything or anyone, including themselves.

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I think that anyone who believes they haven't screwed/aren't going to screw their kid(s) up (even if it's only in a small way) is in denial. They tend to be the ones who have the biggest shocks.
You're right, Gary. That's part of a parent's job, isn't it?
01-25-2010, 02:06 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Unfortunately, in far too many cases, yes. Its working out really well if you are a fan of uneducated, undisciplined, rude brats that have no respect for anything or anyone, including themselves.

You're right, Gary. That's part of a parent's job, isn't it?
So, now you're saying, 'Screwing up my kids is the eternal way of things, but if I hurt *your* kids, it's to protect them from turning out like 'kids these days' turn out, even if I rip children from the arms of their mothers to stop them from being 'influenced' by not-being-totally-messed-up-about sexuality-in-the-Christian-conservative-Way?' Haha, loser!

You may have gone past doublethink into triple-think.... To avoid... Paying attention to *what happens* here.
01-25-2010, 02:06 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Kids don't cut cause someone said 'This is cool,' ...they cut cause everyone's telling them they deserve to be hurt.... All the time... and it's a controlled way to release the endorphins.

Not that it's thought through that way, but that's really kind of what it is. ?
Your points have been taken but in regards to this, KIDS DO LOTS OF DUM SHIT BECAUSE OF PEER PRESURE AND A DESIRE TO BE COOL.
01-25-2010, 02:11 PM   #45
Veteran Member

Your points have been taken but in regards to this, KIDS DO LOTS OF DUM SHIT BECAUSE OF PEER PRESURE AND A DESIRE TO BE COOL.
CUTTING THEMSELVES IS NOT ONE OF THESE THINGS.

"DADDY-O."

Seriously. This is *not that fricking complicated* if you stop trying to exegize the Bible into something that fits your political party.

People.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 01-25-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Closed Thread